“good,but need improvements”

Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites
Ranked #36 of 135 Hotels in Surabaya
denpasar
Reviewed January 23, 2011

It is a good hotel with reasonable price.The good side are: service is good,staff are friendly and helpful,breakfast has good variations and quality of f&b.But need improvements on the A.C,I was staying in 2 bedroom suite,the other bedroom(not the master) is hot,I put the remote control at the coolest,but still my daugther was sweating sleeping in that room.The hotel did not provide any cooking utensil.In the advertising it is said that the suite has a fully furnished kitchen and suitable for a long stay.The question is,how do I cook anything,if the hotel only provide the electric stove,but nothing to cook with?And a little problem I had in checking-in and checling-out.In checking-in,in my via e-mail booking,and in the e-mail that I received from the hotel booking system,it is said said that the room is for 3 adults and 1 children,BREAKFAST INCLUDED.But the front office officer said that the breakfast package is for 2 adult and 2 children.Which one is the right one?And on checkin-out,the front office officer also forgot to give me a 10%discount(I am a member to the hotel group,and I am entitle to get the 10% discount,all procedure has been follwed,they even have a copy of my membe card).He needed me to remind him about the discount.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Went to Surabaya and stayed at Novotel for one night. Had my business meeting at the lounge and it was OK to have short meeting at the lounge. The room was clean, staffs were friendly and helpful. Food was great! I like the swimming pool and many brought their family to swim or just hanging out near the pool. I will consider bringing my family to this hotel, very green and good for family outing.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Like : The room and bathroom are clean, the neighborhood is quiet and calm.

Dislike : Foods are way overpriced. And doesn't taste good at all (I tried their recommended main course Ox Tail).

I'd recommend only for their cleanliness and their quietness.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
Reviewed January 11, 2011

very crowded, the hotel cannot provide clean towels until 8.30 pm... & didn't give bathroom condiments (shampoo, soap etc)
when we were in the swimming pool very difficult to get the clean towels, from 3 room that we rent, only given 1 towel
the supply of clean towel compare to stayed night visitor not balanced, that day was very terrible

but luckily breakfast service is good enough, food quality above average

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
surabaya
Reviewed January 8, 2011

overall it's ok just like all novotel service and quality
but i have ask for a smoking room but there is not any astray at the room
and for breakfast price is so expensive even when i use a credit card promo to pay it
but i think the price is up first before they gave me a discount
and i think that is not a discount anymore

Reviewed January 7, 2011

I like to stay in Novotel Surabaya, but I have some complains:
a. My room always smell of cigarette eventhough I already asked to spray with parfume.
b. my bedcover was smell and it looked like none changed and my skin got itch.
c. my water closet needs to change.

I'll be back to Surabaya in December, I hope Accors will give special rate.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Novotel Surabaya is one of the best places to stay for my family to stay. The pools is one of our childrens favourite. we have had a wonderful christmas there. Even tough the hotel is under minor renovation, it doesn't affect the guests. One thing that we were dissapointed was the air condirion in the room that didn't work properly (it was hot and the ac temperature didn't work). Yet the hotel staff responded to our complain quickly. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family