“Awesome stay at Shangri-La Surabaya”

Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya
Ranked #4 of 134 Hotels in Surabaya
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Awesome stay at Shangri-La Surabaya”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

- stay one night, we had chose premium room
- the bed was comfortable, the wifi service was superb, room was spacious with large bathroom
- services was great since the first time coming
- we suggest traveler to upgrade to premium room rather than standard room
- just walk away to great shopping mall, Ciputra World
- breakfast was okay, but better if variation of menus was added

Room Tip: Chose the premium room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Johannes-Sulaksono

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
Reviewed November 24, 2012

It wasn't easy for me and team to choose the right hotel to conduct a national meeting in Surabaya. And choosing Shangri-La was the best decision. The staffs were really helpful. The team lead by Mr.Edwin have helped us promptly and they provide all our needs. Thank you all staffs of Shangri-La Surabaya for making our 2 days meeting in Shangri-La an unforgetable one.

The room was spacious with very comfotable pillow, and every single night, the housekeeping came to open the bedcover, close the curtain, and place the slipper on the bedside. Wow, I have never got that treatment in other hotel.

The pool is huge! And I just love the breakfast! Though the variety of the dimsum, my fave dish for breakfast, shall be improved.

The hotel is located just 5 minutes away from Ciputra World shopping mall, and it provide shuttle (Toyota Innova) from and to the hotel. It was really convenient. The hotel is also easily reached from the airport. So it was easy for our guests coming from all over Indonesia, getting to and from the airport.

This hotel is just amazing, really recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tesyasblog
Martin B, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Tesyasblog,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback on your recent stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Surabaya.

We are happy that you have a memorable stay and it is great to know that our staff helped to make your event an unforgettable one. We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you again in the future.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We have a national meeting in this hotel 2 days ago and before the day (apx 3 weeks before meeting) my colleague give me the name of PIC for our event, named: Anita Wahyuni. To be honest, they are very terrible for coordination with us, feels like dealing with backpacker hotel (not like 5 star hotel).
This terrible coordination continue when the day come. Suddenly my colleague ask me that she will extend 1 day. We decide to have an extra bed. Night before the day I suppose to checkout, I confirm with a man in front office namde Lagus (I'm a little forgot, because I cant see his name on his badge). I left my phone number, room number that will have an extra bed, even I inform the time that extra bed must settle in that room. But guess what? I doubt about their coordination since the first time I talk with Anita Wahyuni, so I ask about the extra beda, surprisingly the extra bed didn't come until I asked. When I ask why the extra bed didn't come to a man in front office named: Agus. He is very defending, he defend make it sound like not his fault. I'm questioned to you all, is that suppose to be what he is doing? Then I asked to see manager in charge in that day, then a person name: Selly come out. She just say sorry for the thing happened, etc. But I'm still dissappointed, because she is only say: yes and yes.

Again, its very terrible. When one of my friend have a breakfast, they charge it because of they miss communication about roomrate for my friend's room wheter single or double. Isn't insane??? I'm totally pissed off and very dissapointed. Once again, its a 5 star hotel with a backpaker service.

Other than service: Food (nice) ; Room (nice) ; techincal facitlity like water heater or AC (nice).

If you dont belive my review, just confirm with a few name that I have trouble with: Anita Wahyuni, Lagus, Agus, and Selly. And you cant email me for the detail: theodorus.lomala@gmail.com

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TheodorusLomala
Martin B, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Surabaya, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear TheodorusLomala,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Shangri-La Hotel, Surabaya.

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our service during your stay. We take all of our guests' feedback seriously to prevent similar incidents from happening again in the future. Please allow us some time to investigate the matter and I will get directly in touch with you.

SURABAYA
Reviewed November 20, 2012

An excellent hotel with great location and wonder food options.

This hotel has something to offer for everyone. Even the local professional-talent can be found working the bar downstairs. No services left out.

Two great restaurants offer other delicacies. The first in Buffet style, the latter being one of the better Italian restaurants in Town.

Room Tip: Avoid room on the street side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for several nights recently and enjoyed it very much. My room was well-furnished as is the entire property. Drawbacks: I stayed there long enough to get tired of their restaurants (the Chinese one is excellent, though) and was working too much to go out at night. I had a room on the street side and the noise was bothersome, ask for one not facing the street and you should be happy with everything else.

Room Tip: See comment above about noise on the street side.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Best in Surabaya.. and surely set benchmark for the rest to follow. Compare to the same chain hotel in Singapore, this is hospitality!
Exec floor is really nice . Shang palace restaurant was huge and Never order more than 1 dish when you are alone, huge serving..no way anyone could finish.
must try

• Stayed November 2012
PJ
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Shangri-La Surabaya is located off the central business district which makes planning your journey in the city a must. Traveling from the airport to the hotel was pretty smooth despite the lunch hour crowd and checking in was a breeze and we were ushered straight up to the Horizon floor (their executive floor lounge) where drinks were provided while our rooms were being prepared.

Overall the hotel stay was comfortable and up to the typical Shangri-La mark but the hotel requires some refurbishing. The bathroom appears oldish in style and taps squeaks and rumbles. The shower works well but needed some persuasion to turn on fully.

I did not have the time to enjoy the executive lounge privileges but wifi was included in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kesharoo,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

You will be glad to hear that we are currently in the midst of refurbishing our property. Expect this to be finished first quarter of next year.

We will be looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit!