“Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #1 of 98 Hotels in Batam
Queensland
“Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Having just returned back home to Australia I need to let people know that
TEMPAT SENANG RESORT IS A MUST!!!!!! My husband and I along with 4 friends made
the trip to the resort after a not so good cruise (Superstar Virgo ) and it was just what the Doctor ordered so to speak!!!! Where to start ??? Everything was first class from the treatments to the food and the service we received. So friendly was everyone and I was very sad to leave. I myself had 2 great Massages, facial, 2 brilliant Wraps and Reflexology. Extremly well priced SO worth it. We will be going back for sure at some stage and we are letting everyone know all about this truly great place TEMPAT SENANG RESORT. Love to DOLLY !!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Presidential Suite which slept 6 people and it was awesome, brilliant views and dec...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is my second visit to Tempat Senang. My last visit was in Oct 2011. Prior to this trip, I had just read a review on Tripadvisor that the standard of the spa has dropped. Let me just say that I did NOT find this to be true. My friend and I had the luxury of being the only two on the entire resort. We had a full day spa treatment. The standard of massage at Tempat Senang puts many massage centres in Singapore to shame. I had hunted for good massages on the tiny island of Singapore for a long time. Often times, I have paid SGD120 and above just for 60-90 min at "top-notch" spas in Singapore only to be disappointed. The massages that I received both in 2011 and 2012 just left me hankering for more experiences at Tempat Senang. My husband who came with me in 2011 has been wanting to come back for more massages as well.

On the day that we visited, the spa room was closed off because of nearby renovations and we were housed at the Japanese room. My therapist was prompt to respond to my requests e.g switching off the aircon which was directly blowing at me. At the end of the day, we were told that we were eligible for a discount because we were the only ones there for the day! How awesome!! :) Cant wait to go back!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank memoriezz
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Some hotels are 5 star rated yet leave you longing for more......and yet there are others which may not be rated, but deliver much more than you can imagine. Tempat Senang is one of those rare boutique resorts which are a must for anyone in and near Singapore.

I made the booking just 2 days before the trip and it was honoured. Considering they have only 8 - 10 rooms (and each one is unique with its own identity), it is pretty difficult to accomodate a guest in such a short time frame, but they obliged and it was sweet.
What strikes you is not the setting (in the lap of nature) but how beautifully its been created keeping everything natural yet providing the utility of modern things we are accustomed to. I found the cocunut sheet soap pump quite innovative.

We were taken care of very well and room service was prompt. The spa lived up to the reviews already on trip advisor and the staff was well trained, polite and courteous. I guess a lot goes in the background into ensuring that you cater well to the mix of clientele who visit the spa. I and wifey were in a separate terrace (rather room) which was large.....listening to the rainfall while the message was soothing the muscles was a lovely experience.

On the food front 95% people would be satisfied by what they have, but i and my wife are the fussy sorts. We are indian and generally like sticking to indian cuisine so the "Sprite Can Chicken" and the Pizza and the sumptuous breakfast kept us satisfied.....however we missed anything indian.

Yes....and just one advice...if you are staying in the Timor Room, the fridge is in the bathroom below the basin.....the door does not have a handle so try using something......it was actually embarrasing when we realised we had thought that the room had no fridge and then found it only while leaving.......
The room has a private pool in front, but it was cold that day so didnt venture into it for too long. It has also been raining so maybe thats what gave me a rash on the back after the swim.....but those are the perils of getting too close to nature........

I also managed to get a few good clicks ....like bumble beas sucking out necar from those white flowers......huge red ants on the red flower pods.....fishes in the mini pools and butterflies flying around.....
We borrowed a movie from the dvd library at the lobby....since there isnt much to do apart from that......it was good getting to catch on movies which one has missed.....

It was my first marriage anniversary and i'd let them know while booking.......i had thought (like i've experienced at other hotels - 1 star and 5 star) maybe they'd do something special.....maybe just a chocolate in the room......but i guess one shouldnt expect too much when you've already received a lot......

Room Tip: Try every room once.....each one is unique.....though i'd suggest the Bali Room since its close...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VishnuB
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My 5 gal pals and I spent the day here Wednesday and we were treated to one of the best spa experiences I've ever encountered. Between us we had wraps, hair treatments, hot compress massage, lomi lomi massage, office massage, Indonesian massage, Bamboo stick massage, wraps, scrubs, facials, reflexology and ear candling. We were all so impressed with the setting, staff, treatments and food that we are so looking forward to coming back again (and again!). Next time an overnight stay! Thank you Tempat Senang for taking care of us!
ps - one of the gals is coming again on Monday with her cousin for the morning :)

1 Thank Bugj0
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had a nice relaxing stay at Tempat Senang on a mid-week package at $290 nett per person (3D2N), and we topped up a little more to stay in Tree House, which is a deluxe suite. The suite was indeed very pretty, though the hanging bed, while novel, made us feel slightly giddy each morning.

Food-wise, we ate at the resort on both nights. We had the Nasi Campur, and the Beer Can Chicken on the second. It's pricey at $49 for a 2-person set for Singapore, let alone Batam. It would have been more worthwhile if it also came with a drink. (I wouldn't complain too much though, since the other option would have been to take a taxi out, which I wasn't keen on doing at night on our first trip to Batam. We might consider that for our second trip.) The Nasi Campur was very good, and the portions were more than enough. The Beer Can Chicken wasn't bad either, and it is certainly a unique dish. However they was just wayyy to much chicken for two people, and even with the two sides (mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes) I would have liked more variety .

We went for the spa treatments on both days. I really like the flexibility in mixing and matching three treatments from their spa menu. In all, between the two of us, we went for the Balinese massage, Lavender Scrub, Hot Compress, Mud Wrap, Avocado Cream Hair Mask, Honey Collagen Hair Mask, Office Massage, and Peppermint Scrub. We liked them all, especially the Hot Compress, Balinese massage and the Office Massage. The only negative was that there was an especially noisy group of women having their massages done in the next room, and we could hear their banter. It got very loud when their massages had ended and they were clinking their glasses (I presume that was the post-treatment herbal drink) and all. There are only partitions between each treatment room, so there is no sound buffer.

Overall, the staff were warm and friendly, and we had great fun browsing through their massive DVD collection. Perfect for us movie buffs.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mortonhv
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed November 23, 2012

If you are looking to "getaway" - To Relax, Rejuvinate and Recharge - Look no further than a little gem of a destination called Tempat Senang.
This Boutique Spa Resort is located on the Island of Batam, a mere 45 min. ferry ride from Singapore's Harbour Front. It's close proximity affords you the luxury of Quality Pampering without the price ticket and time committment a plane ride requires. A Tropical Respite just minutes away!
Tempat's Balinese Furnishings and Lush Zen-like landscaping immediately Lull you into a state of comfort and ease. There are no pretentious attitudes here, just Happy, Proffessional and Gentle souls who genuinely care about YOU and YOUR experience at THEIR resort.
Tempat's spa treatments are Exceptional and go well beyond a technical level. There exists a special connection - one shared between you and your therapist - making their treatments the best I have ever experienced, ANYWHERE. Tempat's spa pkgs. are a tremendous value and ALL therapy choices, Wonderful.
So whether you ultimately decide on a day away or an overnight(s); whether it be with your spouse, partner or "the girls", please, do yourself a favour and get yourself over there. I promise you, your Body, Mind and Spirit ... and even your pocketbook will thank you.

Multi returning guest Kim R Singapore/Canada

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kimberley r
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Received a warm welcome upon arriving at the resort. Martha, the manager there explained to us everything we need to know and answer all our questions patiently. Give an introduction to the spa packages that they have and explained how every massage is done.
We stayed in the villa that is away from the resort.
Spa was great but try to avoid the hair spa.
Food was great. Love their sambal belacan!
Will definitely go back to tempat senang again!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms may look kind of eerie. Do take a closer look at the photos before selecting your...
1 Thank Eva-fei