All reviews budget hotel tunjungan plaza fave hotel food court walking distance shower cap strategic location the biggest shopping mall recommend this hotel business area ground floor air con short stay clean hotel convenience store porridge room service
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My staying was for a few days there. I stayed with my sister, and got a nice room. it was okay, and the breakfast served in a restaurant under the hotel. The location is near to Tanjungan Plaza and it makes the place better.
I can't say it was very good, so just give it 3 stars. good place to stay.
no fitness center, no swimming pool

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Widya_Lin
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The hotel didn't disappoint me as I was expecting 'budget'...The facilities are sufficient with the cost. However, the best part for me is the location is in the city. Even the local taxi driver said so...! Want more? Just pay more ;-)

Date of stay: December 2012
5  Thank malinja7
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Me and my partner stayed at the hotel last month for our weekend break and visiting old friends who live in Surabaya. First I booked the hotel for the last minute, and we thought that we only needed place to sleep and near to the plaza only. And the reason that I booked this hotel, because the good friend of mine is the manager of one of Fave Hotel in Bali, so we thought that the service that we will get, would be the same. However, we were wrong!

Indeed, this is best value hotel, and really really good rate! However, yes you can get limited facilities but you cant cut down the service! Even easy one, the smile!

We arrived at the building, wondering where was the lobby??? We had to park our car at the top of the parking lot, then passed the door going to the Lobby, passed the back office (i guess) of the hotel. Well, good impression. Because the picture of the building and explanation was way much different than the actual!

We came around 1 pm at the desk, and there were about 8 people including us. The reception was too serious and tired to smile. And our first impression was, the complained lady who was really furious about something. Finally after waiting for 20 minutes, the receptionist finally noticed us. It took 5 minutes for her to find our booking, which i have handed her the confirmation letter of the booking. Surprising.

Then we went to the room, and the room was small but i must say it was chic and the bed was superb!! That was the only plus thing about this hotel. The bathroom, was enough space, however the shower pressure was not good! The hot water was not stable too.

Everywhere you saw, only small note with the price on it. The price of the water, toothbrush, etc. Funny, but what can I say.

Well, we then of course asked many thing about the city, however seemed that the staff was got no idea, except Tunjungan Plaza.

Breakfast time always become my favorite of every stay at the hotel. We woke up early, and went down to the restaurant. The greeter, she greeted us and only concerned about the breakfast coupon. The buffet choice was not that much, I must say almost nothing! Only the porridge that was great! The rest was nothing but cold food and messy and dirty buffet area. As I was dying for the hot food, so I went to egg corner to order scramble egg and omelet. Then they gave us cold omelet (seriously cold) and dry scramble egg. The coffee only taste like water. You had to fight to get the food or even milk. And finally we decided to had breakfast outside the next days. Do not bother to ask the staff, because they were busy of talking or even watch TV. Seemed that we were invisible.

Anyway, if they put Fun, Fresh and Friendly as their motto, they just 3 words only. Means nothing!

Room tip: get the room with the window. Higher level.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank ChloeJenna
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I miss this hotel a lot. My last stay in this hotel On 2011, but I still remember how I got best value stay in Fave Mex Surabaya.

The hotel located were not far from Tunjungan Plaza made me easy to have leisuring time in Tunjungan Plaza...

My arrival to this hotel were great... The hotel were giving me best service that beyond to my expectation. The room were nice and had a very good design value....

The food were great and the restaurant staff were nice as well....

I hope I can be having the experience of nice hotel stay with Favemex Surabaya.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank 45JimmyS
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Once again I slept in this hotel from 10 - 15 September 2012 (5 nights, 2 rooms : 226 & 239). These rooms had some minus points: small, no window, air conditioner did not work well, bad smell because this room are smoking rooms (front office staffs did not offer non smoking room to me). So it looks like you sleep in a brick ash tray box. I cannot sleep for 2 nights, and made a complaint on 12 September 2012.
Mr. Rocky - the front office manager sent me a letter of apology and upgraded my rooms on the 3rd floor 309 & 3xx). Rooms on this floor are non smoking room, clean, larger and have windows. I satisfied and slept better in this room.

This hotel also has free wifi internet connection but the speed is not too fast. The breakfast is average, not too good. Even the price is not too cheap, Fave claimed as budget hotel so do not expect too much.

Because of the bad experience in the 1st & 2nd night I only give 3 points for this hotel.

Room tip: avoid 6th floor rooms (noisy) and 2nd floor rooms (bad smell). do not forget to ask room with window
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank AlexSantosa
Favemex, Manager at favehotel MEX Surabaya, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments as it helps us to improve. We are currently doing an air refresh on every floor and will pay special attention to our smoking rooms and corridors to ensure a better stay experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip!