“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #12 of 99 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We booked 3 Deluxe rooms via their website(www.ihotelbatam.com) for 2 nights on 23-25 Oct 2011. As requested by us (6 adults and 2 young kids), they gave us the rooms next to each other.

On top of the reviews and suggestions given by all Tripadvisors, we would like to add the followings:-
(1) A deposit is required during check-in. It can be paid by cash or credit card.
(2) Their Deluxe Rooms do not have twin or separate beds. They come with a King-sized bed.(3) Non-smoking rooms are available on 6 and 7 floors only.
(4) There is a shortcut at the back of Hotel. It is a newly-constructed concrete pavement. Just a 3-min walk from here to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.
(5) No complimentary hotel transfer. 10-min Drive from Batam Centre Ferry Terminal to the hotel.
(6) No Handheld Shower for showering young children.

We had a pleasant stay and this Hotel is recommended if you like shopping at Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool view. Ask hotel staff to show you the shortcut to Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank ChoaCK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed for a night.awesome. Clean & cosy rooms. Bellboy & guards friendly, a few receptionist are friendly. Security checks for safety. Overall, worth the money & awesome stay here! Keep up! I'll return for sure! :)

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank Jooleeyanaa
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

I was there from 18th-19th Sept and was impressed with the excellent service from the front desk staff who lived up to the "Service with a Smile". It was my first time at this hotel, and was initially afraid of the smokey ambience as read previously in other reviews here, but was relieved my worries were unfounded.

Was particularly impressed with the birthday cake I ordered for my boy friend. It was so nicely made, although the one we chose was "normal" chocolate flavour (it was generously decorated with grapes, cherries, peach slices) and it was so huge, (that was the smallest available size at the hotel) and is definitely much more worth than buying from shopping malls as it's freshly made by the hotel chef upon request :)

Was particularly impressed with the clean bathrooms. No mould spotted.

The minor downsides were the dull musky air upon entering the room. And a stain was seen on the bedsheet. Next feedback might not be directly related to the hotel, but the back connecting pathway from the hotel to the nearby Nagoya Hill Shopping Mall, there's a slope that is extremely slippery during wet weather. My boyfriend slipped and fell on his butt. Luckily he wasn't hurt. I hope the relevant authorities will look into the safetyness of this slippery slope pavement as this is the only shortcut to the shopping mall and one definitely will need to walk past this slope.

Once again, thanks for the pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2011
4 Thank YP_0911
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

i have stayed here many times and always find the hotel perfectly suited for a business traveller but also very good for when I bring the family along. Breakfast is so-so but better than most in Batam. Rooms are comfortable. Beds and pillows really made to sleep on!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank stevenbkk
Melaka, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

The fact that I Hotel constantly gets some of the best reviews among Batam hotels makes you wonder about the general quality of accomodation in this island.

I find the overall experience of staying in this hotel mundane. This is a characterless hotel popular because it is new, clean and next to Nagoya Hill mall.

There is nothing wrong with the room and the public area but it is like your arevage 3 star hotels in this region and paying S$140 is not worth it. Buffet breakfast is however bad. The look and taste of most stuffs were not good that I did not go for second round which is rare as I love heavy breakfast.

Swimming pool is rather small and the gym was not well ventilated when I was there.

I would not stay there again if I have to pay over USD100.

One bright spot is the local lady singer in the piana lounge is very good and worth having a drink for at night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel twice so far. Nice clean and spacious room. Restaurant has reasonable buffet spread for breakfast. Very close to Nagoya shopping centre and hotel provides shuttle if you don't feel like walking. Free wifi available at lobby and 1st floor. If you want so good sleep you need to ask for floors above 5th so that you don't get too much noise from the music at night. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed in this hotel over the weekend with my family. There is a security check before our vehical enters the hotel compound. After alighting us at the main lobby, we have to go thru another round of scanning before we can enter the hotel lobby. The i Hotel looks rather new and spacious. Check in was fast as we have already made our resevation over the internet. Our room was located at the 9th floor. We need the room card key to access the elevator to our floor.

The room was spacious but upon entering, there seems to be a strong smell which lingers for about an hour after turing on the air-condition. Our room overlooks the swimming pool and the low lying houses opposite. The TV channels were sufficient and with good mix of local, Singapore and International Channels.

We decided to go shopping at the Nayoga Hill Shopping Centre which was just behind the hotel. It was raining that day and we were surprised that the hotel staff walked us with his umbralla to the shopping centre which is less than 5 mins away.

We had our dinner, Karaoka and shopping done at Nagoya and returned to our hotel at about 9pm. Although it was a little dark, what really impress us was there was a security staff station at the back of the hotel just beside the shopping centre. It gives us the added security as it was rather dark when I return with my wife and young daughter.

The breakfast was good with a good mix of japaness, local and international mix. Overall the hotel meets our expectation as it is so near the shopping centre and we don't need to bargin and get rip off by the taxi which does not run on meters. I would recommend this hotel for family and those that love shopping.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family