“Great Italian food in Sub”
Review of Casa Fontana

Casa Fontana
Ranked #110 of 1,666 Restaurants in Surabaya
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant... Italian style... For all the people that likes great food...And join the classic Italian atmosphere. Call for reservations for birthday party and more...
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Great Italian food in Sub”
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Best Italian restaurant in Surabaya ! I went to all other 5 with are all in the neighborhood but this deffinately is the best ! Friendly people nice owner and great food ! Maybe nice if they would add more dessert rest all good ? Always come back

• Indonesian first
Jakarta
“Homie Italiano ”
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I just had a dinner with my colleagues here. I ordered Salmone Alla Griglia Con Salsa Tartara which the salmon was cooked very well, everything is perfect as the way it was. The potato has a very perfect taste. Melted in mouth before you can even taste it. I went there with my few foreign coworkers, too bad the waitress doesnt understand english quite well. My friend had to repeat the order for even 4 times for them to understand. But overall it is a very good Italian restaurant.

“Feels like home”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

It is my first time to this restaurant. When I do my reservation, I already felt the warmth of the service provided by the lady, (I think she's the owner, if i was wrong well she deserve to be that one). Great ambience, the great taste of the foods start from pizza, beef, pork, chicken, pasta, until pannacota as a dessert. The must try foods are grilled beef and delicious pizza. The prices are worth the taste of the food and the friendly services provided. no doubt, will come back to Casa Fontana ristorante italiano. Grazie mille!

1 Thank Devi0512
Kirkland, Washington, United States
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My co-worker and I found the restaurant online, and I have to say it was completely, and unexpectedly wonderful. Although it's located in what appeared to be a mostly residential area (we thought the taxi driver might be lost), the restaurant is lovely. Very clean, air conditioned (grazie mille!), good service, and excellent food. We had a bottle of the house wine (red) which was lovely.
The staff was courteous, efficient, and pleasant. We also met the owner, and were treated to a couple glasses of home made limoncello.

All in all, I found this restaurant to be a wonderful escape from our business trip, enjoyed a very good meal, and found a new local favorite. Next time I am in Surabaya, I will be back.

• Visited November 2013
“Original and great quality Italian cuisine, a must for food lovers”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Amazing find in Surabaya, a trully gem among many Italian restaurants I have visited. Including in other cities of Indonesia.

I love Italian, and I mean real Italians not the chedar cheese on top imitations that have sprung everywhere lately.

Imagine my suprise when I dig in to find that the owner was none other an acquintance from my university life. Well aside from the pleasant suprise, mind you that I am maintaining my objectivity when writting about food. Coz I love food sooo much. So lets get's to the point shall we

5 great things about Casa Fontana:
1. Glorious food with good price.
Tried the pizza, feel in love at the first bite with the smoked ham and the cheese, they use pecorino cheese or aged parmeasan and good mozarela, love it to the last bite. The rib eye is the second dish that comes out, a 200 g perfectly medium grilled, sheared with just hint of salt just the way I like it. Then comes the Grilled pork so juicy and succulent with creamy mustard sauce (we lick it to the last drop). Whoala, heaven is next door. (Also your doctor for cholesterol check).
For the dessert, we had the mango shorbet and tiramisu, both are excelent. And wash it all up with a cup of black coffee, thick, bitter, and aromatic.

Now the price is not cheap, yet it is not expensive either and it's worth every single cents. The main course cost about Rp 160,000 (15 USD). And appetizer are about Rp 60,000 (5 USD)
I have spent twice for main course in other Italian eateries that taste nowhere near the standard that Casa Fontana offers.
The verdict. Great value for money

2. Location and ambience
Traditional provencial Italian eateries, the design is nothing fanciful but homey, and it works, creating the provencial atmosphere. The crowd involves many die hard fans of loyal expatriates and locale who enjoys good food and beers. It's not a big restaurant, but not too crowded either. The ceiling is high, it successfully avoid the feeling of too luxurious or too fine dining. This is suitable place for family, friend or casual dating over very good food

3. Service
Polite, responsive and quite attentive staffs, but not anoying and haughty. Friendly owners who travel tables to tables to ask the patron about the food. And the food was served fast and warm.

4. Parking spot
Wide parking spots always a great advantage

5. Errrrr Food, well trust me it is very good! Bon apetite