“Relaxing stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 96 Hotels in Batam
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Relaxing stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Location, cleaniness, services, breakfast, swimming pool, gym, jacuzzi all ok.

Sound proof, pillows not so ok.

Walking distance to nagoya shopping mall. The pathway located next to the hotel which leads to Nagoya Malll will close at 12 midnight. Please be careful when crossing the roads as vechicles do not necessarily give way to those crossing at the predestrin crossings.

Room Tip: Swimming pool and gym are located on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank theng820

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

My friend recommended me to this hotel at Batam. I must said no regret as I brought my family
members a total of 8 including myself and they enjoyed their stayed from 15-16 Jun 2013.
With est. 3 mins walk from the hotel to Nagoya Hill Mall is really smooth with bamboos tree at the side if it is both side it will be good to prevent the heat & the sun.
Everything were so excellent including the check in all the way to the check out.
The breakfast were good unfortunately don't seem to see any topping up especially the ToFu (beancurd) ,soya bean drink and the bread section. Didn't get to try this while waiting & thought there might be some topping up but it never happen.
If the nasi lemak section come with the chilli will be perfect.
My breakfast were somewhat interrupted by two smokers spoiling my mood with their heavy
smoking at the breakfast table. My clothes full of cigarettes smelled.
It will be good to have the whole place & the lobby showing non smoking sign to keep the
environment a healthy place to stay & enjoy since it is all air-conditioned area.
Will definitely come back again.
Charlene

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Charlene8115
Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

great location! pathway to nagoya hill mall... the gate is opened till 12am. me and my friend, 2 girls walking back from nagoya back to hotel at 11pm and it is quite safe. room service food and breakfast were so-so.. great hotel except the doors are not sound proof.. can hear ppl walking and talking at the corridors.. and pillows were quite lousy... other than that, i will still go back ihotel as the location is convenient for shopping and near spa secret as well!

Room Tip: get corner rooms so you won't hear ppl running or talking at the corridor..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank purplebanana08
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I went to have a stay at Ihotel on the 7th June. Having read it from tripadvisor & hearing so many positive comments to it & it being ranked 3rd.

I rch there at 12noon. Was quite satisfied on the way they handle the check in. The security was pretty tight which I liked. As they do not have a smoking room available it's fine. They told me to return at 2pm.

Upon returning at 2pm I was able to check in. Room they given me was the highest floor. Which I like as its will be less closer to noise pollution. The moment I open up the room door the 1st thing struck my mind is what is this. The mattress & pillow was so thin. Room furnishing looks so old.

Breakfast I had prepared myself for it as alot of ppl mentioned that the range was not a wide spread. But I was atonished that it was so so so little choice. Spaghetti for breakfast? Omg!

The swimming pool the moment I look down fr the room. I don't even want to waste my time checking it out. It was so cramped.

Room service. I made an order at ard 11pm lasagna, fish & chip & drumstick. It came 1.15hr later. Which I was starving alr. The fish & chip was cold. The drumstick was cold. Only the lasagna still can pass. The other 2 we practically didn't eat at all. 2nd day I order ice-cream sundae the ice-cream served to me was melted in my face!

Alot of issues with communication. They can't understand what u want. I really hope they can improve it.

Given their location & security plus points they should even make full use of these to make even a better staying experience to the guest.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EnigmaToni
singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had been to batam numerous times but always stayed at either Harris or Holiday Inn. This time round me and hubby decided to stay at iHotel as it is located just behind Nagoya mall thus easy shopping and eating for us. Check in was relatively easy. Nothing much to rave about the room. Breakfast variety was so so and service was slow in clearing the eaten plates. Will most prob chose back Holiday Inn if i intend to go Batam for a short trip!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was staying 2 nights in this hotel for business trip.
Overall the room was comfortable, neat and clean.
The hotel was just behind Nagoya shopping mall..
Food was tasty.. Definitely will come back again if I visit Batam..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DesiJulinasari
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Arrived late on a Friday night, checked in was pretty slow as I expected it to be more quicker as they should be expecting a group of us coming during that time of the night. Nevertheless we have a lovely room and it was facing the main road which overlook the mountain and local housing. As mentioned by many, it is located very near to Nagoya Hill Shopping Complex, probably just 5 mins walk away and you would also discover a spa called 'Everyday'. Service is good, and we had the foot massage and it was great! The room is clean with basic amenities, though the bath towels are kind of old and stained. The pool look very tempting and they have a Jacuzzi too. Would definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends