“Second Time Was Different”

Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites
Ranked #36 of 138 Hotels in Surabaya
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my second visit to Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites (from 17th to 18tth September 2013). My recent stay at this hotel was a nice experience of newly renovated rooms, wonderfully friendly staffs and an especially warm hospitality.

The hotel General manager Mr. Djulkarnain is always on hand for his excellent personal touch and attention to detail.

Breakfast is of excellent quality with large selection of Indonesian and Western foods.

Unfortunately there's a few minor downsides, ... toilet amenities & shower holder in the bathroom need a better improved novotel standard. The housekeeping staffs need to pay attention about the cleanliness of the room balcony.

I give Novotel Surabaya Hotel & Suites a B rating and would stay there again for my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Denny L
Novotel_Surabaya, General Manager at Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Bapak Denny,

Thank you for your second stay and for taking the time to give your review about Novotel Surabaya.

It is great to know that you are happy with our staff hospitality and breakfast selection.
Your comments about our room had been shared with the Manager concerned.

Again, thank you for your review and I look forward for your next stay with us at Novotel Surabaya again soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I had bad experience when stay in this hotel. I rented 2 rooms all the cheapest room for my family. It cost 860 k . Total I spent 1.720 k . I just knew the have a family room that cost only 1.4 k including 3 bed rooms. When I checked in the reseptionist told me that only one room was ready. The other was still cleaned . We waited so long for the other room until the maghrib prayer. The response of the staffs are slow. I suggest you to eat your breakfast in 6-7 am becoz I must wait 30 minutes when I ate my breakfast at 9. The cafe is so small

The nice thing here is the view, te pool and the free horse riding that make my child happy

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Andreaika
Novotel_Surabaya, General Manager at Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Andreaika,

First of all, thank you to choosing Novotel Surabaya as your place to stay during your visit to Surabaya and for your time to share your experience.

We are terribly sorry to hear that you have experienced some inconveniences for long time check in and attentiveness of our front desk. We have taken note your comment about restaurant capacity and become our consideration for the next improvement of our dining room.

Once again thank you for your valuable inputs to allow us improve the quality of product and services and on behalf of Management Novotel Surabaya I sincerely apology for the inconvenience caused.

I wish my team and I remain having the opportunity to welcome you back and serve you better on your next visit to Surabaya.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recently refurbished and has amazing swimming pools and is highly recommended.Dinner was average and cheap by aussie standards
Rooms are new - twin beds are 3/4 size of a double and bathroom has a glass wall!

Room Tip: Top floor 3rd overlooking the pools.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

comfortable and clean room, great buffet for breakfast, quiet and friendly staff..good for bussines and vacation with family cause have a great swimming pool....location is strategic and near to the shopping center.

Room Tip: suite room is very good
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 24, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked through Agoda for my father and mother in laws, my brother in law and his new wife on a trip to Surabaya for 1 night in Novotel whie actually when we go to Surabaya, they always stay at Surabaya plaza Hotel ( which like heaven and earth compare with Novotel Surabaya ).
When we checked in, the receptionist says to my bro in law that they will upgrade to Apartment, then the bell boy told us to move our car to park nearer the apartment, they said just go out then turn left you will see the apartment , so we all got in the car go from the hotel area as there's no sign in hotel area that the apartment is still at hotel area, we drove out, turned at the first left turn then what we found is kampung and we followed the road it turned back to the hotel again... So I drove back in the hotel and asked the security and he said that the apartment is still on hotel area, I was furious but just drove to the apartment. The bell boy waited there, no questions was asking, and he said that our apartment room was in 7th floor, 762 and 761. Arriving in 7th floor, on the way to the room, I saw the fire emergency stair with so many rust and I started felling bad and it's true when we entered the room, the room apartment was so old, the lamp on bathroom was not working and when I asked the beel boy he just touch here and there to fix the lamp not saying anything..I started checking all facilities. The refrigerator never been cleaned and it's an ancient refrigerator. the my bro in law rushed into my parents room saying that his room was smelly, and i checked it and it's true the room smelled like a fish. I asked my bro to call the front desk to change the room to the same room I requested not the apartment, cause seemed they didn't understand the meaning of UPGRADE was.
Front desk said that the other room was full, so I took the phone and called them my self, i asked them to give us the hotel room not the apartment, and they still tried to move us to the apartment, 1st floor with 3 bed rooms. 5 minutes later, they called and said someone will come to our room to inspect, if our complaint was true they would move us to hotel rooms.

Someone rang the door, after that i showed him all thing I found and started to complaint, then my father in law asked him what his position in the hotel, and the shocking answer came, he was a trainee. we were all get upset, hearing this which means that Novotel Surabaya looked down on us, but as hotelier we were understood that we couldn't blame this trainee.

So he move us to the hotel rooms, and we were all hope that our bad dreams was over, but no, the housekeeping was wrong explaining which one the complimentary and paid in mini bar, there's no rubber mat on the shower room which is quite slippery, and the worst of all, when the next day when we did the swimming, my bro in law and my daughter started to bruise and have a red spot on the face and the back, meant that water in pool never been cleaned.That's why we didn't take breakfast there as we had enough with NOVOTEL SURABAYA EXPERIENCE.

btw, our room number after being moved is 147 and 149.

Room Tip: Dont even come here !!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank RudySant

Dear Bapak Rudy Santoso,

I really apreciate your inputs as I just taken over the hotel last year and we have started to renovate the hotel rooms and to be carried on with the apartment wing afterward.

I look forward to welcome you back at Novotel Surabaya and I would love to see you personally to discuss further.

Once again I thank you for your kind concern to our hotel.