“Tempat Senang”

Tempat Senang Resort
Ranked #1 of 98 Hotels in Batam
“Tempat Senang”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful, beautiful setting, great spa treatments, trip over was effortless (by ferry) and picked up and dropped off on time. Food was very good, as well. The setting was very quiet. Lovely, green surroundings.

Room Tip: All the rooms were very nicely decorated (from what we could see) There were no surprises. All info...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Tempat Senang is a small spa resort with 14 theme room. The staff were friendly and helpful, especially Martha. They are able to provide information and help make arrangement for us. The spa treatments were excellent too. One can relax in one of the 2 pools, play pool, watch movies or play xbox games within the resort. Do note that they do not allow food in the room for a good reason. The restaurant closes at 7.30pm. Engaged a taxi for 3 hours for S$22 to go for a seafood meal or shop at the shopping mall.

Room Tip: The neartest jetty is Sekupang International Ferry Terminal. The resort do have pick up service.
1 Thank davidx71
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I and my hushand have spent a couple of exiting days in full relaxation at the Botique Resort
at Tempat Senang on the Island of Batam and would like to share with you our consideration and impression of our stay that was just perfect from the time we arrived up to our departure.
Our stay went without a hitch and love our tree bedroom accommodation. The bed is hanging and does move slightly, so if you are prone to motion sickness, it might not work out for you. We loved it and slept like babies. The grounds of this boutique resort is what we have enjoyed most, real lush tropical environment perfect for the for the much needed relaxation and meditation with the sound the sound of running water everywhere. In this type of environment you can occasionally see a frog or a gecko but it is all natural and harmless and we quite enjoyed it. The staff are all exceptional, starting from the friendly driver, that picked us up at the Ferry Terminal and welcomes us to Batam Island. The office staff went out of their way to help us make our stay , pleasant, accommodating making us feel at home. The F/B was delicious and the portions were generous. The Spa staff all warrants a special praise, they are well trained, very professional, well mannered and polite. All of our treatments were excellent. I choose (bamboo massage, facial and hair treatment) my husband (bamboo massage, scrub and ear cleaning. We than decided to have a second section the next day before leaving for Singapore. We have promised to be back again one day.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My friend and I just got back from an overnight stay at the Tempat Senang Resort Spa, it was very easy to get to from Singapore, we stayed in the Bali room which was in fact a good choice, good size room and as its close to the reception area we had Wifi in the room (if at all needed).

Our spa treatments where great, I recommend the Hair/Head Spa, massages, pressure massage and salt scrub which where all fantastic , I wouldn't choose the reflexology again as i think its better in Singapore plus reasonably priced in Singapore also, and i also wouldn't choose the mud wrap again (personal choice) , but the other treatments where fantastic.

The food wasn't that great but we didn't go for the food, the staff where all very nice and friendly.

Manage your expectations before you go - Do not expect a 5 star modern resort, think asian Rustic, and remember it is in the middle of the jungle and there are geckos and mosquitos, but they have these in Singapore also..

We would definitely go back it was very relaxing and great value.

Room Tip: we loved the bali room, good size - if you would like Wifi access in your room this picks up as it i...
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Talk about being the MOST OVERHYPED spas ever! I went through the bad and good reviews. The mgt seems to be so not open to criticism based on how they react to bad reviews. However, I still read through the good reviews and thought of giving them a shot.
Day spa - can! Overnight - NO CHANCE. Too many insects, lizards and we even spotted a garden snake! Startled! Plus outside seems so dangerous, no lights whatsoever and admin never warn me. They will deny it now, we are sure but they never once said do not step out. We stayed in tree top and the pictures looked so much better. Uncomfortable beds and size was not as promised. They are extremely overpriced, food options are too less, desserts were stale.
One good thing is, my wife enjoyed her spa. I did not. The lady who did my massage kept asking me if pressure was ok. When I say I want more, 3 mins she do ok and the back to her usual self. Wife also complained that she was left with wet hair after hair spa. We have had better experiences in Singapore. It is not worth the expenditure. Try day spa, avoid over night. Save you money as its NOT your money's worth. Too many hidden taxes and costs.
Lastly, the swimming pool is such a sad scene. It is not even a pool.

5 Thank SingaporeLah
jborschberg, Manager at Tempat Senang Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
We are sorry to hear you were so disappointed in our place and are disheartened to receive such a poor rating even though you still recommended people to visit our spa. We wish you had expressed your concerns during your visit so we could have assisted to make your stay more comfortable.

We try our very hardest every day of the year to please our guests and go out of our way where possible, but we are the first to admit that our place will not suit everyone. Nature is all around us and living so close to it is what most guests find so rewarding and specifically come here for. For those uncomfortable with a jungle setting and a secluded, boutique sized environment then please don't choose our place. Travelers have an abundance of choices in Batam that are not like us and may be better suited. We do everything we can to enhance and maintain this unique setting and offer people a quiet getaway from a busy city work life.

We are confused to what hidden taxes and costs you are referring to. In our correspondence we provide detailed information of all our rates, fees, tax rates, and service charges up front as well on our website which features photos of the pools, location and our menus. The size of the beds listed on our website are indeed the size of the actual beds, but travelers should be aware that a queen bed in Indonesia may be slightly different in size than a queen in, say, North America.

We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and we will endeavor to look at how we can explain our concept more clearly in our literature.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

It's difficult for me to recommend this place highly enough.

We decided at the last minute to go over from Singapore for a day spa. It was really easy to arrange and the staff at the resort helped us organise it. The whole day ran without a hitch. We were picked up at the ferry port and driven straight to the picturesque resort. We were given a run through of the day and helped to choose our treatments and then whisked off to a beautiful room to begin the day.

The therapists are extremely well trained, came across as incredibly professional, respectful and courteous and able to speak basic English as a minimum. If I had to recommend treatments I would put the hair spa and the reflexology as the top two from the ones I tried. Both of these take place in an open sided shelter so you get to enjoy the beautiful surroundings. It's so relaxing I really struggled to stay awake. I also had two massages, aromatherapy and lomi lomi and both were divine. The final two treatments were a facial and the pedicure. I had seen a previous review suggesting that the facial wasn't up to normal standards but mine was excellent and went above and beyond expectations including a thorough cleanse, exfoliate, steam, suction, mask and moisturising. My skin was in great condition afterwards. The pedicure was also great.

The products are worth a mention on their own. They don't get heavily marketed (barely more than a casual mention) which is great when you're there as you never want to feel like you're getting a heavy sales pitch. Don't miss out though as they are excellent. I bought a couple of scrubs, hair treatments and oils and have been really pleased with the results since I returned home. I wish I had got more because they are really well priced, smell amazing and get great results.

Lunch was delicious, you get to enjoy the view from the balcony over a selection of traditional Indonesian food. It's great to be able to sample a variety and it was all delicious. They also cater for special diet requirements.

Customer service is second to none and Martha is a wonderful host. All in all the day was absolutely wonderful. I left so relaxed I was practically in a coma and would highly recommend the place to anyone. I just wish I could have stayed. I really hope to be back one day.

1 Thank Jenscout
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We spent two days and one night at this lovely place and enjoyed every minute. The spa was awesome and the stuff especially Martha was really nice and helpful. The location is decorated with so much love and attention to detail and you should really try this great apple cake!! We will definitively come back to this little paradise.