Stayed 2 nights over a weekend and found this hotel quite good. Service staff were very friendly and helpful. Check in was fast and welcome drink given promptly.
Our pool view room was renovated to standard Novotel features. However, workmanship is a little on the down side. Wall papers not properly done up with air babbles visible and toilet bowl not securely and firmly fastened to the floor, though not leaking a little rocky could be felt while sitting on it.
Food at the restaurant is good and breakfast spread not bad too but the restaurant is a bit small. We were having lunch and there happened to be a huge group perhaps attending a convention also came for lunch and the place was packed up very quickly. Restaurant staff did their best smiling always even under stress to cope with the crowd. There is an offer of 50% discount for pastry, cakes and bread after 6 pm at the restaurant as well should you like to buy something to munch in the room at night instead of coming down for supper.
Plenty of channels on TV and wifi is free but signal intermittent at times and access is for 2 devices only where password is required.
Swimming pool is nice with maximum depth about 1.6m but smokers sitting near the outdoor section of the restaurant is a bit of a nuisance for non-smokers using the pool.
Bluebird taxis are available at the hotel and rate to Tunjungang Plaza cost around 30,000 rupiah. Taxi coming to the hotel from the airport is fixed at 95,000 rupiah and toll fee another 10,000 rupiah. No bluebird taxi is available from the airport. However going back to the airport using bluebird taxi including toll fee cost around 95,000 rupiah.
Overall this is a relaxing place to chill out but if you are looking for walking distance to the busy part of the city near major shopping malls, this hotel is not for you. However, there is quite a good size mall whose anchor tenant is Carrefour located on the right of the hotel which is about 5 minutes walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites is a 4 star hotel conveniently located in the main business district of Surabaya. For business trips and holidays, this hotel is the perfect destination, offering conference facilities, a fitness centre, outdoor pool, tennis courts, activities and Dolfi Kids Club. Our 209 well appointed rooms offer comfort and convenience. Enjoy a meal in our restaurant, or relax and unwind in one of our two bars. This is not just a business hotel, but a holiday resort in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Surabaya Hotel Surabaya
- Surabaya Novotel
- Novotel Surabaya Hotel And Suites Java