The Sheraton Surabaya is located in a pretty nice area. Its attached to a monster of a shopping mall with 5 or 6 floors or shopping and dining. I think its the biggest mall in Surabaya...at least according to the cab driver. You can certainly kill a lot of time in here. There is also a travel agent right outside the hotel to cater to any needs you might have. The mall also offern an absurd amount of dining options, most of which is incredibly cheap.
The hotel lobby is beautiful and large. Check in was quick and I headed to my room on the 25th floor, which is also where the lounge is. Was given a room on the club floor. The room was nice and very comfortable. Tastefully designed. I had 2 says there, one for 2 nights, and one for 3. Both times I was upgraded to the Tower rooms on the SPG club floor, but the rooms themselves were just regular rooms. So was definitely disappointed in terms of getting an upgrade at the hotel.
My stay here was good. Service is excellent and the staff definitely know who their elite members are. The rooms are comfortable, and the rooms on top few floors offer expansive views of Surabaya, though the view isnt particularly much.
Breakfast is served at the Bromo cafe downstairs and is your usual breakfast buffet with western and asian options as well as egg stations and a juice bar etc. Nothing particularly stood out to me in terms of the food. It was average.
The Sheraton Club is really nice. Its fairly small and cozy, and doesnt get too many visitors. Th staff manning the lounge are phenomenal. They always remember your name, your drink and everything is usually refilled before you even have a chance to ask. The cocktail hour is pretty nice with plenty of snack options which taste pretty good. The all day options are pretty decent as well unlike most lounges. Illy coffee is served all day as is tea, along with a wide selection of fruit and dessert. Breakfast is served here as well though it is much more limited compared to the cafe below. The views from the lounge are quite nice as well. It is a nice place to just relax.
The hotel is not situated too far from the airport but it can take about 30 minutes to get here due to traffic. It should cost roughly 90000 IDR to get here. Cabs are available in plentiful at the hotel as well so just call for one when you are down. The location of the hotel is quite good as it is connected to the convention center and of course the mall. You could easily kill a whole day in here wandering around and the offerings are wide from super expensive like Louis Vuitton to fairly cheap like Gap.
This hotel is definitely a good place to stay if you wind up in Surabaya. Will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Surabaya, the Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers is a great place to conduct business, catch up with friends and family, or just relax. Next to the city’s most famous shopping center, Tunjungan Plaza our hotel offers a comfortable retreat and an unforgettable experience. Warm, friendly service awaits you from the moment you step through the front door until the last goodbye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Surabaya Hotel And Towers
- Surabaya Sheraton
- Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers Java