“fantastic...... SPA place”

and 1 more site!
Tempat Senang Resort
Ranked #1 of 105 Hotels in Batam
Reviewed November 26, 2013

the SPA is fantastic beyond words (well, it has to be for the price we are paying in batam *wink*, i thnk it is still considered pricy)

the hotels rooms, are nice, comfy and cosy, just the blanket, somehow is really very 'warm', and had to sleep without it.... unless i swtich on freezing cold temperature on the air condition.

i purposely choose a 'couple' jacuzzi in the room, but the size of the jucuzzi, is not really for 'couple'. more like for single person. but i am sure this is my mistake, and that the rooms with the couple jacuzzi is taken.

one thing i dislike about this room location is that, its next to the 'pool', and that other travellers will keep walking pass the room, and hence you really have to drawn all curtain close to have privacy.

after 9pm, its really literally watch dvd only (best find the goods movies earlier before its taken up by other travellers.....)

the free shuttle bus service from the jetty is too excellent (especially for me whom is in batam for the first time)

1  Thank bioproeng

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is a fantastic place for you to unwind and get away from the busy city life. Right from the start, Martha had been very helpful. She would reply to my email promptly and tried as much as possible to answer my questions.

2 days before my arrival, I was surprised receiving an email from them giving me a short brief on what's the process like and what should I be expecting. This is really a nice gesture from their part and I really appreciate it.

After I arrived at the terminal, the driver was already outside waiting for me and I managed to reach the resort in a short amount of time. Once there, the staff was introducing the different types of spa treatments available and provide recommendation that best suit my needs. I chooses the Balinese massage, body scrub & ear candling. After the whole treatment, I feel heavenly and my body is completely relax.

The room is also kept wonderfully clean and I'm very amazed even though there's a forest right beside the resort, not much insect or mosquitos can be found in the room.

The food there also surprises me. Didn't expect it to taste so good. Definitely need to try their beer can chicken.

Good food, cozy room and wonderful spa. What more can I ask for? Definitely will return again soon!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recently stayed for a 3d/2n package in the Bali room. This is an ideal getaway for couples, with the resort tucked away at the end of a short road, set in beautiful, tropical gardens. There are Koi ponds and waterfalls and water features around some of the rooms, and the dining area and pool are set up on the second level of the hotel, so they have a view over the gardens and golf course (see other photos on TripAdvisor). It is very peaceful and quiet, and the staff are all lovely, friendly, and extremely gentle in their service - it reminded me very much of Bali.

Each of the rooms is beautifully decorated in the local style with various furnishings, beddings, statues and pictures to suit (e.g. Thai, Bali, Timor etc.). No two rooms are the same.

The spa treatment as part of the package was divine - 3 hours of pure bliss, and we enjoyed the chance to relax. As others note, there is perhaps "not much to do", but this is the place where you come to do exactly that - to switch off, unwind, and enjoy some peace and solitude in each other's company. Alternatively, the hotel can arrange a reputable taxi to take you to town for shopping or dining.

This is much more of a luxury, boutique experience than might be compared to say, a Four Seasons resort - hence, the dinner and drinks choices are indeed limited, and there aren't large pools or tennis courts, etc. - so it is up to you to decide which you prefer. However, in all our years of travels, this was far and away the best we have ever enjoyed, and we felt thoroughly pampered, relaxed and left in peace as we wished.

The other great advantage about Tempat Senang is its proximity to Singapore - just 45 minutes on the fast ferry, a few minutes to get through immigration once there, and a 10 minute car ride to the hotel (pick-up and drop-off included).

Room Tip: Bali room is quiet, romantic and has a very large bathroom with spa bath for two.
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This resort is very cozy , quiet and nice for a short break. From Singapore took about 45 minutes ferry ride and 10 minutes ride to the resort. The staff ( Miss Yuni) is very friendly and helpful , she ensure that our needs are met and she always put on a nice smile.

The massage was great, as for guys maybe you should choose Mr Romli as the masseur and his hands are powerful enough to get rid of all the pain in the body.

For the food at the restaurant, it simple, exotic and delicious. Recommended dishes, Nasi goreng , chicken sandwich, kaffir lime chicken and sticky date pudding. Mr Josnedi service at the restaurant is excellent. He is friendly and attention to detail. Love his services ...

Overall I will give 4 over 5 for this spa resort if you are looking for short getaway.

Room Tip: Choose a Japanese theme room with a Jacuzzi.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had a 3D2N getaway from Singapore- which included a 3 hr spa package for each of us.
Overall good stay with several pluses, some minuses.

Just to elaborate:

1. Room/ resort- we stayed in the thai room which was wonderful and spacious. It had wi-fii as well :) Had a huge bathroom with a bathtub ( no rain shower) and an adjacent room ( which we didn't use). Surrounded by lots of greenery, with the koi pond below and it was nice to wake up to the sounds of the waterfall in the pond and the rustling of the trees. Room was very relaxing. The Turkish fish spa was also an interesting add on although we didn't use it often. Resort was beautifully decorated in Balinese style surrounded by lots and lots of nature ( which of course includes mosquitoes, insects, lizards etc). Don't forget to bring your mosquito repellents! esp need them in the evenings.. the resort provides them in the common areas- reception, restaurant etc and they are also sold in their little souvenir shop.

2. Staff– very polite and friendly! Every single one of them!

3. Spa- hubby totally enjoyed all the massages and foot reflexology he went for. I liked the facial as well :)

4. Food- good variety on the menu, accomodating our vegetarian requests, but we were sadly not impressed when we had our dinner the 1 st night. We felt the dishes were rather spicy and lacked the flavour. They were also pricey. We went out ( resort helped us arranged a cab ) to harbour Bay Area the next night where we enjoyed our dinner. Breakfast- the usual, average western and Asian spread.

5. Entertainment - nothing much to do in the resort other than enjoying the spa, the pool and the surroundings. We just relaxed in the room surfing the net, reading books etc.. They also have a good collection of movies and they provide a thumb drive to copy your selected movies and watch in the room ( it has a DVD player). There is also a golf course next door and the resort staff can help arrange a visit for those who are interested.

Overall- an expensive, but enjoyable and relaxing stay !

Room Tip: We saw some of the other rooms that were vacant ( a friendly staff member showed us ard)- including...
3  Thank Vidj
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Tempat Senang is possibly the best weekend getaway I have ever been on. The service was excellent and all our needs were catered to. The spa and massages were one of the best I have ever had. If you need a place for a weekend retreat, this is the place.

Room Tip: Go for the suites
2  Thank Boscoboscobosco
Reviewed October 15, 2013

A beautiful little spot in Batam, with absolutely gorgeous rooms. My family I stayed in Borneo and Madura rooms, and both rooms totally rocked our worlds. Each room had its own distinct personality and just blew our minds. Kudos to the owner, Jasmine Borschberg, for such awesome room designs. Kudos also to Martha and Bustami and the rest of the staff at Tempat Senang, who made our stay at a beautiful place, just even more wonderful! I would definitely recommend all my friends to give this place a try. Especially thankful to Martha for her patience and amazingly prompt responses in replying to my countless emails asking all sorts of questions about Tempat Senang. Also thankful to Bustami, as his hospitable nature really showed through during our stay.

However regarding the massage, generally all four of us felt it was just "so-so", not sure if we were just unlucky in this department, as we came during a somewhat busy period. My parents even said they could do without the massage and body scrubs, and would love to just be able to have a few nights stay in this beautiful and peaceful place.

Others:
- Wifi access from Borneo and Madura was still quite strong and reasonably fast.
- They have a rather big collection of DVDs, but don't be expecting HD quality stuff.
- Didn't really like the Sprite chicken, it sure was tender and juicy but flavor wise lacked a bit of "oomph", as I prefer my chicken marinated with a little bit more spice and some heat(they should let us opt for a "spicy" chicken perhaps?)

Room Tip: Madura has such a lovely view of a golf course, sipping tea with such a view is quite an experience...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family