“Great Experience”

Ranked #7 of 132 Hotels in Surabaya
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Great Experience”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Right from the beginning of our vacation when we were met by Sheraton staff at Surabaya airport, our journey of delight and fulfillment commenced.

The staff who greeted us at Surabaya airport was very polite and courteous. My journey to the Sheraton Hotel was comfortable and relaxing.

On arrival the reception service staff were very polite and very experienced which made our booking process quick and easy (considering I have 3 rooms booked).

After our first night, we made a requested to upgrade our room. Reception services made the transition so effortless to our new room.

We met up with the Sheraton General Manger Christopher that night in the Club lounge as he was chatting with guests. A truly exceptional man, very perceptive and welcoming person.

As I planned to spend my birthday at the Sheraton, we were introduced to Renaud – Director Food and Beverage. His expertise and devotion in planning our birthday dinner was outstanding. A few simple notes, his flare of creativity and my birthday dinner was planned, confirmed and arranged.

We must thank these two people, who lead by example, dedicate devotion and commitment to customer service in looking after our needs, no matter how small.

“THANK YOU CHRISTOPHER AND RENAUD”

The many staff members who have been groomed in the Sheraton way, we also thank you. Your pleasant smiles and welcome has made our stay so very wonderful.

“THANK YOU TO STAFF FOR MAKING US WELCOME”

If you have not stayed at the Sheraton Surabaya, or any Sheraton Hotel, do it as soon as possible. You will enjoy it as much as we have.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teresia W, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Roman2012

First of all, happy birthday! I hope that you have had a great birthday party at Kafe Bromo. Thank you for your kind review. It such a pleasure for us to know that your overall stay at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers was memorable. Thank you for your detailed story about your stay, we are proud to learn that our staff, check-in process, and our service exceeded your expectation.
We can’t wait to meet you again at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers in near future.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The warmth and sincerity that I felt from your staff at the Club floor, Ms. Made, whom at the first instant was very welcoming and extremely attentive, informative and helpful. My mother (at 76 years of age) was with me as she had never visited Surabaya, even though she had visited other parts of Java and Indonesia many, many times; partly because noone had ever recommended Surabaya for visiting or shopping. She enjoyed her experience at the hotel and felt appreciated by your staff. I had a peace of mind leaving my mother at the hotel throughout the 4 days as I knew the staff was attentive and the mall was just next door, while I had to attend meetings. Coming back to the hotel at the end of a tiring evening was something that I looked forward to. Also, I would like to pay credit to your reception staff on the ground floor, I believe the name was Arief who first checked us in. He was very welcoming and patient, and attentive after our rather a tiring flight from Kuala Lumpur. I changed my mind and wanted an upgrade to the Club floor after checking into the room (earlier advised by him about the rates etc. but I didn't take it at first) but all in all, both staff accommodated me with a smile due to my fickle mindedness! Anyway, all of your staff from the concierge to those at the Club were extremely polite and made me comfortable and felt welcomed.

Another example was when I could not send an sms through my handphone and a guest was coming to the hotel at the last minute while I was dining at the Lung Yuan Chinese Restaurant, and one of your friendly waiters accommodated my needs by letting me use the landline from the restaurant so I could continue my only dinner together with my mother, without having to go back to my room to make that important call as not to miss my visitor! Bravo to the staff. Again I apologise for not remembering his name, but I am glad that I remembered this incident, as this was one of those special things. I'm sure if you asked the staff restaurant they will know who we were as we were the first ones to dine on that Saturday night, as it was a rather noisy night at the lobby. The staff at the hotel did not let me down. Great for ladies like me who sometimes do travel on my own and a necessity to have a peace of mind. The food and breakfast was ok, and the Chinese restaurant was good. It can be a little noisy on Saturday night at the coffee house/lounge area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sharifahf

Thank you for your rave review. We are very happy to know that your overall trip with your mother was memorable. We have shared your experience to our associates. We appreciate that you recognize their care. We are very pleased to make great impression on your recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I had a nerve wracking stay in Indonesia and this hotel was the only reason why I didn't lose my sanity.Robbed, molested, sick and with not enough cash the staff of this hotel took every possible step and care to help me recover.The coffee shop is pretty good but the breakfast spread for non Indonesians though could be better.The staff are excellent, one of the most professional and caring ones I have experienced. The pool is good and the location one of the best in the city . Right next to a snazzy mall, there are plenty of restaurants, fast food shops, pharmacies and public transportation easily available. They even helped me out in getting money transferred to their account although better training of the staff in international wireless money transfer would help.Even then an excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Teresia W, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Svetlanabaghawan

Thank you for your positive review about our hotel. We are very happy to hear that your stay at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel Towers was memorable. We have taken note on your observation on our menu and staff.

We look forward to being of your service again in near future.

Jakarta
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just returned from Surabaya last night, where I had stayed for 2 days in this hotel. It was not my first stay, though. As a matter of fact, Sheraton has always been my first choice every time I travel to Surabaya. Not only because it's only 10 minutes away from my office, but also its convenient location as it connects to the largest shopping centre, Tunjungan Plaza, where I can do sightseeing after office and find many options for dinner.

The room is quite spacious, clean, and well maintained. Electronics, aircon, wifi, hot water, etc work properly. Check in / out process was quick. Many choices of meals and fruits for breakfast, and they taste quite ok. I like the chicken porridge and fresh juices.

For me, it will still be my first choice of hotel in Surabaya.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Teresia W, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Irlan P

Thank you for your rave reviews. We were very proud to learn that Sheraton Surabaya has been your first choice when in Surabaya. We are glad that you have had enjoyable stay with us.

Please do let us know when you will be staying with us again.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The demand in Surabaya for hotels is increasing and more branded hotels have now been established in the historic town linked to Indonesian independence. The Sheraton is in close proximity to other hotels.
The sheraton is a good asset to the city. It's a multistory building with rooms on many high floors. It's restraunts are on lower floors as are the banquet areas and spa. The executive lounge could be better. The food diversity could be better. The rooms are good and sleep quality meets the sheraton standard.. The rooms are well appointed too but the toilet amenities need a better improved standard .
The location is good and its a good choice for travelers .The staff is well trained and pleasant .

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Teresia W, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Geeess

It was a pleasure welcoming you to Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to know that our city, location, room, restaurant and club lounge can make your stay even more memorable.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We love to dine in Cafe Bromo n Lungyuan of Sheraton Surabaya Hotel. The food taste great especially Dimsum @Lungyuan. The managers are very friendly. The room is clean n comfortable. The location is superb, just connected to TP3.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank SmartRuth
Teresia W, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear SmartRuth

Thank you for sharing your experience when you visiting Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers. We are very happy to know that you had great time at our restaurants and other facilities.

We look forward to your next arrival at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is rather old and the building looks tired. However, they manage to keep the rooms clean and well maintained. The staff were very hospitable. The lady who helped me to check in is very pleasant, polite and helpful. She gave me directions where to eat local food nearby the hotel..and all with a happy smile. I did not try the restaurants there but they were busy, an indication that the food may be good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tirawan
Teresia W, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Tirawan

Thank you for your review. There is nothing we love to hear more than our guests loving their experience with us! We will take into consideration all of your feedbacks and comments. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Surabaya.