“Interesting Hotel Design & Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pacific Palace Hotel

Pacific Palace Hotel
Ranked #35 of 90 Hotels in Batam
Singapore, Singapore
“Interesting Hotel Design & Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here for one night as part of a Groupon Batam shopping tour. Check in was smooth and I deposited SGD$50 at the reception.
The room was overlooking the swimming pool and was pleasant. No complaints about noise or what. Breakfast was also ok.
There is a food court behind the hotel with cheap seafood. My husband and I ordered crab, claypot tofu, cereal prawn and satay for only $20+.
The next day I tried out the swimming pool. There was a large pool with normal temperature water and a hot jacuzzi pool that was seriously freaking hot. I was done after 5 minutes and continued to sweat a lot after getting out. It reminded me of a Japanese onsen. Remember to drink lots of water after the hot soak.
I really liked the decor of the hotel. It reminds me of a large luxury cruise ship. You can also go behind the hotel near the food court to try to snap a picture of the whole ship-shaped hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neminskii

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel had an interesting design. But inside, it was not so nice. Rooms were small and the bathroom even smaller. Carpet was old and had some weird stains on it. The staff insisted that we place our deposit in SGD but when i told him i only had IDR he was rather reluctant to take it. Not a good stay.... The only good thing about it was the breakfast i guess.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank ReccaHuang

Travelers are raving about these Batam hotels

Batam, Indonesia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

From the outside the hotel seems in a poor conditions. At the car park the staff is not friendly and ask us 3 times the standard price in batam to park.

The staff at the pacific club was not nice. As soon as we arrive at our table a drug dealer ask us if we wanted extasy. The music in the club was hard techno you like it or not. No people dancing in the club.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adrien L
Singapore, null, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Hotel is quite good, but unfortunately location is not so convenience. Room are quite big with a standard bathroom facilities. Wifi only available in he lobby area & Only serve LAN in room. Breakfast choice also limited.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LawMK
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Managed to get a reservations at this hotel. I had seen photos of this hotel and wanted to know whether what I saw in photos was truly the real thing. The hotel is shaped like a ship but instead of being in the sea or on water it is on dry land. My cabin (superior room with queen size bed) overlooked the swimming pool.

The service especially at the Reception was very poor. A deposit was requested because of the mini bar. The deposit was suppose to be S$50 but as I had no change I handed over a S$100 and they took that as a deposit and mentioned they had no change. That is totally not true as there were others in our tour group that also had to put down a deposit. When we went to our room we realised that the mini bar was locked. I went down to the Reception in the way out to dinner to let them know that the mini bar was locked. The person at Reception looked at me and went into the system and said "Your booking is through Travel Agent. We do not unlock the mini bar because of that." I then asked him why then I had to put a deposit. He was not happy that I did not accept his explanation. I then requested that he return me the S$100. When I said that he quickly told me that he will get housekeeping to unlock the mini bar. If you do decide to stay there, please ask them to clarify what the deposit is for.

Room Tip: The cabin rooms overlooking the swimming pool is nice but may be noisy for some. Kids swimming but...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank GraceY994
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

For me,the hotel was average only.the service was ok,first night at there I was told the receptionist I want to make a change for my room to superior,they don't allowed us until we ask to call the manager,eventho I was tell them I want to pay extra..the wifi at hotel are really sucks..only available at the lobby,also very hard the get the connection..Hope hotel management can do something.overrall the view at the hotel are really nice.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Nh W
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My friends & I have been staying at the Pacific Palace every 2 - 3 months in a year since 2012. Our main purpose to Batam is to have our massage at the hotel.

After lapsing for a year, we went recently on 29 March 2014 but no rooms were available hence, we stayed at the opposite hotel, Novotel, but still patronized Pacific Palace Spa for the full body and shoulder massage.

The usual experienced masseurs were no longer working there and we were a little disappointed with both massages this time round. We didn't feel as relieved as before but the body scrub was good. The massage in the past were much better.

Looks like we will have to try out other spa during our next visit to Batam, don't think we will go back to Pacific Palace Hotel. However, based on past experience staying at the hotel, it is still worthwhile.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends