“A Lovely Surprise in the Closet”

The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection
Ranked #4 of 61 Hotels in Solo
Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
“A Lovely Surprise in the Closet”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was my second time I stayed there because the first time my sisters and I stay there, we were impressed with the new staff struggling to be helpful and the rooms were cozy and the location was in the heart of Solo. We could ride becaks there to Solo's great batik center. So we decided to get our whole big family came there again for the Lebaran holidays. We had a blast together there, swimming and having breakfast together.
The hotel had a beautiful javanese traditional touch and what I liked there, was to find a ironing table with the iron, in the closet. It was very helpful during our big family stay there.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are very spacious and living room area is nice if you bring children and have l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NinukWiryonoWirawan
Andi A, Front Office Manager at The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Bu Ninuk

We are really happy knowing you were enjoy our hotel, and spacious room, Thank you for telling anything about our hotel and really nice pictures.

We will share your comment to our team.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
JAKARTA
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for two nights. 9-11th of August 2013. Booked the Executive Room. My husband and two sons enjoyed the spacious room and comfy bed. The Staff were very attentive, friendly and always alert to our needs. One disappointment was the pool area. They shud have a kids pool. The upper tops of the tables werent ready yet, due to the glass tops being repaired, made it hard to drink and relax by the pool thing. Other than that. Everything was decent and respectable. Would surely comeback. Many thanks to Putera(sales manager) he had helped in so many ways.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank EWIDORETNO
Andi A, Manager at The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Bu Ewidoretno

Thank you for staying and enjoy in our spacious executive room and happy for our staff attentiveness , We are really regret to hear you are not happy at pool area also pool for kids,
We are waiting for your next visiting in our hotel and will be nice to serve you and family again.

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The hotel has a pretty design, located in the Solo city center which you can just walk accross to the batik market. Hotel employee was helpfull and friendly. Room was nice and comfort, our kids like it very much.

Room Tip: higher floor to have a view to solo city
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeane T
Andi A, Front Office Manager at The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Bu Jean Tiolemba

Thank you for staying and enjoy our hotel, We are happy to hear you like our hotel design, also nice to know your children was happy stayed in our hotel, we are waiting for your next coming.
Bangkok
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel is very beautiful, from the lobby to the rooms. The beds are huge, the decor in the rooms welcoming and impressive. My biggest complaint was that I could not get hot water, merely lukewarm. I tried at various hours of the day and night. Several other guests complained about this, but other guests had plenty of hot water.

The pool was small, but the gym was nice. It had a full set of free weights, not just a few small dumbbells.

The hotel restaurant was not up to par. Breakfast was barely adequate, dinner very substandard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan B
Andi A, Front Office Manager at The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Mr.Bonobo

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the The Royal Surakarta Heritage. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Andi.A
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a beautiful design, u can find in the lobby. The rooms is comfort to sleep. With king size bedroom, but the carpet is smelly because of wet.
The taste of food is standard. Service is good. The strong point from this hotel is design.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Fnras
Andi A, Front Office Manager at The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Mr.Fnras

Thank you for staying at our hotel and enjoy your sleep well, we are in action to follow up carpet and will improve our food taste, really nice to hear you have nice service and happy with hotel design.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Recently stay in the newly re-branded hotel from Best Western Premier to The Royal Surakarta Heritage by Accor (later by MGallery). The main difference is Accor make only slight changes in the interior.

1.Check-in Process
Take a little bit longer, and no welcome drink. 3/5.

2.Hospitality
Their main strength, in my opinion is Hospitality - Top Notch, but in my opinion all hotel in Surakarta area, have a same hospitality - Javanese persons naturally have a good hospitality. 4/5.

3.Location
Location is top notch too near the main attraction of solo, Galabo, Pasar Klewer, Beteng Trade Center, Kauman Batik Village and Palace. But if you want to shopping/eat at shopping mall-you must take a cab, as hotel not connected to shopping mall. 4/5.

4.Lobby Area
Small-medium sized with full ethnic feeling. 3/5.

5.Room
Beware some room have inner building view, and standard room is small, but my room have a back area view. The bed is only queensized-not kingsized, and Air Conditioner is very noisy. 2/5.

6.Bathroom
Just lukewarm water-no hot water, but the shower is very powerful. Bathroom sized is relatively small too. 3/5.

7. Room Amenities
They only provide 1 sandals - must call to housekeeping if you want more, and it's takes times. No newspaper sent to your room in the morning. 2/5.

8.Parking Area
Small parking area, some car must parking in area in road in front of hotel in high season. 3/5.

9.Breakfast
Traditional food served here is nasi pecel. When in Solo, I expected that traditional food must be nasi liwet. Others are Bakery Corner, Fried Rice, Jamu (herbal drink), etc. One thing that disappointing me: NO Free Espresso here (must pay if you want it), even in 3 star hotel I got free unlimited espresso. 1/5.

10.Value/Price
For USD 62 nett the price is cheap, but compare to other hotel in Solo, their price is pretty expensive. 2/5.

10.Overall Experience
I choose to stay in this mediocre hotel because I expected "Royalty Experience". But they fail to deliver me Royalty Experience, just like to stay in common 3/4 star hotel. The brand bring my expectation high. 1/5.

Recommended: Maybe Yes, but don't expect too high - it just a mediocre 3/4 star hotel.
Return To Sleep: No.

As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.

Room Tip: Absolutely room with a outside view - they have some room that have a inner building view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank FSB_81
Dear Sir

I really appreciate that your good comment regarding the Hotel situated closed to main attraction that is a choice from some of our Guest who would like to explore Solo.

I will share your comments and suggestions regarding the service and facilities to all our Manager and make sure to improve in a better way.

Best Regards

I will be happy to meet you during your next stay.
jakarta
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 night.. I came with my husband and two daughters to see Batik Solo Carnival. This hotel has very strategic location. Right in the corner of two main street in Solo (Jl. Slamet Riyadi & Jl. Sudirman). So it was easy to see the Carnival. This was my third visit to Solo, before I always stayed in Novotel but then i chose The Royal Surakarta Heritage Hotel because of the location. It's just walking distance to visit Kampung Kauman (A Batik Village), Sultan Palace, Klewer & Gede Market, also to PGS & BTC (Solo Groceries Center).
The service of the hotel was excellent, everyone are welcoming you with a bright smile. The breakfast menu is tasty. The hotel give free for my two little kids also with the dinner buffet, they also can join the dinner for free..
The room is well maintance, for the executive one, it has seperate living room and also two television. The bathroom is large with a bathup. I got twin bed but it could be shifted so when it's combined, it become a very large bed.
But we couldn't enjoy the swimming pool because it's adult pool and there're no kiddy pool or kids club.

Room Tip: chose the city view room, it would be nice..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Selviana
Andi A, Front Office Manager at The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Ibu Selviana

Thank you for choosing The Royal Surakarta Heritage Solo, We are happy to hear you have nice experience in our hotel and make our hotel is best choice in town, regarding to swimming pool and kids club we are considering to have it, especially for family trip.
We will always maintain our room to exceed guest expectation in our hotel and we are waiting you and your family to come again at our hotel.