(1) Taxi from Sekupang ferry terminal charged sgd10 for the shortest trip to the so called Resort;
(2) On arrival, no smiles, nothing from the front office, I have to repeatedly inform them of my name, passing from one to another person, finally to a Supervisor, they cannot find my booking, so, I showed the booking confirmation email I received from their email@example.com, again passed on to the Manager who came out, again wanted to see the booking confirmation, by this time, my iPad is flat out of battery, so they went off debating over whether my booking is from late booking or booking.com, leaving me behind, waiting.
(3) Finally, I was asked to go over the front office, telling me to fill out a form, then asked me to wait. By this time, am really frustrated and of course, tired without lunch yet at 3 pm, so I asked why do I have to wait? She said got to prepare the room, to which I said it is already 3, check-in time is 2pm, why do I need to wait? She did not answer, instead told the supervisor of my questions and without looking at me, nor answer me, basically ignored me by both busied themselves at the counter (they are total of 5 ppl, none care about my situation,with one other guest only, being served) and so, I went off to sit down, then the Supervisor merely asked me to go over again, passed me the breakfast vouchers and said that driver will drive me to the room, without a word of apology for all the waiting, no eye contact and of course, no offer of welcome drink, sitting nearby - NOTHING.
(4) While waiting for the shuttle minivan, I was asked by a young Indo man, seemed like a concierge (definitely not from front office) who wanted to carry my backpack: whether I booked my room late, to which I said "yesterday" but the fact that I get booking confirmation from their email account, my booking cannot be denied or caused any inconveniences to me. He explained that booking came late for them. I did not accept this and said that this shouldn't be first incident and they should have rectified it, having in operation, not recently, but years, I believe. And I climbed into the waiting minivan, wondering why would a concierge asked me and explained while the front office girl and Supervisor had no explanation, NOTHING at all...
(5) Reached ROom D311, shocked to see it is a SMALL wooden square BOX without balcony and faced basketball court at the door, and inner side, has no window, side window can see some hill below and construction with tractor - HEY, I booked BEACHFRONT COTTAGE, with balcony for a HEFTY USD354 included service charge and taxes for 2 nights! Where is the beach? Called the reception, line cut off before the girl managed to transfer to manager, which resulted to me calling again. Now, what did the manager said?
(A) He has given me a bigger room ("a deluxe") which can put an extra bed
(B) All beachfront cottage is sold out
(C) He has informed booking.com that booking at their Resort is closed, don't know why my booking is confirmed, despite their notice.
My reply was:
(A) No, D311 is not a bigger room, coz beside the double bed, there is no space, definitely cannot put an extra bed. And for sure, I don't need an extra bed because I am staying ALONE, why would I need extra bed?
(B)& (C) I received booking confirmation. And I booked beachfront cottage with balcony. And given the high price I am willing to pay, I want my booking be honored, internal issues of bookings are are their problems, solve it, don't tell me (note: what he said is different from the concierge man said earlier).
He finally said he will check if anyone is checking out today to give me the beachfront cottage. I said no, am checking out, he has to get driver to send me back to terminal for free. He said ok. No word of apology, no word of feeling bad for such inconveniences, again NOTHING.
Yes, thei driver came in abt 5 min, and I passed back the keycard etc thru driver. Thats it.
Did you "see" any guest service? Nothing, except the free transport back to ferry, for which I asked for.
Better stay away, there are good reasons why they get lots of bad reviews than good, and got to resolve to getting guest by offering deal or groupon voucher to sustain their business. Don't trust anything the staff said, or even the print confirmation. They spoilt my getaway holiday!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All accommodations at KTM Resort are designed in a Balinese style and fully furnished with everything guests need for a perfect stay, including location. Retreat yourself with fresh seafood while enjoying the breathtaking views of the sea at the nearby restaurant on stilts which can accommodate up to 1,000 people. Take this opportunity to explore the iconic Kwan Im Statue towering over 23 meters high. The activities feature water sports, billiards and karaoke rooms, swimming pools, BBQ pits, mahjong, card games, and the all-time favorite - night-squid fishing. If guests are looking for a holiday destination that will keep you from the busy world and place you in quaint tranquility, then KTM Resort is the best option for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your KTM Resort Batam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pt. Ktm Resort - Batam Hotel Batam