Booked 8 nights here in a one-bedroom apartment and were allocated a room on the 9th floor.
The view from our room was great, although the room left a lot to be desired. The drab brown/beige decor has seen much better days. There were dirty fingerprints and marks on all the walls, doors, and even on the tv, and the bathroom was rotten with an extremely smelly toilet and appaulingly weak shower . Another disappointment was that the only TV was in the small living area (most apartments in other hotels also give a TV in the bedroom)
The main problem with this place is the ceaseless NOISE. Almost as if we had to battle constantly for some privacy and peace and quiet....
The hotel is located centrally between 3 or 4 mosques, so from 4am onwards there is an incessant wailing associated with these. Behind the hotel is also the main railway line, so there is also the noise of passing trains all day long.
In addition to this, the 10th floor of the appartment building which was formerly the penthouse appartment, has been converted into a bizarre combination of football cafe and conference room.
The result of this is a constant overhead noise: The scraping of furniture being rearranged until 11pm; footsteps from herds of people coming and going, loud disco music,happy-clapping and people speaking into microphones during 'conferences'. stamping,shouting and cheering during football matches on TV until 10pm.... All of which sounded like it was right there with us in the room!
Trying to explain that we were guests in the hotel and had paid extra for the comfort and peace of an appartment ,and that everyone is entitled to sleep after 9pm,did no good and received the response 'you can either go somewhere else or not sleep until 11pm', which is entirely unacceptable.
The swimming pool ,despite being attractively landscaped, appeared to have a filter problem as the water was always murky and smelly. In the 8 days that we stayed here, noone did anything about fixing this; Which is bad for a chain hotel charging high prices.
On top of all of this, the place appears to open its swimming pool to every man and his dog at weekends, meaning it is packed with hundreds of locals and small children running around and swimming in their ragged underwear; whilst paying guests dont even get a look-in.
For the high price paid and what is promised by the website/photos, this place is a disappointment. It would be ok if given a lick of paint, and if they actually cared about guest comfort and satisfaction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites is a 4 star hotel conveniently located in the main business district of Surabaya. For business trips and holidays, this hotel is the perfect destination, offering conference facilities, a fitness centre, outdoor pool, tennis courts, activities and Dolfi Kids Club. Our 209 well appointed rooms offer comfort and convenience. Enjoy a meal in our restaurant, or relax and unwind in one of our two bars. This is not just a business hotel, but a holiday resort in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Surabaya Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Surabaya Hotel Surabaya
- Surabaya Novotel
- Novotel Surabaya Hotel And Suites Java