All reviewsstudio roomcups and glassesfood shopsthrough agodalong staynagoya hill shopping centrehotel servicerestaurant staffwater heaterpleasant staybooked roomstaxikitchenettespread
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights on this hotel with my mother, booking the place was the worst experience I have encountered getting there was more terrible service. We have booked a tour and by the time the tour group got there was the only time the hotel people started looking for rooms. Sure there was a welcome drink ( I appreciate that by the way) However when we got to the room we receive 1 tooth brush , 1 wash and soap and the room was for 2 people with single bed. Also on the second day the hotel changed the bed sheet but not the comforter. Really I wouldn't advise going to this hotel to my worst enemy.

Room was average 2 beds and all nothing much to expect typical place.

~ a very disappointed guest

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side with balcony is quite okay old
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Ceejaysoujourn
Wawan S, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm regards from Swiss-Belinn Batam !

Thanks you for your taking time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Belinn Batam

We do apologize for the inconvenience experience during your stay. Our management is taken this matter very seriously. We have reviewed your feed backs with the departments concerned for immediate improvement.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enables us to focus our continue improvement effort. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at Swiss-Belinn Batam. Thanks You

Reviewed September 19, 2011

its a trip of mum,sister n us. our first step in the apartment hotel was greeted with a nice cool drink n a smiling staff.. we requested for a room near access n we were honored for it..the room was nice n clean.
the location was ok..taxi was available n affordable just rm15 -rm18.to nagoya hill mall..the front office staff was helpful to contact the spa we read from the nett..
we went to isabella spa as they offered transportation..i can see everybody were smiling n feeling fresh after the spa.
when we board the ferry the first thing my mum n sister said was the next trip will be longer n travel by air...yes batam we will come again n we will defunitely stay in swiss belhotel coz as family this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank zeeramax
SIBBatam, General Manager at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Batam, 28 September 2011

Dear Guest ( Mr. Lai Ming Woei )

Warm regards from Swiss- Belhotel, Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments on tripadvisor.com following your recent stay at Swiss-Belhotel, Batam. We do appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel and staff. Indeed it is a good hotel, centrally located in downtown and we often receive good comment regarding the service of our staff.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enables us to focus our continues improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belhotel, Batam. Thank you.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I stayed here last week and unfortunately, the rooms let this hotel down. The lipstick of previous guests on the pillow cases put me in an unfortunate situation. The towels were old, stained and some had holes. On one occassion, i returned to my freshly made room and found the coffe and tea bags left on top of the toilet. Why the cleaner would take them into the bathroom is a worry.
The bathroom could be cleaned better.
Breakfast was sufficient, the room service and mini bar prices were acceptable. 2 bottles of water daily were appreciated.room was quite small, carpet frayed and not quite reaching the walls which gave a bad look. The bed was comfortable enough. TV was ok, a few channels with poor reception, only a few international channels worth watching. The road noise was disturbing at all hours of the night. The pool was clean - bring your own towel.
I think better value can be found in this area.
Some lights were not working. There is no inroom safe, the

Room Tip: ask for a back room although there will be noise from the nearby school during the day
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank balibeli
SIBBatam, Owner at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Swiss-Belhotel, Batam!

I do apologize for your inconvenience experience regarding cleanliness of you room and some TV channels which not working properly. We assure you that this is not the usual standard of service we would like to give to our guest. This problem has been noted and passed on to the manager concerned to avoid similar problem in the future. In the same time we do hope that your next stay will be even more enjoyable.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enable us to continue our improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Belhotel, Batam.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Stayed for 3days 2night with 4adult & 3child below 5yrs.
Booked 2 bedroom apartment.
No issue in check in as we came at the time of check in.
Rooms was spacious but worn off due to years in service.
Toilet amenities is basic.
No attach bathroom for the master room but attach bathroom for the twin bed which make no sense.Toilet door in the shower cant be close and very small basin area where i cant even put my toiletries bag.
Have to ask housekeeping to remove the coffee table as it is dangerous for the kids coz the glass top is not mounted firmly and can cause it to drop and the hurt the kids.
No WiFi in the room as mention so my Mrs have to make her way to the lobby to follow-up her deadline, very inconvinent.
Pool was ok but notice no life bouy for safety in case of drowning cases as there's no life guard to monitor the pool.
No football channel, so i miz The English League. I dont understand that shop at the roadside is showing for free but not in the hotel where we pay for the comfort and luxury. Very Dissapointed.
Breakfast was ok for the rate we paying.

Good side.
Staff is friendly, helpfull and attentive.
Not far from main shopping area Nagoya Hill.
10min to Harbour Bay Ferry terminal.

I visit Batam very often and i guess that's the only time i will stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sheerkhan_8
SIBBatam, Manager at Swiss-Belinn Batam, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Swiss-Belhotel, Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments following your recent stay at Swiss-Belhotel, Batam.

I do apologize for your inconvenience experience ragarding apartment conditions which not up to your requirement. Your comments have been noted by our management and we are pleased to inform you that this year we are doing renovation for our 2 bed room apartment, some unit was done and we will continue for the other unit. In the same time, for your next business travel to Batam, I would like to suggest you to stay in our one bed room apartment or 3 bed room apartment. The room size is bigger and new re-furnish. We do hope that your next stay will be even more enjoyable.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

My wife and I just came back from batam and we had stay this hotel for 1 night. I have to agree with all the reviews , the room is really small and it's not clean. The bathroom is full of water mark and hairs. The bed was so hard, you will easily froget about you laid on the mattress. you can also see the
black mark on the bed sheet and
pillows. TV is Led however the
channels were not good selections and not very clear. And best part was the hot water boiled machine, it's without the cover, But it's still working...the cups and glasses in the room are duty. Two of us only check in after 530pm and all amenities in the room are still only for one person ...
Breakfast and dinner are incl in our package. So we went down to
the cafe for our dinner around
0630pm after check in. The whole
restaurant only two guests which are my wife and I. I asked the
waiter what's our menu for tonight.
He answer " only fried rice, sir". I
know this was not for the hotel to
decide it's our travel agent who paid
And arranged for this. I also told the waiter just serve us one protion of fried rice to share and we will order other dishes from the menu.
However, two protion of fried rice arrived we have to repeat ourself to the same waiter and just feel a little bit bad when the food going to be waste.
The hotel location is ok to me. There are two big shopping mall nearby around 5 to 10 mins walk. But please be careful when you want to cross the road. There is no teffic light so the cars and motorbike won't stop and let you walk throught first.
We went to the SPA center which on the second level of the hotel. RB535,000 for 150min for two
people I think it's quite good price. Overall the treatment was not bad, my wife and I both have sleep short while when doing the facial. However before we start the whole thing you can feel the two staff are not very happy and willing to do for us maybe it's because we step in the SPA after 0930pm and we still chosen the 2 and half hour package.
On the next day morning , we went for breakfast before check out. For me I feel the breakfast the hotel
offer is good enough. Fruit, cereal, breads, juices, fried noodle and rice,
porridge, hot dishes and live station
for eggs with sausages and bacons.
My wife and I had enjoyed breakfast .however we notice something which can be improve like the cereal only served with normal milk should have skim or low fat milk. The toast machine is not use-friendly.the woste part was when I
finish toast my bread and I wants to
take some jam, I saw a big fly was
inside the kaya jam... I know it's
not someone put it inside there but
it's just make me lost my appeti
immditeitly.
Frankly I know the hotel shall be very much at this standard before I arrive or should I said even when I
confirmed the package with my
travel agent. So I didn't feel
surprise or disspoint. But for
whoever is plan for a free and easy
trip to batam, I will suggest you
avoid this place. To me hotel is the
most important things during my oversea holidays, sadly there is no mardrian oriental in batam yet but there must some nice hotel in the island already so pls try harder...

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Swiss- Inn, Batam!

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments following your recent stay at Swiss-Inn, Batam.

I do apologize for your inconvenience experience regarding your room condition, level of cleanliness and in room facilities during your recent stay. We assure you that this is not the usual standard of service we would like to give to our guest. This problem has been noted and passed on to the manager concerned to avoid similar problem in the future. In the same time, we are doing improvement on our in room facilities including TV channel and amenities. I would like to suggest you to stay in our deluxe or executive room with bigger room and new re-furnish. We do hope that your next stay will be even more enjoyable.

Once again we do appreciate receiving your feedback as it is enable us to continue our improvement efforts. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Swiss-Inn, Batam.