“Location and room great” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Wyndham Surabaya
Ranked #37 of 129 Hotels in Surabaya
canada
“Location and room great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

First time stay with meritus surabaya is excellent experience what I have now, very very excellent service from staff and room was very large, I get free upgrade when hotel full to premiere room, I saw many time crew from airline stay there also, free internet wifi in the room and
Minibar.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Christian J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surabaya, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Michaelwong325

Warmest Greetings from Meritus Surabaya City Centre,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you found a 'Location and Room great" Thank you for your positive comments about our Hotel at Tripadvisor which I have shared with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stay for a weeks at Meritus make me happy' they have very good and excellent service during my stay there, staff at reception always smile and great my name, room vary good and large' they have free wifi in the room with heigh speed and good connection, location located at City centre and make easy looking something , good service for shuttle to shopping mall

Dear Alan453g

Warmest Greetings from Meritus Surabaya City Centre,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you found a 'Good price and value for money" Thank you for your positive comments about our Hotel at Tripadvisor which I have shared with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stay for two nights with my family. We are happy stay with meritus surabaya because the have a good package call Christmas Package, which is free dinner and spa for 2 pax, very good service and facilities.all staff are friendly special at reception with quick check in, Sure i will come back to meritus surabaya again, good job all

Dear Jonat3563

Warmest Greetings from Meritus Surabaya City Centre,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you found a 'Good Christmas Package" Thank you for your positive comments about our Hotel at Tripadvisor which I have shared with the team. and we make sure to all Meritus Christmas package received by our guest who's can enjoy our room Package which is including Dinner and Massage for 2 pax and enjoy their stay , I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights last month and this is not my first stay, in fact my 3rd stay ever since the hotel open.

My 1st and 2nd stay was excellent however in my 3rd stay I experience a black out about 20-30 minutes and the whole room in fact the whole hotel in the dark including the corridor. The aircon was off and room getting stuffy. I had to use the emergency torch light. I didnt leave my room as corridor itself very dark and feels not good about it. I called the front desk and guess what they said? "Be patient". I was like angered by her response but then I felt that even I angry it wouldnt change the situation, so its useless. Definitely a poor service! One more thing this hotel dont have wifi in room.

Two great things about this hotel are the new and spacious room. Other than that, average. Waiting lift could be a little bit longer, weird from a new hotel with 4 lifts (only 20+ storey).

I did had my dinner in the Chinese restaurant and no one dining there except my family. Value for money, taste good and good service in the restaurant.

Location wise, pretty good in central area and convenient to go anywhere driving with rental car.

So overall I give average to this hotel thanks to the blackout, poor service, no wifi and last but not least slow lift. However I will still recommend this to my friend as its wallet friendly as compared to other 5 stars.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Christian J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surabaya, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Bobby Y

warmest greetings from Meritus Surabaya City Centre,

Thank you very much for staying with us on your most recent visit to Surabaya and also for raising your concerns. We are sorry to hear that your stay experience with us was not as per your expectation. Responding to your comment in regards to the Blackout during stay, we have taken your comments in to our team and have forwarded them on to the respective persons in charge. and do improving our facilities ,It is our sincere intent to make your next visit as comfortable as possible and we hope to see you here again.

With best regards

Front Office Manager
Meritus Surabaya City Centre.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great hotel, mins from the mall and eating places, right downtown, easy access to everywhere. BUT mostly the services was sooooooo good and sooooo friendly. 10mins walk to the mall and to eating places near the mall towards the mall. Dunkin doughnuts with free wifi in next door.

There was a problem with my booking cause I thought I had booked breakfast but had made a mistake. They were sooooo kind to knock of 30% from the breakfast for the first two days cause it was an mistake on my part.

Dear grrrrrat

Warmest Greetings from Meritus Surabaya City Centre,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you found a 'Wonderful friendly Service " Thank you for your positive comments about our Hotel at Tripadvisor which I have shared with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 night and I really like it. I feel this hotel my second home, most of the staff specially in reception recognize me. Other than than the location is near with Mall and hotel provide the shuttle. I recomend this hotel for family and business people. Thank you Meritus... "Home away from home"

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christian J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Surabaya, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Joko M

Warmest Greetings from Meritus Surabaya City Centre,
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you found a 'Home Away from Home" Thank you for your positive comments about our Hotel at Tripadvisor which I have shared with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

- Good size room
- Friendly staffs
- Speedy Check in
- location

dislikes:
- Funny smell in the room
- Wifi was so poor in the room, until they had to bring a portable modem into my room
- no directory/stationery in the room (i needed an envelope)
- breakfast, most of the items are deep fried (fried fish, fried chicken), and the chicken sausage was still frozen in the middle. and the beef sausage wasnt good quality, you can see the red colouring leaching into the bread (which turned into bright red)

Dear Alvinlee

Warmest greetings from Meritus Surabaya City Centre

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review in Trip Advisor follow special "Well and Good Size Room" and we are happy wing your recent stay with Meritus Surabaya City Centre to welcome you back on your next arrival,

Warmest Regards,