New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 90 Hotels in Batam
Bad Kreuznach, Germany
“Very Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

After a strenuous 24-hour trip from Germany I arrived with my girl friend at Tempat Senang. What a great place to wind down: The spa treatments were absolutely enjoyable and we felt like reborn. The food was excellent so that we probably gained a kilo or 2 before we left for Singapore. We greatly enjoyed our stay in the beautiful ocean-view suite and will certainly revisit Tempat Senang whenever the opportunity arises again.

Room Tip: I love the tree house.
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We spent a weekend getaway in Batam and stayed at the Tree House. Our stay was very relaxing and we enjoyed it a lot.
The spa treatment was great and the ambiance very welcoming and inviting. The restaurant offers nice food and we spent a romantic evening in the midst of their luscious green and Bali-inspired setting. The hanging bed in the Tree House is a very nice experience and we slept like babies ;-).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Villa de Mazo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Tempat Senang is only about 20 miles from Singapore but Galaxies apart in terms of ambience. The grounds are so lushly landscaped you feel like you are in a small paradise. Each room is decorated in a different ethnic theme. We chose the Madura Room which offers a great view and much privacy.
This is not a hotel with an outsourced spa, but a spa which is an integral part of the hotel and restaurant. All spa products are produced in-house from the finest ingredients available. We actually were able to participate in the making of soaps and creams which they also offer as a take-home souvenir in the spa shop. My favorite treatment were the Balinese massage and the foot massage, both of which you can have mild, medium or strong. You will be stunned by the power the petite spa girls have in their fingers and arms. I also liked the Boreh wrap which gives you a warm glow and make you smell like a spice cookie; so don’t be surprised if someone nibbles on you (alas, it washes off quickly).
All food on the menu is cooked freshly, no microwaved frozen or leftover stuff. The disadvantage, if you want to call it that, is that you have to order your feed well ahead of time to get some of their finest dishes. Their signature Beer Can Chicken, a must, takes almost 2 hours to prepare. Two persons are hard pushed to finish off a bird the size they offer. Another one of my favorites was the Balinese fish cooked on the grill in a banana leaf. The spice combination they use is superb, it was unmatched by any similar dish I ever had. If you feel like having something lighter for lunch, try the Soto Medan, a soup that is a meal in itself.
Nothing in this world is ever perfect. The weather was unfavorable but since Tempat Senang is not responsible for this and Trip Advisor does not offer a separate column, there is no need to rate it. Actually I enjoyed the sound of the rain drops hitting the roof tiles while I was being worked over in the spa.
Will I visit again? No doubt, if my life pace permits. If you are looking for the ultimate in romance, pampering and luxury where you can relax and unwind, this is definitely the place. It is not located across from a shopping mall, but if you are addicted to that experience, this is no problem: Taxis are quite cheap when they are organized by the hotel.

Room Tip: If you Book early you have a better Chance of getting the Suite of your Choice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ursula J
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I visited this truly amazing spa resort in Batam and enjoyed the professional spa and delicious food……so relaxed I feel asleep during the massage.
In only 45 minutes you can escape from the stress of Singapore. We went on the 8:30 BatamFast ferry and went back on the 17:10. It was a perfect day and the full day spa even included lunch, nothing can compare!!

1 Thank TungLiHua
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

From booking to check in to check out, Tempat Senang did not disappoint me a single bit. With 15 suites to choose from, I picked the Bali suite for a weekend retreat with my girlfriend. It was beautiful, surpassing my expectations. The highlight must have been the jacuzzi, fantastic! Then there's the three hours spa, where you can customise your own package, from different kinds of massage, scrubs and facials. The Hot Compress Massage was something different, special, and feels very good afterwards.

Lastly, the staff were all commendable for their efforts in making the guests feel valued. Bright smiles greeted me everywhere, and they made effort to make sure I enjoyed my stay. All in all, this is a great place for a weekend getaway, to spend with your loved one or small group of friends, albeit for a peaceful getaway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm a healer and teach Reiki worldwide. My assistant Dolly and I were seeking a wonderful place to stay and also conduct healing workshops in the future. We recently visited Tempat Senang, on the island of Batam, Indonesia.
I was amazed to see the amazing upgrades that have taken place. Tempat Senang not only fills my needs a a healing place of incredible serenity, it is a fantasy for anyone. You can literally pick among fifteen suites, all different and all spectacularly decorated. My favorites were the Javanese Joglo suite surrounded in teak, the Thai and Japanese Suites and sigh, the Borneo. Who needs to use up frequent flyer miles, when each room can take you on a journey of your own?
Combine this with eleven different kinds of massage and thirteen or so body scrubs and wraps and you may never want to leave. I certainly didn't.
The service is impeccable. The rooms and accoutrements are immaculate. I would recommend this place as its own Bali Hai, it's own Paradise Found. It is truly a rare occasion to find such a precious gem. I am recommending it to all the healers and travelers I know. It is the perfect place for small groups or as a peaceful getaway for anyone who has simply had it with the workaday world. Bravo Tempat Senang!

Room Tip: Use your imagination and pick what meets your fantasy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Tempat Senang does an excellent job of managing customer expectations. Pre, during and post booking, as well as check-in. Throughout our short holiday, we felt really pampered and taken care of. From spa, to dinner, to lounging around in our clean, spacious villa. This has got to be the best Batam property we have ever stayed at! Kudos to the management and team. Thank you for this memorable getaway, and we really look forward to another trip next year! :)

P.S. The buffet breakfast was a little disappointing... Hence a 4/5 rating. :) Suggest to switch the buffet menu to a more comprehensive set menu where guests can choose up to a certain number of items instead. : )

1 Thank dValH_way