Great short getaway! Online booking was fast and efficient with an email to the resort which was promptly replied by a very chirpy Martha. Stayed in the Treehouse room with a tree growing though it and a swinging Queen Bed hangling from the ceiling. Room was comfortable and 'atmospheric' (I love it!) though not as spacious as I expected. But good sized, nevertheless. Decor was very 'African' and tribal, giving the impression we were spending the night in a hut. Other rooms were situated quite close by so if you crave absolute privacy, it would be in the confines of your room with the blinds drawn.
Food was good. Had the Nasi Campur for lunch (included in add-on of another 3-hour spa package) and the Beer Can Chicken for Dinner. Portions were large. Chicken was tasty at the wings and thighs, flavourfully crispy on the outside and moist on the inside but as dinner progressed and we worked on the breast meat, it was considerably drier than our sumptous initial bites.
The resort has a full suite of spa treatments. Pretty good, I must say. Tried the Balinese and Office Massages and both were good and quite different. Balinese was very good if you would like to be massaged to sleep. I also liked the Office Massage as it felt like a cool down/stretch session after a workout - my limbs and body were manipulated for maximum stretch effect. My husband thought the Aromatherapy massage was even better than the Balinese. But the ear candling was so so and I didnt quite like the hot wrap as it got a bit uncomfortable at the end when it became hot and itchy. Hot compress was good and foot reflexology was decent.
Wifi at the lobby has patchy reception. Sometimes you have it, sometimes you don't.
All in all, I thought the resort provided great value for a short relaxing getaway from the hustle bustle. It was wonderful not having much to do except, spa, eat and watch DVDs. And the other theme rooms were also intriguing. Intend to try the Joglo next time. Will definitely recommend the resort. You will not regret the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tempat Senang is Batam's hidden oasis. Discover the lush gardens, Balinese architecture and romantic setting that makes it the perfect couples getaway. Full service spa and restaurant on site. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Ctrip TA so you can book your Tempat Senang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa And Restaurant
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant Hotel Batam
- Tempat Senang Luxury Hotel
- Tempat Senang Luxury Resort