Some hotels are 5 star rated yet leave you longing for more......and yet there are others which may not be rated, but deliver much more than you can imagine. Tempat Senang is one of those rare boutique resorts which are a must for anyone in and near Singapore.
I made the booking just 2 days before the trip and it was honoured. Considering they have only 8 - 10 rooms (and each one is unique with its own identity), it is pretty difficult to accomodate a guest in such a short time frame, but they obliged and it was sweet.
What strikes you is not the setting (in the lap of nature) but how beautifully its been created keeping everything natural yet providing the utility of modern things we are accustomed to. I found the cocunut sheet soap pump quite innovative.
We were taken care of very well and room service was prompt. The spa lived up to the reviews already on trip advisor and the staff was well trained, polite and courteous. I guess a lot goes in the background into ensuring that you cater well to the mix of clientele who visit the spa. I and wifey were in a separate terrace (rather room) which was large.....listening to the rainfall while the message was soothing the muscles was a lovely experience.
On the food front 95% people would be satisfied by what they have, but i and my wife are the fussy sorts. We are indian and generally like sticking to indian cuisine so the "Sprite Can Chicken" and the Pizza and the sumptuous breakfast kept us satisfied.....however we missed anything indian.
Yes....and just one advice...if you are staying in the Timor Room, the fridge is in the bathroom below the basin.....the door does not have a handle so try using something......it was actually embarrasing when we realised we had thought that the room had no fridge and then found it only while leaving.......
The room has a private pool in front, but it was cold that day so didnt venture into it for too long. It has also been raining so maybe thats what gave me a rash on the back after the swim.....but those are the perils of getting too close to nature........
I also managed to get a few good clicks ....like bumble beas sucking out necar from those white flowers......huge red ants on the red flower pods.....fishes in the mini pools and butterflies flying around.....
We borrowed a movie from the dvd library at the lobby....since there isnt much to do apart from that......it was good getting to catch on movies which one has missed.....
It was my first marriage anniversary and i'd let them know while booking.......i had thought (like i've experienced at other hotels - 1 star and 5 star) maybe they'd do something special.....maybe just a chocolate in the room......but i guess one shouldnt expect too much when you've already received a lot......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tempat Senang is Batam's hidden oasis. Discover the lush gardens, Balinese architecture and romantic setting that makes it the perfect couples getaway. Full service spa and restaurant on site. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tempat Senang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa And Restaurant
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant Hotel Batam
- Tempat Senang Luxury Hotel
- Tempat Senang Luxury Resort