“Love it - close to the mall + clean and modern room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand I Hotel

Grand I Hotel
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Batam
Punggol Estate, null, Singapore
“Love it - close to the mall + clean and modern room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We went for a quick getaway - to really get away from the hustle-bustle of life plus a short babymoon trip!

We couldn't have picked a better place for our virgin Batam trip. Location from the port to iHotel took approximately 20 minutes, and it was a nice ride for we were able to pass by the village streets and other hotels.

Upon reaching, we were served welcome drinks at the grand dazzling lobby, and were quickly checked-in to our humongous room with a balcony with a huge bed and a recliner. We had a bathtub and although toilet was a bit small, it was nothing short of our expectation. We had a jacuzzi and a swimming pool by our balcony and that was amazing!

We hurriedly changed and walked towards the Nagoya Mall, which was only 3-5 minute walk and within view of the hotel, and the backyard of the hotel was in the midst of landscaping and I can't wait to come back and see how they progressed! I don't mind coming back here at all, in fact, i will definitely be coming back here very soon!

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room - very spacious and upgrade cost was very minimal to standard rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

I came to Batam for a week training. I was looking for a quiet place but close to the city central and found this hotel. Its a nice place with fair price and I got all things expected, like swiming pool, gym and cafe. The good thing is that they got connecting back door to a mall, next to street food stalls. Its not far from the port either if you just want to hop on to the boat for Singapore trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Spent 2 nights in this hotel for business trip. The hotel is tightened with thorough security check. From entering the hotel area, your vehicle must be screened. At the main entrance, there is a metal detector to screen through the guests. And you need to touch your room card to access the elevator.

The check in was smooth and quick. The front desk lady greeted me with warm smiles and she was friendly and helpful. When i reached my room, the room key card was not able to open the door. I have to go down to the reception and request for help. Then there was a staff helping me to reset the door handle.

I booked a deluxe room. The room was spacious but dated. The non-smoking room was filled with musty smell, which really is a negative point for a business hotel. And what a surprise was, you get a CRT TV in a business hotel. This is really a surprise to me as i was told that the hotel just opened 3 years ago.

The breakfast has limited of choice and the food quality was decent. The coffee is the worst quality that I have ever had throughout all the stay in other business trip. Though the Nagoya Hill mall is within walking distance, but you have to be careful as there is partial road that you have to walk at the side of main road, no pedestrian walkway.

There are quite variety of TV channels other than Indonesia channel. Which is a plus point. And the minibar is complementary with Carlsberg provided.

This hotel still has room for improvement if comparing to other business hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hengor
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

As compared to Harris Resort, this is a much better hotel. 5 mins walking distance to Nagoya mall. Great service and breakfast is surprisingly good. The only minus point is the musty smell of the room. Although we had requested for a non-smoking room, it was still very musty. Our child had a mild asthma attack during the stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Chrislyps
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. The hotel looks quite new and the checkin was smooth. very huge rooms and very clean. Best of all it is near Nagoya hill shopping mall linked by a quiet pathway. We ate in the hotel restaurant and the food was great n worth the money spent. The staffs were polite and willing to help. Will stay here again if we are coming to batam again.

• Stayed June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Loved the fact that it's a 2 min walk to Nagoya Hill Mall.
Rooms are spacious. Bathtub in every room. Smoking rooms available.
Staff are very friendly and helpful!
Didn't go for the breakfast but heard from my friends who went that the spread was good.
It was my first time in Batam and I Hotel, will definitely book to stay there again!

Room Tip: Be specific for a smoking room if you are a smoker like me.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We were initially disappointed that some of our choice hotels were fully booked so we came to I Hotel based on some decent reviews from TripAd. We were pleasantly impressed with the service of the Bell Boys whom we relied to give us ideas of where to bring our 2 young boys. We were recommended to go to "Ocarina Park" and our boys really enjoyed playing at the park. Thanks to the bell boys! Next, we had an early check in at 10am which surprises us that the room was prepared quickly for us in an hour's time. We found the deluxe room very spacious and the toilet very clean. Only the pillows had a smell which we didn't like. But we asked for a change and housekeeping changed for us. Breakfast was good with a decent spread. Nice tables settings esp nearest to the glass panels. At night, we were entertained by the Hotel's Guest Relations Officer, Merry, who impressed us with her beautiful and powerful voice at the Chilli Lounge. She really can sing Whitney Houston's songs very well. We were very impressed. We enjoyed the little chat with her. She made us felt at home. Good job Merry!! We will be back with our families the next time we visit Batam!

• Stayed June 2014