New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #14 of 94 Hotels in Batam
Singapore
“It was OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Positive aspects: Excellent location. Efficient & friendly service. Breakfast selection was reasonable (fried udon noodles, teochew porridge and dessert kuehs were good). The concierge helped to call for metered taxis (I much prefer metered taxis).

It will be good if the hotel provides an additional vanity set & an additional pair of bathroom slippers for the double room. They provided only one set for the double room.

Bad experience with Devata Spa: We arrived in the morning to make reservations for a 250min spa package at 4pm but was told they were fully booked at 4pm and they offered us 3pm. We were then told to arrive 10-15 mins earlier so that they can prepare us for the spa. When we arrived at 2.45pm, we were told that the spa therapists had not arrived and they had to postpone our spa to 4.30pm. By then, we had made dinner reservations and 4.30pm was too late. They made a few calls and informed us that the therapists were on their way. My husband and I were brought to the room to change at 3.30pm. At 3.50pm, there was still no sign of the therapists and my husband went out to check. We were told again that the therapists were on their way. They finally arrived at slightly past 4pm. (If they had agreed to our initial request to have the spa at 4pm, we could have made better use of the 1 odd hour?) After the spa ended, we went back to our room and it was then that we realised it was only 5.30pm. If we had started a 250min spa at 4pm, it should have ended at 6.30pm? We went back and found out that they logged the time as 3.30pm to 5.30pm. They acknowledged the mistake in the duration of the spa but insisted that we started at 3.30pm. They explained that we brought in at 3.30pm and the time between 3.30pm till the therapists arrived at 4pm+ was to "prepare us for the spa". They then offered to provide "free" 30 mins massage but price reduction was not an option. As for the spa experience, the room was run-down and the towels were dirty (had to request for a change). The Indonesian-style massage was average (for husband) and below average (for me). Never again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank mapleleaf2727

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. Me and my husband went there during Chinese New Year. It is a near Nagoya Hills, walking distance. Good service and friendly staff. Full details in my blog http://littlemisshoney.com/batam-trip/

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LittleMissHoney1979
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

My first time here for business trip. The superior king room is spacious but the interiors are old. Don't feel comfy about it. The good thing is walking distance to the nearby mall, varities of coffee / food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank LTym
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Friendly hotel staffs. Check in/out was fast. Breakfast was ok. Generous spread though.room smell very old. But was clean.
Just a reminder: make sure at the immigration u refrain from using your hp. They will make u look like a criminal.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jijikang
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

It was the first time stay over in this hotel for business. The environment was nice, clean, and seems many guests are stay for business. We also rent one meeting room with capacity for 15 pax. The facilities were good and complete.
The other important thing to me and my business partners was the location. It is located in main street and very close to big mall which gave us alternatives to had dinner or even just for windows shopping. It was foot street from backside of hotel toward to the mall.

Room Tip: It is luck if you can choose room not facing soccer field
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Bayu70
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

We had to take a taxi to iHotel from the ferry terminal Rg80K for 5 pax.
The check in was efficient, while waiting we had a refreshing drink at the lobby.
The room was spacious with king size bed. The toiletries provided in the bathroom is quite premium looking. I'm impressed with the bolster provided, never seen bolster provided by other hotels before.

Breakfast is so-so, there is no freshly baked bread rolls, only conventional slice bread.
The walk to the Nagoya mall is a short 5 mins. So with that, we can have access to shopping, massage, hair salon, wavemaster ferry shop, money changer, restaurants, supermarket all in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dotnah
Regensburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Ihotel has consistent service level, a good breakfast buffet, very fast and reliable internet, friendly staff and is my favorite business hotel on the island. Rooms on the pool/street side tend to be louder, rooms in the back right side are best.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business