“Good choice if looking for a place to stay close to Solo Airport”
Review of Lorin Solo Hotel

Lorin Solo Hotel
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good choice if looking for a place to stay close to Solo Airport”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed at this property for 1 night but have mixed feelings about the place. They claim to be a 5star property but I have seen 3star hotels which are much better. We were put up in the 'new' wing called Lorin Residences which is located among a group of private row villas a fair distance behind the main Lorin Resort. The cute receptionest(Femmy) was very warm & courteous, unlike the receptionest at the main Lorin Resort whole told us to walk to their newly built wing (Which shocked even the Resort's own Concierge).

The room was average for a 5star property. And the biggest letdown was the bathroom drain, or the lack of it being able to drain water. So had to put up with a mini flood in the bathroom whenever I took a shower.

The location is fairly close to Adi Sumarmo Airport(IDR55000 flat fare) but fairly far away from the city, around IDR25000 to Solo Paragon.

Truth be told, I would stay at this property again provided the price is right and the room has no hidden surprises.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I was here 15 years ago and was very impressed withy the hotel that was ex Sheraton.

Been to Solo so many times over the past years but never returned here. Since tripadvisor time, I could read that many guests were disappointed with the run down facilities. But it was still rated to be number 6 to 8 in the rank of hotels in Solo.

I am with my family and now in one of the rooms. Could have trusted with the review but wanted to try and enjoying the memorabilia of 15 year ago when my wife was pregnant. It was clean, nice and serene..

Now the review:
First coming for the Lobby, it was good huge and pretty clean though aging. Coming to the deluxe room. First impression, SMELLY of rotten parquet floor and old mattress. The sheet and duvet do not reflect 5 star standard. OLD, tired and shabby. The floor is so DUSTY. It's like hasn't been moped for the past 1 or 2 weeks. So I refused the room and was asking for a better room.

Had look for a more expensive room. The executive. Bigger and not smelly. A bit better in facility. I had to ask for the duvet cover to be changed. they look tired and old though it's clean. Started to enjoy the room, but the AC (aircon) is just not cold.

Have to ask for another room replacement. This is going to be the 3rd room in 3.5hours. Wanted to relax bit pretty much it's much a waste of time..

Next time? Better NOT!! If they don't provide us with a good room we will just check out and move to a better hotel.

What a PITY!! Beautiful estate but the rooms are NOT maintained up to the 5 stars standard. It should be 3plus due to the CLEAN and NICE swimming pool. Food is OK not so pricy for Jakarta standard. I guess just time for a total renovation..

7th March 2014

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Daniel H

Travelers are raving about these Solo hotels

Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Cheap rate for a resort, but I’ve got one bedroom and one spacious guest room. Staff at the front office was a little bit slow, but I enjoyed here. This hotel is my favourite hotel in Solo so far, even though is kinda old.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The first thing that struck me was the musty odour when I entered the room. I had to leave the balcony door open the whole day to get rid of the smell.
Secondly, the air-conditioner was set at 24 degrees Celsius and could not be lowered-this was adequate during the current rainy season but may not be cool enough on a hot day.
Thirdly, the water from the bathroom tap and shower was stained black on my last day.
This hotel needs a major refurbishment.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ibnibatutta
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 18, 2014

my husband, my son and I are staying at Lor In Solo when I write this comment... we are in family trip for a family reason in Solo and chosen to stay here out of the 2 other options simply because I went to their site and found out that there's a kids' spa/treatment - so the three of us could have a relaxing moment together without having the hassle of putting the kid into a kids club or hiring a nanny or such… we booked through Agoda.
we arrived to an empty lobby – very late check at 5am the next morning, in since we were caught in traffic in several areas from Puncak Bogor to Solo – there was only receptionist and no bellman. Perhaps it is normal due to the arrival time however, we expected a 5star property would have a standby bellman at any time… but we were thankful to Sartono the bellman who turned out to be a great guy, thank you pak Tono! However, we were quite surprised when we arrived in our room 5108 – there are (still) 2 leakages (1 in bathroom + 1 in bedroom alley), the aircon is (still) noisy, the water is (still) not hot at all, and the locks to the doors (both front & back) were not working properly… well, since we were so exhausted (my husband & I were driving in turns for hours) all we wanted to do was to get a good sleep and changing room would cost an extra delay to the sleep… there’s no in-room dining menu anywhere in the room – there’s even no guest service directory available… but the response was quick from the in-room dining staffs so it was OK and they also helped us in contacting the engineering team. Our breakfast & engineering staff came quick, he showed us the “trick” on locking the doors, checked the leaks (he said that there’s a condensation) and he fixed the hot water… it was working that morning but when we woke up 5 hours later, it went back to cold…!! We had to turned off the aircon anyway since it was still noisy when we tried to sleep…
anyway, the day started to get better… our lunch at Sasono Bujono resto was a success – my husband ordered a tongseng kambing and it was very delicious and soft! Bravo! Two thumbs up also for Giovina and Hendra, who had made my son’s day a happy day  while waiting at the LC Lounge in the afternoon, my son & I also thanked Unik who had been my son’s “chocolate angel” today… but please do something with the army of mosquitos… ouch!!! You may want to change the plants to kayu putih or lavender or geranium, seriously !!! and we finally get to enjoyed the family spa treatments yay! The three of us had a wonderful 1.5hours bliss together – thanks to Lia and her spa ladies! Your brilliant idea on having a kids’ spa facility is a success !!! but perhaps you may want to change the song played during the treatment – sorry, we did not enjoy the gamelan during a relaxing moment… but overall, it was a wonderful experience! And thank you to the hot water you have in the spa – we finally had a hot shower after treatment!
To the management, you have a priceless human resources, but we think you need to improve the property quality – we have been informed that there’s a renovation in place for the building so we hope, when we return (soon I hope!) we would see the “new and better” Lor In Solo…

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank eoneiwan
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed December 20, 2013

First time check in was smooth.
Everything was great.
My room was huge and the Housekeeping clean it everyday.

The breakfast was amazing.
A lot of choices.

the environment inside the hotel was amazing also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed at Lor in Solo during our family vacation on early November 2013. I didn't expect too much, as the rate is really affordable for a resort. And thank God, i made a right decision.

Good things :
Lor In resort is really huge, they had a beautiful garden, large swimming pool, fitness center, restaurant, coffee shop and spa. We booked the executive room with balcony, not far from lobby and restaurant. Though the location wasn't close to main of Solo's attractions, it's not a big problem since Solo is a small city. My parents enjoyed their relax time here.The staffs was very helpful and fast response.

Bad things :
I don't like their breakfast here. The variety was okay, but they had no taste. I also found fungus on my bread. Need improvement.

For another trip to Solo, we absolutely will come back to this hotel. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family