“Good hotel but in busy street”
Review of Mercure Surabaya

Mercure Surabaya
Ranked #22 of 132 Hotels in Surabaya
Mataram, Indonesia
“Good hotel but in busy street”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were in surabaya. Checked in 4 Nov and Checl out on 5 Nov 2012. It was a very short trip as we have to attend for visa interview at US embassy. This time we chose Mercure as I have a Le Club card. so I can earn more poins on it.
Over all the hotel is good , basically it was an old hotel. previously named Mirama hotel but later on changed into Mercure. It was located at Jl. raya Darmo, one the busy street in Surabaya.
I would recommend to stay only for business not for a leisure or with family as you have nothing special to see around.
Welcome to Surabaya.

Room Tip: I would recommend you to take the higher level as it is quite close to the stree and trafinc is busy...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Budi W, EAM at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Mr. Aryanto,

We very much appreciate your comments at Trip Advisor on 6 November 2012 regarding your stay at the Mercure Mirama Surabaya. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Windiarto
Mercure Mirama Surabaya

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the hotel mercure 2 night. very slow service in the cafe food resto trimurti. very little breakfast. shrimp and no meat. Check-in time is very arrogant and behaving server. i also UNINTERRUPTED sleep time for environment noisy. I WILL NOT COME AGAIN.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank zara136
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Ms. Zara,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete comment following your recent visit Mercure Surabaya.

I regret that your stay did not meet up to your expectation. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Mercure Surabaya.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The rooms were ok. Nothing to shout about really. The only confusion was the laundry as it is stated on the laundry form that laundry collected before 9am will be returned on the same day after 5pm while laundry collected after 9am will be returned the next day after 5pm. This is quite ridiculous as I've stayed in other hotels which collects laundry way after 9am and it's nicely hanging in the wardrobe when I return at night.
I called for laundry pick up at 8.30am but no one came to pick up and I had to call twice to a point I got really pissed off and they only came to collect around 9.40am. After all that happened, they initially only offered only 20% discount which is not even enough to cover the 21% government tax. After mentioning that and reminding them that I will not be staying in this hotel anymore in my future trips, I finally only had a 30% discount off my laundry bill-only an additional 9%. What a joke.

I am honestly dissapointed and will never consider staying here anymore.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank frequenttraveller617
Sugito A, General Manager at Mercure Surabaya, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to thank you taking time to complete our guest comment following your recent stay at Mercure Mirama Surabaya.

We were sorry to read that your experience did not meet up to your expectation. Your feedback is very valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs.
Your comment has been addressed to our Laundry Manager for the action.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Mercure Grand Mirama Surabaya.

Rutland
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent one night in the hotel. I got there late evening and did not have a chance to venture around the hotel or area. I went straight to the room and found it clean and comforting. I had dinner at the main restaurant and since it was late, service was slow and some food forgotten to make it to the table (the missing food was not charged on the bill). After a restful sleep, had breakfast in the same restaurant and service was about the same. I think it might be part of the culture to leave you alone until you notify staff you need them. Regardless, food was tasty and I was pleased. Upon checkout, the same woman that checked me in last night, Erna, greeted me by my name, which caught me off guard. It made me feel good that she recalled my name. After an easy checkout process, I sat around the cafe for a bit. I was disappointed that the wireless password I was given at check in terminates on check out. So, no free wireless in cafe or lobby. Otherwise, I had an excellent stay and will return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Jeffrey,

I would like to thank you for choosing Mercure Surabaya to stay during visit in Surabaya City and sharing your comment.

We were delighted to hear that you had an excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. Your comments on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and has been shared with the whole team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Mercure Surabaya.