“From Singapore, Tampines - Thank You So Much”
Review of Swiss-Belinn Batam

Swiss-Belinn Batam
Ranked #26 of 99 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“From Singapore, Tampines - Thank You So Much”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

In Jun 2012 we stayed in Rm 318. Really appreciate the staff especially Mr Ben, Ms April and the Doormen. The Doormen gave us good tips in moving around the vicinity. The room was clean. I asked for 2 extra pillows, it was delivered within mins. For what v paid for in the package deal, the breakfast v got was more than what v paid for , the food was refilled instantly. I took the hotel taxi twice, they were friendly and helpful. The small pool was maintained well. Security at the drive-in entrance: tight security. Will go there again with more family friends. Tanks from Shankar

Room Tip: Its a simple, Good Hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Batam, 12 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belinn, Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Belinn, Batam. We do appreciate your comments and have been forwarded to our staff and team as well as to our Front Office staff - Desben. Indeed it is a good hotel, centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comment regarding the service of our staff.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enables us to focus our continue improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belinn, Batam. Thank you.

With kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Very bad experience. Will not go stay any more. Do not use Groupon as they will look down on you and provide you with very bad view (once you open your curtain, you are facing wall, no view at all) of the room you are going to stay. Furhermore, you are not allow to change as they will answer you 'hotel fully book' but you can tell whether is fully book or not.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank sjtan304
Wawan S, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this review, January 6, 2016
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belinn Batam !

Thanks you for your taking time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your stay at Swiss-Belinn Batam

We do apologize for the inconvenience experience during your stay. Our management is taken this matter very seriously. We have reviewed your feed backs with the departments concerned for immediate improvement.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enables us to focus our continue improvement effort. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at Swiss-Belinn Batam. Thanks You

With kind regards,

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

Singapore
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed at the hotel from the 5th - 8th of April.
Check in was a breeze thou was greeted by a sour looking recep by the name of yani.I would have thought that indonesian ladies are sewwt by nature but not this staff....not friendly n definitely not the type of service i would have expected from a front desk staff.

Room was standard superior..nothing fancy..small room...can only fit in 2 adults and 2 kids....view wise nothing spectacular..facing the school...
The bed is strangely big enough to fit 3 adults and 2 children
Room amenities all the basic stuff u will get from a 4 star hotel
Lighting not much in the room....can do better....

Room service not worth the price....To request for ice bucket have to pay IDR2000....and u cant charge it to the room...u have to pay cash...
Breakfast buffet..nothing great..req for pancake,got it on my first day but not subsequent...staff refused to help.....Beef bacon is freshly cooked,they only cook when u req....
coffee and tea is not served...have to ask from the staff then only they serve it to u...

swimming pool is just a small pool...
no staff seen at the pool...so cant ask for a pool towel....have to go down and up a steep set of stairs to get to the pool...
should have deployed some staff at the pool....
toilet at the pool has no shower so to clean up have to climb up the steep stairs and get to the room....
only those who stay at the apartment get to have a pool view...for hotel side,no view....

One thing that I find lacking at this hotel is their service....esp for front desk staff yani....
i req to change room and without checking how long will i stay,she cut me off by saying no extension....then i say that look at my reservation,i am staying fro 3 nights...all i was asking is there was a last minute cancellation....n without checking she just say no......no smile,no apologise,not even saying that she will inform me if there is any room available later on during the day....and when i check out,she even can say that i only checked in for 1 night and am req to pay for the balance 2 nights....she even say that she never got my reservation slip which i presented to her on the first day i check in...
thanks to her,my total experience was a bad one at swiss bel.....

oh by the way,one of the pro of this hotel is that if u want to eat but refuse to order room service,can actually req for the staff to buy for u outside food and have it delivered to ure room...just give some tips for them and the money for the food....i actually ask them to buy for me some gorengan and mee goreng outside and they are more than happy to help....

this hotel is too far to wal to nagoya hill shopping centre but just a mere 3 min drive by taxi...
taxi fare idr 35000 - 40000.....
taxi fare to batam centre idr 50000

overall..i will not return to this hotel as the service here is not worth it...

Room Tip: avoid room 304 / 404 / 504... karaoke music can be heard even in room 510... ask for room wz balco...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank huneybaby69
Denny J, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Batam, 19 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Swiss-Belinn, Batam!

I do apologize for your inconvenience experience regarding un-friendly receptionist during your recent stay as well as lack of attentiveness of our staff during your breakfast experience. We assure you that this is not the usual standard of service we would like to give to our guest. This problem has been noted and passed on to the manager concerned to avoid similar problem in the future. In the same time we do hope that your next stay will be even more enjoyable.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enable us to continue our improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belinn, Batam.

Denny Jatnika
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Firstly, I want to thank Mr Mansur for helping my partner and I with not only the accommodation, but the ferry trip as well. As our trip was a groupon trip, I expected the hotel to be really busy with the other customers. But once Mr Mansur found out that at the last minute, the ferry for us was not booked yet, he immediately settled the problem to ensure a smooth trip for us.

Was greeted by the very friendly staff and checking in was a breeze. I liked the size of our room and although it didnt have a great view , I didn't mind because i kept the curtains shut most of the time. The room was very clean and cooly air-conditioned. TV channels which i watched most was AXN, HBO and Cartoon Network and the reception was perfect! Really enjoyed staying the room as it was also smoke friendly. DIdn't have to worry about not being able to smoke. Toilet was alright. Very basic but who bothers about using the toilet so much when all you need it for is a shower?

I have to say that the room we had was really clean and the bed was very comfortable as well. I could sleep in the whole day if my partner did not drag me out for breakfast and supper. It was so comfortable we didnt want room-service for our 3D2N stay to tidy our bed. Breakfast was good. Wasn't expecting anything great but it was pleasant.Was super happy when I found out there was someone to cook eggs for us. Liked the pasta they served in the morning as well.

Although there are 3 shopping malls near by (around 10-15 mins drive) Nagoya Hill, Batam CIty Square and Harbour Bay mall, most of the times you would see the shops selling the same things. Thats when I realised Batam isnt much of a shopping place. Food wise, I like ti very much.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at Swiss-Belhotel Batam. I feel that the friendliness of the staff, despite the language barrier, gave an extra thumbs up. I would visit again when the opportunity arrives next time and try out the spa.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon N
Denny J, Manager at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Batam, 27 February 2011

Dear Guest,

Warm regards from Swiss- Belinn, Batam!
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Belinn, Batam. We do appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel and staff, especially Mr. Mansur. Your comments has been forwarded to our staff and team. Indeed it is a good hotel, centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comment regarding the service of our staff.

With kind regards
Cuautitlán Izcalli, Mexico, Mexico
Reviewed December 4, 2011

The Swiss-bel inn (there are two Swiss-bel hotels in Batam, the Swiss-bel and the Swiss-bel inn) building is divided in two: one half for apartments and the other half works as a standard hotel. First night we got there due to a confusion there were no apartments available and slept for one night in the hotel. Not bad, but due to being a "yes smoking" hotel, carpets are grimy and at least the two rooms that I saw smelled of tobacco. Next day we moved to the apartment side and wow what a difference for just some $27 more. All new, well cared for, rooms with a living room, kitchenette and a spacious bedroom, with two split-type air conditioners in each unit. Laundry does an excellent work at an unbeatable price (most hotels normally rip you off with the laundry). Kudos to Mr. Mansur in the reception, he goes beyond his duty to make your stay amenable. Bad points: The breakfast buffet is not very varied above all for westerners, never once saw sausages or ham for instance. The food in the restaurant is acceptable. The karaoke in the second floor: don't go. It's a ripoff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Marco P
SIBBatam, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Batam, 10 December 2011

Dear Guest

Warm regards from Swiss- Belinn, Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Belinn, Batam. We do appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel and staff. Indeed it is a good hotel, centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comment regarding the service of our staff.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enables us to focus our continues improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belinn, Batam. Thank you.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Hi Mr Mansor!

I just would like to thank you for all your kind assistance and efficiency in processing my reservations with your hotel. It was extremely appreciated.

Along with that, I would also like to warmly thank all the staff at Swiss Inn as due to a miscommunication with our first taxi driver, we were dropped off at the wrong hotel. Despite that, front office staff at Swiss Inn (Simon) and a colleague on duty promptly arranged for us to be driven over to Swiss Belhotel at no additional costs and without any fuss whatsoever. This was an extremely generous service done by the hotel that was really appreciated by my friend and myself.

Thank you to Swiss Belhotel for making our stay comfortable with the excellent hospitality of every staff we encountered, from the front desk, the housekeeping to even the staff at Swiss Cafe.

I had a pleasant stay, so thank you for a job well done.

Best regards,
Amelia Amari

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Ms. Amelia,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belinn Batam !

We do appreciate and thanks you of your positive comments and have been forwarded to our staff and team for motivation, indeed nicely done hotel and centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comments regarding the serviced of our staff

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights on this hotel with my mother, booking the place was the worst experience I have encountered getting there was more terrible service. We have booked a tour and by the time the tour group got there was the only time the hotel people started looking for rooms. Sure there was a welcome drink ( I appreciate that by the way) However when we got to the room we receive 1 tooth brush , 1 wash and soap and the room was for 2 people with single bed. Also on the second day the hotel changed the bed sheet but not the comforter. Really I wouldn't advise going to this hotel to my worst enemy.

Room was average 2 beds and all nothing much to expect typical place.

~ a very disappointed guest

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side with balcony is quite okay old
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Ceejaysoujourn
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belinn Batam !

Thanks you for your taking time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Belinn Batam