Hi fellow TAs,
Just got back from Tempat Senang in Batam after a 3 night stay. I can't really add too much to what other reviewers have said, it is just a fantastic little place to stay and unwind.
All the staff members from management, to the Spa employees, to the kitchen staff, provide excellent, warm and friendly service which is so nice to encounter and will leave you wondering what the world would be like if only all businesses could provide this level of service.
A couple of minor issues:
The price of food. Although the food is very high quality, just be aware that you will pay over the odds for comparative Batam island prices. The hotel has pretty much got you as a captive market as there aren’t other eating choices in the immediate vicinity. However, compared to S’pore hotel prices I would say it was slightly cheaper. Again, we didn’t mind too much as the food was very good…..the beef rendang was some of the best I've had for a long time.
Also the mosquitoes were quite prevalent. Although the hotel does fog weekly (apparently) and also provide you with ample amounts of repellent (sprays available in your room and in common areas), my wife and I did manage to get bitten a couple of times. I also managed to kill 5 large mossies in a 15 minute period whilst reading outside by the pool. They were especially rife during the evening so cover yourself in repellent for dinner as the restaurant area is open to the elements.
There isn’t that much to do in the evening. The hotel does have a huge movie library but I felt there wasn’t much atmosphere in the place after the staff went home at 8pm. Of course part of the charm of the place is solitude, relaxation etc. but some board games or something would be a good idea rather than only having people retire to their rooms. There is a pool table which was a welcome distraction until the wife got bored after 5 mins.
Overall these little grievances are small when you consider what you’re letting yourself in for when you visit. The small touches are what set a great hotel apart from good hotel and there are no small amount of small touches in this place! Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tempat Senang is Batam's hidden oasis. Discover the lush gardens, Balinese architecture and romantic setting that makes it the perfect couples getaway. Full service spa and restaurant on site. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Tempat Senang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa And Restaurant
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant Hotel Batam
- Tempat Senang Luxury Hotel
- Tempat Senang Luxury Resort