Tripadvisor
Surabaya
1,143 results
All reviews new building chinese restaurant welcome drink nice hotel swimming pool suite room business trip tunjungan plaza taman bungkul traditional food pleasant stay non smoking check in process nice room strategic location trimurti accor
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Nice room and we've good time for rest after long trip. strategic location in the city. Front office handle us with care. we've to wait during our room still make up because of my upgrade, but it's worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sugito_1, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Dear Legionnes

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Surabaya.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.I will share your comments with our team.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

After a long trip around Myanmar, Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia, it is still this hotel which I remember as one of the worst. I am not sure who they paid to give them five-star status but it is absolutely not true.

Where to start? Upon arrival, the check-in procedure took a disproportionately long time. The receptionist was impersonal, and under-qualified in being able to explain the process of setting up a bill. The foyer was like a Marrakesh market, as it was most days, with far too many staff just lingering around nattering, clearly with nothing to do, while guests stood around blocking access to the lifts (of which there was the insufficient number for such a large hotel of just two) with the staff giving them no direction as to where to go.

Upon entering the room and checking out the facilities, it was clear that there were insufficient toiletries, the shower cubicle stank of stale urine, and the bottom of the cubicle looked like it hadn’t been cleaned since the hotel opened.

The hotel breakfast, a buffet, despite having an excellent offering of food choices, was again like a market. One of the wait staff offered to pour me a coffee, to which I politely refused as the coffee pot was right next to me and I could have quite easily done it myself. She insisted that she wanted to get it for me so I graciously accepted. However, she was scowling the whole time and I wondered why you would offer to do something unnecessary for someone if you were really disinterested in doing it in the first place. Very bizarre. The hotel seems to attract a significant number of our rich, but extremely uneducated, friends from the Great Wall area, who seem to delight in picking food up with their fingers and putting it back if they thought they had too much on their plate, coughing and sneezing all around the plates and bowls, dropping things which smashed on the floor and then laughing as they walked away instead of humbly apologising to the staff and asking them to clear it up. These same guests tried to enter the lift as the doors were just opening before the other guests had a chance to get out, were extremely noisy, and were frequently found smoking on the non-smoking floors which stank out the whole corridor. It seems like this dated, while presumably once nice hotel to stay, has simply given up trying.

Upon entering or leaving the hotel, you are usually greeted by anywhere between 2-10 ‘welcomers’ for want of a better word. If you just go through the doors for a quick cigarette and come back in, they give you exactly the same generic greeting when you walk back through the doors which can get tiresome after the 10th time. Where is the training?

Then there’s the swimming pool. There were tiles loose at the bottom of the pool which could easily cut someone’s foot. When I went to the pool bar to ask for a towel, they said they didn’t have any. That was bizarre enough for a pool bar but surely the solution would be to then go and get some? Instead, the staff just stood there. I asked for confirmation, “you don’t have any?”, and the response, “no”. Ok. Where is the training? Finally, they gave me a hand towel to use as a pool towel around my body. And this is a five-star hotel? How degrading! I’ve had better service at a Travelodge.

The room was dated and far below what I expected. The hotel was overcrowded and messy. The pool area was dangerous. The staff require much better management. And as for the café, it was overrun by mosquitoes every single night (the inside area) to the extent where you couldn’t even sit there for longer than five minutes without being bitten alive, the beer was ridiculously overpriced, they have a lounge off to the side which, when busy, is completely saturated with smoke which all leaks into the café area. They ran out of certain wines several times during our stay. The card machine and computer were frequently down leading to the staff having to write bills down on paper so we knew what we had spent. The staff have a, shall we say ‘interesting’ way of working. You order something from one of them and they pretend not to notice you. When you get irrate after having asked the third one, he or she then turns to their friend and passes the order on, who then passes the order on again. You’re lucky if you get served before closing time. They also give out snacks with every drink which, while nice, tends to accumulate with four large bowls of snacks on your table after a few rounds of drinks. Can’t they see there are enough snacks on the table without providing an unrequested snack buffet? Where is the training?

As a final note, they do not exchange money in the hotel! But don’t worry, because they do have a hideous ATM slap bang in the middle of the foyer which tells you all you need to know about this hotel. This is clearly a pretentious hotel out to fleece you for as much money as possible while scrimping on every single corner. I would certainly not return even if you paid me.

Date of stay: November 2019

Dear Ididthat,

May I begin by thanking you for the review on Trip Advisor for Mercure Surabaya.

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to send us to provide us your feedback.

In Mercure we have given generic and specific training to our staff, regarding your issue on your check-in process with my staff, we do apologize about it, We’ve coached our reception and rearrange our lobby foyer so it will be nice seeing. In the future, we hope you’ll return and be satisfied with our improvement.

Thank you for enjoying our plenty of choice of breakfast in the Trimurti restaurant. we will remind again our staff when offering coffee or tea for our beloved guests. In Mercure we have a swimming pool for inhouse guest and Gym members, it also have a kids corner that opens in the weekend, regarding the loose tiles it will be re set-up the tiles in short period of time.

Mercure Surabaya is a good choice to spend your day and night because we have 3 restaurants and 1 cafe with various cuisine and ambiance provide which we would like to sincerely apologize. We appreciate you for bringing the issues of Mosquito to our attention so we know which areas we need to improve. It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our Cafe services, I will ask my Food and Beverage Manager to take action on the quality of services. Please accept my humble apologies for this inconvenience.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to be better each and every day. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain the quality of our service.

We hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya hotel

Best Regard

Sugito Adhi

Reviewed January 4, 2020

Nice cozy hotel... great location in the middle of surabaya. great breakfast and coffee... nice swimming pool. surrounded with trees, soo the temp always cool. great jappanese food. you can rent a bike or electric bike infront

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sugito_1, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Andrewow26,

Reviewed December 30, 2019

Great stay with excellent service, all the staff are very welcome and nice. The suite room is excellent, its clean and quite spacious. The breakfast quite tasty and the location not far from the highway gate. Thanks

Dear Therballix,

Reviewed December 22, 2019

Room need renovated.
Good service and very welcoming assistance prior to our stay.
Staff put attention on details requested and try to fulfill all our requirements.

Overall services is really good, although the hotel really need more attention on the room.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sugito_1, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2019

Dear Adi,