Mercure Surabaya
Hotel Oval(Surabaya)
  • Pool
Moscha Hotel(Surabaya)
View Hotel
All reviewspizza hutnew buildingchinese restaurantaccor hotelssuperior roomwelcome drinkswimming poolnice hotelbusiness triptunjungan plazablue bird taxitaman bungkulchecking inmeeting roomfront officebreakfast buffet ispleasant stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights while travelling across Java.

Arrived very early in the morning after a flight from Bali. On Sunday morning, this hotel is in the 'no car day' zone of the city, so it is somewhat hard to reach by taxi. We had to enter the hotel through the back entrance of the car park. Upon arrival, the room was not yet ready. We left the bags and explored the city, and returned around 14:00, when the room was ready. Location of the hotel is very good for exploring the city, right on a main street and walking distance from Tunjungan Plaza.

The room was reasonably large for a standard room, with a seating area near the window and a large desk. It looked a bit old, but well-maintained and renovated in some parts. It was also very clean. The bathroom looked modern and was also very clean. Wifi was free and fast enough.

We did not use the gym, but it looked well-equipped for a short workout. The pool was large and very beatifully located amidst the trees behind the hotel. With a pool bar and lots of chairs, it was a very nice place to relax. The lobby bar was also nice and sold some very good and cheap bakery items (expensive -but good- coffee though!).

Because we had at first only booked 2 nights, I had to extend my stay for another night. Reception staff quoted a much higher price for the next night. When I showed her that I could book much cheaper using the Accor app right there, she changed the rate when I mailed her a screenshot. Somewhat strange, but correctly handled nonetheless.

Overall, we had a good stay and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor rooms have great views over the city.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Mr. Bartje,

I would like to thank you for your choosing Mercure Surabaya for your stay when you visit to Surabaya. It is always pleasure to have positive feedback form our guest.

For your information, every sunday morning start from 6am until 10am, we have program Car Free Day, this is to support the environment program from our city, and this is online with ACCOR's Environment Program that we called 'Planet 21'
And our hotel is very good location, eventhough in front of our hotel no car on sunday morning, but still we can serve the guest go in and out from back entrance that very useful.

Again, I thank you for sharing this feedback and I hope we have opportunity to welcome you back in Mercure Surabaya.

Yours Sincerely,

Sugito Adhi

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is average hotel in Surabaya, the room is clean and you can ask dvd player n water dispenser for your long stay. Breakfast and pool is good. The location is in cbd but quite far go to nearest mall by walk, you must take taxi around 10 minutes, but I think this hotel is oke for business trip.

Room Tip: You can ask dvd player n water dispenser complimentary for long stay
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Peter,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mercure Surabaya to stay and sharing your experience with us. It is always pleasure to have positive feedback from our guest.

I hope we have opportunity to welcome you back to Mercure Surabaya.

Yours Sincerely,

Sugito Adhi

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Nicely located in the heart of the city, easy to reach by any transport means except with your own car ! the car parking space is terribly insufficient and most of the time requires me to park my car on side of the street outside hotel area...

The room is clean. Don't expect for fancy amenities...it provide only basic needs for a single traveller

Reception desk didn't work as efficient as I was expected, they still ask for my ID card when I have presented my Accor Club membership card and when I checked out they have lost hard copy of my data during check in...what a waste of time

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Mr. Rendyas,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, nevertheless I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectation. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

a nice hotel located in the central of Surabaya city, an old building, but nicely renovated and I can recommend this hotel to my friends. Keep the excellence service as a standard of Accor Hotel member.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Antonius B. S

Thank you for choosing Mercure Mirama Surabaya for your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive feedback
I will share your comment with our team.
I am sure this feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staffs as we strive to continously improve the quality of our services and we hope your next visit will be a pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

A city hotel which is in easy reach of the airport since most is highway with less jam. Modern and stylish design, nice garden and pool. Staff friendly. Great breakfast buffet. Japanese Restaurant avarage choice and quality. Rooms are spacious, Wifi worked well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Andreas S
Windiarto W, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

We are very appreciate for your time to spend in Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya.
It is always great to welcome you in your next visit.