This is my 3rd time to Batam Island and instead of opting for the usual Holiday Inn that I loved, my husband and I decided to try out Tempat Senang.
We went in January 2012 for a brief R&R as my husband had just returned from his military duties. The resort looks promising on the Internet so both of us gave it a shot (and also because of the very affordable spa treatments).
Check in was a breeze but I thought it would be much ideal if we are given the choice to settle down in our rooms and take a breather before we are asked to pick our spa treatments and/or lunch/dinner menu. I can understand that since most of the packages are on a 2D1N basis, everything might seem a bit rushed if we don't make our decisions there and then. Still, I would much prefer if we had a bit of time to put our bags and refresh ourselves before diving in the menu. The management might want to consider that in future.
The spa treatments were all right, it was nothing to shout about. I had the Swedish massage and a Balinese scrub. I prefer the ones at Holiday Inn Tea Tree Spa but based on the prices that we pay for, I suppose it is understandable. I do not quite like the layout of the spa room. It feels like there isn't enough privacy for my husband and me plus the therapists hanging outside of our treatment room were fairly rowdy. I could hear them every time the door is opened and closed. I didn't like that. My girl was however accommodating & polite, always attentive to my needs during the treatment and that was good.
The resort is quaint and refreshing. It pretty much goes along the lines of most villas in Bali. It's well-kept, clean and spacious. Most importantly, it looks exactly like how it should be in the catalogue.
Breakfast choices was not much but filling. We had our lunch and dinner outside of the resort which was a much cheaper alternative. We had Bakso, nutella crepes, nasi penyet and much more.
Overall, it was all right. However, there is still room for improvement for some of the staff.
Tempat Senang is a good place to unwind and just chill with your other half if you're bored in Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tempat Senang is Batam's hidden oasis. Discover the lush gardens, Balinese architecture and romantic setting that makes it the perfect couples getaway. Full service spa and restaurant on site. Quality at an affordable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tempat Senang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa And Restaurant
- Tempat Senang Resort Spa & Restaurant Hotel Batam
- Tempat Senang Luxury Hotel
- Tempat Senang Luxury Resort