“Eat at Center of Surabaya”
Review of Eat & Eat - CLOSED

Eat & Eat
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

a comfortable place and spacious parking ....as well as unique design as food court feels like indo-china design...
Food price is little bit expensive..
Kind of food is good almost asian food on there...

1  Thank KIM_R0bert

Reviewed November 19, 2013

A branch of Eat and Eat food court chain, the Surabaya branch doesn't look as appealing as those in Jakarta. Only a few visitors when I was there, and some of the stalls are closed down probably because the business is slow.

I tried nasi liwet Solo, the taste is good and quite authentic.

However, I think I set my expectation too high and was quite disappointed to see that it's not as good as the similar chain in Jakarta.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We visted Eat&Eat twice while in Surabaya, stumbling upon it quite accidentally while at the excellent supermarket below. Eat&eat is a great concept: foodcourt meets traditional Asian market in a nice design setting. Lots of options to sample from and all staff there seem genuinely enthusiastic about the whole thing as well. Food is quite good overall, though there are some quality differences between the different stalls. All the more reason to try out different options!

1  Thank Anne-Marijke
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I would like to share my latest diner experience with my parents yesterday in this establishment (Eat & Eat Food Market Basuki Rahmat). I had been here twice in the past and my overall rating was average. Yesterday, we decided to have our diner over there because we plan to do our grocery downstairs (in 99 Ranch Market) right after our diner.

Four of us decided to order different food this time : My wife ordered nasi empal pedas from a food stall which was located in the back, I myself ordered Bakso kuah campur from a food stall near the entrance and my parents both ordered clay pot chicken rice and clay pot chicken rice with mushroom.

After my wife started eating, she immediately complained the quality of the meal she was ordering and she almost got sick of eating it. It seemed the food had been warmed for a period of a long time where its flavor had changed. The quality of the food had deteriorated so much compare to the one she was having (from the same stall) last time. Mine was slightly better but it was not good enough to earn an acceptable rating for me as it was tasteless.

The only comment from my parents on the meals they were ordering was just okay but my father did not finish his meal because he could not chew the chicken (he said it was not tender) and I saw the same thing happened with my mom although she did not give any further comment but I could tell she did not have a satisfied face after all.

It's really a pity to see all of these happened in such a nice establishment but apparently both the management and the owner of those food stalls had not done their jobs properly in controlling the food quality. After finishing our diner, my wife told me she would never visit this place again.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

what can I describe for this place?
- Indo-Chinese style
- China Town
- China Peranakan

Yes, they have all of interior design and very cozy place in town. For the first time going there, not many food stall open (approx ends of 2011), but for now is very complete and easy to get many various food and beverage here.

Now, I recommend Eat and Eat :)