“Perfect for business”
Review of Grands I Hotel

Grands I Hotel
Ranked #10 of 101 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed September 14, 2011

i have stayed here many times and always find the hotel perfectly suited for a business traveller but also very good for when I bring the family along. Breakfast is so-so but better than most in Batam. Rooms are comfortable. Beds and pillows really made to sleep on!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank stevenbkk

Reviewed September 13, 2011

The fact that I Hotel constantly gets some of the best reviews among Batam hotels makes you wonder about the general quality of accomodation in this island.

I find the overall experience of staying in this hotel mundane. This is a characterless hotel popular because it is new, clean and next to Nagoya Hill mall.

There is nothing wrong with the room and the public area but it is like your arevage 3 star hotels in this region and paying S$140 is not worth it. Buffet breakfast is however bad. The look and taste of most stuffs were not good that I did not go for second round which is rare as I love heavy breakfast.

Swimming pool is rather small and the gym was not well ventilated when I was there.

I would not stay there again if I have to pay over USD100.

One bright spot is the local lady singer in the piana lounge is very good and worth having a drink for at night.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel twice so far. Nice clean and spacious room. Restaurant has reasonable buffet spread for breakfast. Very close to Nagoya shopping centre and hotel provides shuttle if you don't feel like walking. Free wifi available at lobby and 1st floor. If you want so good sleep you need to ask for floors above 5th so that you don't get too much noise from the music at night. Staff were friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed in this hotel over the weekend with my family. There is a security check before our vehical enters the hotel compound. After alighting us at the main lobby, we have to go thru another round of scanning before we can enter the hotel lobby. The i Hotel looks rather new and spacious. Check in was fast as we have already made our resevation over the internet. Our room was located at the 9th floor. We need the room card key to access the elevator to our floor.

The room was spacious but upon entering, there seems to be a strong smell which lingers for about an hour after turing on the air-condition. Our room overlooks the swimming pool and the low lying houses opposite. The TV channels were sufficient and with good mix of local, Singapore and International Channels.

We decided to go shopping at the Nayoga Hill Shopping Centre which was just behind the hotel. It was raining that day and we were surprised that the hotel staff walked us with his umbralla to the shopping centre which is less than 5 mins away.

We had our dinner, Karaoka and shopping done at Nagoya and returned to our hotel at about 9pm. Although it was a little dark, what really impress us was there was a security staff station at the back of the hotel just beside the shopping centre. It gives us the added security as it was rather dark when I return with my wife and young daughter.

The breakfast was good with a good mix of japaness, local and international mix. Overall the hotel meets our expectation as it is so near the shopping centre and we don't need to bargin and get rip off by the taxi which does not run on meters. I would recommend this hotel for family and those that love shopping.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank VinceVW
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I went back to I Hotel once again with my classmates due to the service and quality of the hotel provided. We were on a 3D2N stay and the check in of the hotel was swift and prompt.

The stuff was friendly and helpful and there was a choice of a smoking and non-smoking room. As usual there is a deposit, the room service and food was of high quality and worth the money.

The room was well kept and it as also high speed internet connection!

Breakfast was served at the restaurant and on the first day there is a wide choice but on the second day the quality of the food had dropped probably it is due to the independence day.

There was also a swimming pool, gym and aerobics room where a locker was allocated upon request. Towels were also provided.

The location was next to nagoya shopping center! Overall it was a nice experience for us!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I hotel is situated right next to shopping mall. there is a newly constructed path from the hotel to the mall. breakfast spread was decent- porridge, noodles, eggs, cereal, waffles, bread, fruits, mini sausages. the bathrooms were very nice, clean and modern. only downside was that room faced the back and it was a little bit noisy at night because the staff motorcycle park was just below our window.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RCM123
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Given it is so close to Nagoya Hill shopping that it is only 5 mins walk to there and there is walkway at the back of the hotel shorten the walk to Nagoya hill and it is quite well lit that you do not have to worry about coming back when dark. Added touch was there was a guard station there.
Service is good and breakfast though not as well spread as Holiday Inn Batam it is still reasonably okay.
Would stay there the next round.
Spa at the hotel though slightly higher is price, it is well worth the money for its ambience and service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple