“Enjoyable stay”

Grands I Hotel
Ranked #10 of 98 Hotels in Batam
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Decent looking 4 star hotel. Nice environment with good facilities. Nice large gym, bar and spa. Little small pool but with another jaccuzi pool. Rooms were good and decent.

Breakfast was ok with a variety of Chinese, Indonesian and Japanese food.

The hotel is within 5 minutes walk to Nagoya shopping mall. You need not take a taxi.

The negative part is tht you are only given one key card which is needed to press the lift button to your room level (security measure). The hotel allows smoking everywhere which may not be pleasant for those who dislikes smoke.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank LeginSingapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Staying 2D1N comes with a series of disappointment: choked toilet bowl at past midnight, late delivery of extra bed for at least 2 hrs, unadjustable air con and more patience needed to open the room door.Leaving behind bad memories....but to thank God that one of our connecting rooms weathered us through...Not even worth to be our choice again.

• Stayed November 2010
2 Thank PaleLook
Scheveningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Perfect for us. The hotel is not too big or too small. Facilities are sufficient, with a nice pool and gymnasium.
The room is clean, quiet and good for relaxation. At the same time, being right next to Nagoya hill, is an advantage if you decide to go shopping.
For something more local and cheaper things, a walking distance away brings you to "Jodoh" where the locals shop and do their daily marketing.
Overall, a pleasant stay. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2010

overall, this hotel is the best at Batam, i would recommend to all of you to stay with this hotel. Shopping ctr nearby, walking distance, Nagoya Hill.

• Stayed November 2010
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stayed in I Hotel in april. It was a 3 days 2 night stay. The hotel may be a little far from the jetty but overall it was a pleasant stay for me.The check in processes may be a little bit slow but the staff were friendly and they even wished me happy birthday upon knowing that day was my actual birthday. During the waiting, the hotel staff passed me a temp pass card so that we can head out for a walk while they ere still processing my check in. The room was clean and well maintained. The scenery from my room was nice. The hotel was located within walking distances to Nangoya shopping center. I loved the breakfast buffet that were being served at the restaurant. There were many varieties for us to choose. Free jaccuzi, sauna and wireless internet for hotel guests too..

Keep up the good work I Hotel.. I will definitely go back there again if I have the chance..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank ZQE
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Went to stay in this hotel over the hari raya weekend and booked 4 deluxe rooms after reading the good reviews from this site. We were there with 9 adults and 1 child. The hotel was nice, new, clean, and luxurious. We enjoyed our stay there with the friendly staff, good location and nice jacuzzi. However there are still some things that can be improved.
1. The hotel ran out of extra beds to add to 1 room, we reached there around 4pm, and we had to take 1 extra room for just 1 person. Be there early to get extra beds or arrange with them before you check in.
2. Reception for some of the tv channels were poor with noise, and only flat screen CRT was provided (not LCD). Channel selection was good with over 20 channels.
3. Breakfast tasted good with wide variety, but refills were slow. Some of the foods were gone and not refilled if you go down after 9am. The dirty dishes also won't get cleared until after you're gone.
4. The shortcut walk path to Nagoya Hill shopping mall is gone, with construction going on. So if you take the hotel shuttle car ride there it costs around S$6 for a 1-min ride. Too expensive even for Singapore standards.
5. The hotel charge rate is listed as USD$86 per deluxe room. Booking from their website requires 10% deposit which is USD$8.60 per room. When settling the checkout bill, they will charge either SGD$109 or Rupiah 735750. I got an exchange rate of 6555 rupiah to 1SGD. So paying in SGD is actually cheaper but I paid in rupiah because I changed too much money and wanted to use up everything. So in total it costs USD $8.60+ Rupiah 735750, around SGD$125, which is more than the listed price of USD$86 per day. Advice is to try to settle everything in USD which probably is cheaper going by the exchange rate now.
6. There is no shower head in the bathroom so if you have a small kid it's tougher trying to bath them with the mounted shower rose. The bathtub was big and clean though.
7. Gym was closed for renovation. Pity.
8. We were only given 1 key card per room, we could have done better with 1 more.

Some good points:
Comfortable bed, soft yet firm pillows, 2 large 1.5 litre bottles of free mineral water. All toiletries provided, toothbrush, razor, bath soap, shampoo, bar soap, plus many others. The slippers provided were new and had a thicker base which helps ensure your feet don't get wet when you're in the toilet.
Helpful, honest and friendly staff. My wife left her handbag in the restaurant which they found and returned to us when we tried to look for it. I would go back again to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank SingaporeWolverine
los angeles
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Most of this hotel’s qualities have already been reviewed. I just feel the value for your $ is so outstanding. In Singapore you'd be paying 5-6x the price for such a nice room as I had (deluxe) with a beautiful view of a suburban hillside. Internet is free and really good speed. You can avoid the dreaded ripoff taxis for your entire stay as not only the famed Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre but the whole town is accessible on foot. The service is efficient. When you call for anything it arrives within 5 minutes. And the staff are really pleasant and polite. No attitude at all and they’re not stressed out as hotel staff can sometimes be. There is plenty of space to put your stuff, the luggage rack is in a sensible painless place. The clothes closet has air vents so you can close the doors without getting your clothes all musty. Very nice touch. The water pressure is insane and you can see yourself as you shower. How’s that for hedonistic ingenuity? OK. That’s enough. Do stay here.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo