“Excellent room and location..”
Review of TS Suites Surabaya

TS Suites Surabaya
Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Surabaya
Medan, Indonesia
“Excellent room and location..”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on 18-19 March 2012. Upon arrival, we got served hot towel and welcome drink. Very impressed with the modern room design. This hotel is smoke-free hotel and we have mini-bar for free and reload every day. Breakfast was good but I think they can improve to be better.
The hotel was attached with Surabaya Town Square (Local people said Sutos). There are a lot of restaurants, cafes and bars around and on weekend they open until midnight.
Overall, I like this hotel. Even for business or leisure.. I surely will come back again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank David381
Albert S, General Manager at TS Suites Surabaya, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Dear Mr. David,
Greetings from Hotel TS Suites Surabaya

We are very much grateful that our Hotel could meet your need during your stay in Surabaya.
We will maintain and improve our services to ensure all our guests are as pleased as you are.
Your input regarding our breakfast is highly appreciated, and we will do our best to improve even better.

Thank you for choosing Hotel TS Suites Surabaya, and we are looking forward to serving you again the next time you are travelling to Surabaya.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
KL
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We arrived at the Surabaya airport after flying with Air Asia. There are 2 semi official taxi booths just outside of the exit and I was charged R90,000 (US$10/-) to goto the hotel, the good thing is they knew exactly which hotel I meant. The trip took around 40min to the hotel, traffic is pretty bad in Surabaya (Not India bad, just busy)

The name Town Square Suites is a bit misleading as the Hotel is not in the heart of the city but a new commercial area called “Town Square” this is not a bad thing.

The hotel lobby apart from being rather small and dark was pleasant and the reception I had upon arrival was prompt and courteous. Getting the room organized was very quick and I would say that in under 3 minutes of entering I was on my way to the room.

I was staying there with my Dad this time so I had a twin room. The first thing that strikes you is the large bathtub, it almost seems a little out of place as the bathroom is also enlarged to suit. It is quaint though and something you remember. The bathroom also becomes the closet room with a safe in it.
The rest of the room includes a flat screen TV, desk and 2 beds. The hotel is new so everything is modern, comfortable and at this time working correctly. Another nice addition is the complimentary bar fridge with comes with a few soft drinks and you get a pack of chips and nuts.

One of the main attractions I would say is that the hotel is part of a large commercial development called Town Square, the commercial side is a large number of restaurants, chemist, supermarket etc.. Basically you’re next door to an integrated shopping mall. This makes up for the lack of food choices in the hotel. We ended up at a restaurant called Savory which was pretty good and cheap.

The bad side of having this next door is that the hotel restaurant that serves breakfast is very plain as they are not overly busy any other time. The selection was limited, some of the supposedly hot food was cold & you need to raid the cereal milk dispenser to have some with your coffee otherwise you have to use powder creamer which for a 4 star hotel is really not on. Anyone who reads my reviews knows I’m a big fan for the breakfast omelet and at TS this was very plain and rather tasteless. I didn’t see any other alternatives in the TS area for breakfast.

Sleeping time was ok, the beds were maybe a tad too soft but nothing really to whine about and I had no problem sleeping, there was no noise in the room either which was pleasant.
No pictures this time, I didn’t stay very long here but I would have no problem coming back as the only real downside was breakfast but the positives of a new hotel coupled with the great choice of restaurants makes up for it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Keith_KL
Dear Mr. Keith,
Greetings from Hotel TS Suites Surabaya.

It is a great pleasure to have you stayed with us.
Our main mission is to ensure our guests are endlessly indulged during their stay in Hotel TS Surabaya as well as within the integrated Surabaya Town Square.
All your compliments and suggestive inputs are highly appreciated.
We will take deep concern to your input about our breakfast service quality.

Again thank you for choosing Hotel TS Suites Surabaya and also for your generous review.
We are looking forward to serve you again when you are travelling to Surabaya.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 26, 2012

TS Suites Hotel is a luxury hotel.
It is located in the central of Surabaya, it does not have a swimming pool but it does have a large bath tub =). I stayed on the 10th floor.
It does have a gym but not that complete. I didn't eat the breakfast so not sure about their quality.
The Positives:
1. The service was superb, very well mannered staff, speaks good English and very caring to its customers.
2. Location is in the middle of the city core so it is good for business man
3. Huge room & bath room
4. Free wi-fi & lan
5. Provide good place to work, simply look like a neat office.
6. Free food and beverages
7. Very clean
The Negatives:
1. Expensive but worth it
2. The room was very big the bed was also big but somehow I am having an issue with sleeping.
3. Noise from Sutos still can be heard but not very bad from the top floor.

The mall itself is a hangout place for youngsters. You will see a lot of them and most of them are fashionable. It is more like a place to eat for me.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Archeons
Albert S, General Manager at TS Suites Surabaya, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Mr,
Greetings from TS Suites Surabaya,
First of all we would like to extend our gratitude for choosing TS Suites Surabaya.

We prepared all the service and facilities for you to experience our Endless Indulgence of TS Suites by our extra thought that makes the difference.

Your compliments and suggestive input towards TS Suites are highly appreciated.
We promise to serve you even better service for the next visit.

Thank you for your generous attention and we are looking forward to serving you again with our warmest welcome at TS Suites Surabaya.
Aalen, Germany
Reviewed January 26, 2012

When I arrived in my room I was overwhelmed. The rooms are amazing nice and perfect clean. Such a bath room I never saw in a hotel before. All employees of the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Everything you like for brakfast is available at breakfast buffet. Minibar was well equipped. Furthermore the hotel is connected to a mall where you can find different kind of restaurants, coffee bars and bars. When I became picked up at the airport by hotels pickup service I already got my room key. There was no need to visit the checkin counter for checkin anymore - great.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Frank Michael R
Albert S, General Manager at TS Suites Surabaya, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Mr. Frank Michael
Warm greetings from Hotel TS Suites Surabaya,

We are grateful that you are pleased with our services and facilities.
Our only concern is your endlessly indulgence during your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing Hotel TS Suites Surabaya, and we are looking forward to serving you again on your next time to Surabaya.
jakarta
Reviewed January 25, 2012

TS is my 2nd home. full smile services, welcomes you with such friendliness , easy access to all kinds of foods, fast foods to gourmet meel, drugstores, clothing store, supermarkets, all in 1 place. Can't find anywhere comparable to this place. Feels like going home all the time I have to stay in Surabaya.

Room Tip: all the rooms are fantastic