“Will be back to this hotel again”

Verwood Hotel and Serviced Residence
Ranked #50 of 135 Hotels in Surabaya
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is my first time stayed at this hotel and i must go back to this hotel for my next visit to surabaya. The price is very good and my room are great even not like what i request at my booking details. I was ask for King Size Bed but i got Twin Bed Size but it not a big deal for me as long i can enjoyed to stay at this hotel and i hope next month at my next visit i will get what i want. Thank you Somerset and see you on my next visit at your place.. Cheers..!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Verwood Hotel and Serviced Residence

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I won't say that it's strategically located. The internet connection was crap, I had to try several times to connect and also your cellphone won't get really clear data signal inside, maybe because of the building structure. Every other things were just alright, the room was spacious, furniture was in good shape, breakfast was decent, bathroom was pretty clean. The money you spent worth the facilities you get.

Room Tip: Ask the front officer to get you a room with Surabaya city view. Not very awesome but worth a try.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This is not the first time I stay in this hotel. I like the ambience, location, room, food and cleanliness.
The location is next to airport and city centre, room is huge and clean, the atmosphere is comfortable with many big trees around the hotel..
Wifi is free, n the lobby area without password, but need password in the room, and the speed is good enough.
I am fully recommend this hotel if you come to surabaya....

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel mainly because it was closely located to my customer's place. I stayed at one of the Standard, non-smoking room. Overall the room was okay for me. it provided with coffee maker and safe deposit box. They provide two small bottled mineral water and two small bottled green tea for compliment daily. The bed was comfy enough, but not too clean. Few remaining stains on the bed sheet.. The toilet was clean. But the shower had rusty colors, although it's not affecting the smell of the water. One of the towel provided for me had brownish stained on it. So better check your towel thoroughly before use.. The breakfast was delicious for me, lots of variety and taste good. So, I do recommend this hotel. It's rather far from city center, but you can order taxi from the lobby..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank miu85
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed many time in this hotel whenever my favourite place is fully book. The room is slightly outdated especially bathroom equipment and smelling of cigarette all over the place.

Hotel facility is standard and considered not good enough for 4 star.
The good thing of this hotel is variety of food for breakfast and the location where close to highway.

Room Tip: try to get Non smoking room if you are non smoker
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Crashbandicot
Reviewed December 22, 2010

We needed to stay in an apartment so we could meet easily in the hall. This was a place that was about 20 minutes to the business meeting location that we had to attend. We had 3 rooms which was just nice for the 3 of us. I was with 2 other female colleagues. They had to share a common bathroom while I had the ensuite master bedroom. We did not use the kitchen but it appeared sufficient for cooking. The place looks nice on photo but its age is very obvious in reality. Certain floors appear to have been refurbished but not the floors which we stayed on. The tvs could be bigger and flatter. It would also be useful if we did not have to call for iron, iron board, dryer and adapter. These should have been provided. No internet wifi in the apartment but free at the hotel lobby area. Otherwise, we found the place sufficient, the personnel friendly, the breakfast reasonably good and the location about right for us (from the airport about slightly more than half an hour, and there are restaurants just next to the hotel).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2010

paid in cash for 4 nights,deposit of 500.000irp also required,no probs! Drinks at the bar ater dinner out,were told don't pay we'll book to your room! Next night at hospital with wifes mother,hotel rings and ask's us where we are as drinks overtook room deposit,could we come back right now and fix up this HUGE anomaly(still had 2 nights to go) Absolutely outraged,tried to pay bar tab and then be told come back to hotel now to pay bar bill.Rooms and hallways reek of smoke and lifts smell of sewerage??Normally stay at shangri la.but went here for proximity to mother in laws house as she had a stroke recently!! Will never go back!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andwi
somersetsby, General Manager at Verwood Hotel and Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2011

Thank you for your feedback.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience you encountered during your previous stay with us. We do encourage our guests to bring their concern to the Duty Manager at the time when the issue arises. The purpose is to ensure that his/her concerns are being addressed promptly with the objective of making his/her stay with us a pleasant one. In this instance, the management of the property was unaware of the incident and is very sorry to learn that you were left with an unpleasant experience. Could you please contact me at +62 31 732 8738 so that we can take remedial action to ensure incident like this will not happen again? Thank you.
Andrew Mah