“OUtstanding place”
Review of Grands I Hotel

Grands I Hotel
Ranked #8 of 105 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Most of this hotel’s qualities have already been reviewed. I just feel the value for your $ is so outstanding. In Singapore you'd be paying 5-6x the price for such a nice room as I had (deluxe) with a beautiful view of a suburban hillside. Internet is free and really good speed. You can avoid the dreaded ripoff taxis for your entire stay as not only the famed Nagoya Hill Shopping Centre but the whole town is accessible on foot. The service is efficient. When you call for anything it arrives within 5 minutes. And the staff are really pleasant and polite. No attitude at all and they’re not stressed out as hotel staff can sometimes be. There is plenty of space to put your stuff, the luggage rack is in a sensible painless place. The clothes closet has air vents so you can close the doors without getting your clothes all musty. Very nice touch. The water pressure is insane and you can see yourself as you shower. How’s that for hedonistic ingenuity? OK. That’s enough. Do stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank taoben

Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is my 2nd time staying at I hotel. I find that this time round the service not that gd. On the 2nd day of room cleaning, they did not top up the toliet roll even we finished using. No floor mat in the toliet (1st day have). The floor will be wet after you bath so you will need 1 esp you got kids.
We actually request for pick up from the ferry termial to hotel but the pick up did not turn up. When i called them, they ask me to wait for 10min. So we have take a cab to the hotel. So no point request for pick up. On the return trip, we paid 40k at the hotel taxi counter then upon reaching the driver told us we need to pay another 2k for the carpark. They should have told us we will need to pay another 2k at the hotel taxi counter. We feel a bit cheated.
They use to have a shortcut to Nagoya mall but now not anymore cos they seems to have another building coming up.
At this point, there are still a lot of shops still not open at Harbour bay shopping mall. So no point going there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I just return from a 1 night stay at iHotel.

Front desk: Very polite and helpful. Check-in/out was a breeze. English speaking.

Rooms: Clean sheets, TV with a huge selection of channels.

Nearby amenities:
10 min walk from Nagoya Hill shopping centre (hypermart, matahari dept store, a&w, Jco, massage place just opposite the street).
Hotel tranfers was relatively reasonable - mini van for max 10 pax (from batam centre to hotel - 100k ruppiah, approx SGD 15-16), to harbourbay (70k rupiah) one way.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2010

First, the hotel is just besides Nagoya. This is important to shopaholics! We prob need 1 full day at Nagoya. :) The beds are soft. [I slept for 8 hours] The bathroom has a bathtub. My superior room is big enough for me and my friend. I had a difficult time booking the twin bed superior room as there are only 4 such rooms.

Second, the complimentary breakfast is good! There is cantonese style chicken porridge, fried rice, pasta, fried udon, korean gyoden, bread, toasts, jams, sausages (not the cheapo hotdogs), fruits, orange juice, cakes and coffee and tea. A very varied breakfast for its guests. The restaurant staff check on their food to ensure that food is warm. The waitress serving coffee/tea goes around periodically too.

Thirdly, service is always with a smile. I encountered some problems with my access cards and the counter manager was prompt in her service.

Overall, I enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Attentive and polite staff and they are able to converse in English which makes everything else easy and smooth.
Room is spotless clean and spacious with complimentary toiletries and good hairdryer.
Bed and sheets are good but have to say bolster that is placed in the cupboard has to be replace coz yellow stain on the ends. Stayed in Jakarta,Bandung and often Bali,i personally find Batam hotel expensive but having said, its worth staying in this hotel.
Like it as it is modern,really clean.I was fortunate to have stayed in a room next to biz travellers so was spared the noise from noisy guest.Best of all just a stone throw away from Nagoya Hill Centre.
Spa was alright.
Will definately go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Basically, I'm not not fussy person regarding food & lodging. I can say that I'm 99% satisfied with the hotel room and the staffs.
Everyone of them are so polite and courteous towards the guests. The room is clean, spacious (superior room), and have almost all basic needs of our daily stay. Things like shaver & cream, comb, toothbrush & toothpaste, soap, bathing gel, shampoo, shower cap, tea bag, instant coffee powder, sugar, creamer, hot water boiler, hair dryer, wired internet in room, etc.
Location is very near to Nagoya Hill Mall which is within 10mins of walking distance. I did not try the food in hotel by room service but the breakfast is quite good.
The only 1% that I did not added to make it 100% is the sound proofing between your room and your neighbor. It is due to the access door between the 2 rooms. If your neighbor on their TV to a loud volume or having a in-room party, you can hear it quite clear but not so loud to a certain extend which can affect your sleep. (I think... :p)
So, great! The hotel looks classy, staffs well-trained with very good attitude, cosy room. Its a very good hotel to me and most probably I'll choose I Hotel again if I'm to travel to the same location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2010

It is a hotel which is located near a shopping complex. The hotel provided shuttle service to the shopping complex during weekends or holiday. Even if need to, the shopping complex is just 10 minutes walking distance. The shopping complex provided all sort of things to buy, and also variety of food.
I Hotel is very clean, with a cosy room. Even though the hotel staff are not as friendly as those found in other Batam's resorts, they are still quite helpful.
The breakfast provided by the hotel has not much variety to choose from. But the other facilities such as jacuzzi and swimming pool is quite good. It is especially the gym, there are so many types of different fitness equipment.
As a hotel which consider a resting place, it certainly a good option. But if you are hoping for other activities in the hotel, it may not be that suitable.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple