Ok, here I was trying to getaway for a couple of days and was toggling between Indonesia and Thailand. Finally, I settled for Indonesia. I just returned from a 3D2N stay at KTM Resort.
Here are my feedback:
1) Ambiance and the serenity was great.
2) The food was alright
3) I took a package with Spa Villa - the massage was great but it was shoddy. Have you ever heard of a full body massage where your front thighs and legs are not massaged? Neither did I until I experienced it myself. When I questioned them, the masseur insisted that she did do it. Being in a foreign country, I shut up and left. So when you book the package massage, be thorough and enquire all the details
4) KTM Resort service sucks big time!
On the second day morning, I had gone out and the room service had gone in to prep up my room. That was fine. But what was flabbergasting was that when I cam back to the room, my room door was left WIDE OPEN!!!! All my stuff were still there but my point is, which moron in his right frame of mind would leave the guest's room door wide open? This upset me a great deal - thank god I was carrying all my valuables with me!
5) The check-out process was the most hilarious and bewildering! I had been using my credit card a couple of times already during the trip and had no problems. When I gave the reception my card at checkout she took it, swiped it (rather inserted it) and came back to me to say it didn't work. I of course told her to try again because it could be due to the phoneline connection but she insisted that I give her another card. But I didn't carry another. So she went sought the help of another staff and that guy completed my transaction in seconds. So much for staff's knowledge and training.
6) The restaurant has a menu that does not allow for any customisation. So if you don't like the items on the menu, don't ask the waiters for alternatives or any modifications because firstly, the waiters are so dumb that they cannot understand and secondly, they have no initiative to want to verify with guest's orders. So save yourselves from the hassle and worry. Just carry some cup noodles as back up.
7) The rooms are generally clean. It is small but compact. Only that the air-con vent is positioned directly in such a way that the cool air hits your head and face. For those of you who have sinus issues, watch this.
8) On the second night, there was some private party for a group of Indonesian locals. At 10pm, some of them started playing with firecrackers. When I complained to the reeption, because it was being fired just below my 'hut', they refused to ask these guests to stop. Furthermore, the reception told me to 'not go to bed until midnight' since that was when it would end. Have anyone heard of such a thing?
So on a scale of 1 to 10, my overall rating for KTM resort would be 2.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All accommodations at KTM Resort are designed in a Balinese style and fully furnished with everything guests need for a perfect stay, including location. Retreat yourself with fresh seafood while enjoying the breathtaking views of the sea at the nearby restaurant on stilts which can accommodate up to 1,000 people. Take this opportunity to explore the iconic Kwan Im Statue towering over 23 meters high. The activities feature water sports, billiards and karaoke rooms, swimming pools, BBQ pits, mahjong, card games, and the all-time favorite - night-squid fishing. If guests are looking for a holiday destination that will keep you from the busy world and place you in quaint tranquility, then KTM Resort is the best option for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your KTM Resort Batam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pt. Ktm Resort - Batam Hotel Batam