Grand Darmo Suite by AMITHYA
$37
$35
$32
Agoda.com
All reviewstaman bungkulrama loungemicrowave ovencar free daystreet foodswimming poolgreat hotelexecutive roombusiness tripfitness centerfood tastenasi gorengfront office staffupon checkhotel locationlocal foodnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights for meeting. all staff were extremely friendly and helpful not as other hotel in Surabaya we've stayed before. The location is great in front Taman bungkul. The rooms are great not too small and not too big. Just a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Several times I stay in Grand Darmo, and.... they have my heart for their swimming pool! Unfortunately, the lighting will be shut down at night so I felt a bit creepy to have swimming after work. Another thing I regret to had, they have corporate relationship with an airlines company in Indonesia so when the "steward and stewardesses" came, the places getting noisy everywhere (at the lift, the corridor, or sometimes in the pool).
The other thing I've had to regret is their mini bathroom so that you will feel like your in a hostel when taking showers.

Room Tip: Ask for room with city view while doing reservation
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is new. So what can I expect from a new hotel anyway? The room is clean obviously. My highlight of the room are the pillows. I just love the pillows. Super comfy.

But, of course there are some downers as well. The shower doesn't have a shower curtain which makes the bathroom all wet all around everytime. My toilet seat seems to be broken which made it uncomfortable.

The staffs seems to be unexperienced. It takes a very long time just to ask for a bill at the restaurant.

But location is nice. There is a park in front of the hotel with street foods all around.

Stayed: December 2013
Zainul A, General Manager at Grand Darmo Suite by AMITHYA, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear NadiaYustina,

It’s another Amazing day at Grand Darmo Suite Surabaya..

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with the members of Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to learn that you found our room clean and comfy pillow, also for highlight about our hotel location. At the same time it is with regret that we learn your stay had not been as smooth and flawless as your expectation. Please note that I have addressed your points with our Chief Engineering and FB Manager to ensure that experience such as these are prevented in future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Darmo Suite soon.

Warm Regards,
Zainul Arifin

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had a lovely time at grand darmo. I stayed at deluxe suite. The room kinda small but feels cozy. Pretty good for a hotel located in the middle of city. Mind you with car free day at raya darmo on sunday morning but on this hotel you can pass by jln darmo kali. Buffet breakfast was simple but tasty and the gym was great. The hotel staff were so delightful. Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during New Year's Eve. The hotel gave me free dinner at their restaurant for celebrating the New Year's Eve, pretty good huh? =D There was a band which played music all night long and they also gave door prize for the guests. Even though the food was simple but it was delicious. Spaghetti bolognese, fried rice, black pepper beef and also the pudding was super delicious. The design of the restaurant is also wonderful. The restaurant itself is located side by side with the (super) mini swimming pool.

The room is good, clean but small. At the time I stayed at this hotel, they gave the mini bar for free. I don't know whether that is their continuous program or just for New Year's eve only. Inside the room, it also has a microwave, safety deposit box, TV cable and hair dryer. The wifi works perfectly.

The location of this hotel is great. It is near Tunjungan Plaza, Surabaya Zoo, and many more. You can find any food stalls near the hotel, and walking distance convenience store.

I recommend this hotel for everyone, even you just traveling solo, with family or for business.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family