“one of a kind”

Rumah Batu Villa & Spa
Ranked #14 of 61 Hotels in Solo
“one of a kind”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

very nice hotel, comfortable, make me want to stay longer. I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights, arrived in the middle of the night, but still, even with minimum light, the hotel was very lovely and nice. one of a kind. The bed was nice, comfortable. and the scenery of the hotel was amazing. We had a 'light' travel to Solo and hideaway from our job for a while, and stayed here was just perfect, very private, nice decoration, friendly staff. The minus of this hotel was the breakfast only have an average taste, Not bad but average. For us, this hotel is highly recommended.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
rumahbatu, Front Office Manager at Rumah Batu Villa & Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear cuteelephant

Good morning
Warm greeting from Rumah Batu Villa & Spa

Thank you for your positive review on tripadvisor. I will share your comment to my team.
I took good note on your comments related to breakfast taste. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
We always working day by day to improve our quality and definitely.

Again, thank you for your contribution and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Regards

Rumah Batu Villa & Spa
Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Oberwil, Switzerland
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was one of the best B&B's we stayed in during our 4 week trip to Indonesia. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room we had was functional, spacious and neatly decorated. Breakfast is average, but good. Dinner is not really exiting, but the restaurant as such is like going to an exibition, there are so many interesting thing to watch. The owner told us the story behind the name of the guesthouse and how she and her husband had collected the materials (wood) in the countryside, hence the fantastic design. I had a massage which was good and professional. The atmosphere in general is very pleasant. The place is quiet, but far out in the countryside.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
rumahbatu, Front Office Manager at Rumah Batu Villa & Spa, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Karin1947
Oberwil, Switzerland

Thank you for the best review.
Again, thank you for your contribution
Regards

penang
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I did a solo trip but wanted to pamper myself for the first night so I picked this spot in Solo. It was the most charming hotel I've ever stayed in. It didnt cost too much but the rooms and facilities were top notch. I also went for a massage which was affordable and also really hit the spot after a long day of travelling. Its also a little far from the main Solo city so its nice and quiet. Only the food I found could use a little improvement. Apart from that I really enjoyed my one night stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
rumahbatu, Manager at Rumah Batu Villa & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear dianealbee88
penang

Thank you for sharing your review of the hotel on TripAdvisor! We are always very happy to hear that we have meet expectations.
Please accept my apologies for the food, we always working to improve our quality and definitely
We are looking forward to your next visit and hopefully it would be pleasant as previous one

Semarang
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has different concept with nice garden and plants. Furnitures are using mostly teak wood and stone wall. The room is good and relatively big. If you want to be relax, try to find different thing, I really recommend this hotel. I like this hotel very much.

Stayed November 2013
Dear Fadhly S
Semarang

Thank you for your positive feedback and comment, I will share your comment to my team. We always working day by day to improve our quality and definitely. We hope to have pleasure to welcome you again in Rumah Batu !

Warm Regards,
Rumah Batu and team
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

What a nice surprise! We picked this place 'cuz we wanted to stay somewhere new & not expensive. It is in Solobaru, meaning 'new' Solo, which is a suburb area in Solo. But surrounded by rice fields, it was a nice change of pace.
The decor is modern with a touch of Javanese, simple yet charming. Every room has a balcony to lounge in and mostly facing the swimming pool. The property is well maintained and dotted with trees all around, making it feels lush & cool.
They also have a restaurant that serves lunch & dinner, but we only tried the breakfast which was so-so and nothing to rave about.
The overall service is very good & personable, although the spa is rather average. We booked the shiatsu massage, the essential oil they use is very nice, but the massage itself could be better.
Overall, for the price they offered, this place is quite excellent for a B&B and a nice change of pace than the usual hotels. Wouldn't hesitate coming back here again.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floor rooms with balconies facing the pool, killer view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laksari M
RumahBatu01, Manager at Rumah Batu Villa & Spa, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Laksari M
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia

Warm greeting from Rumah Batu villa & Spa

amsterdam
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I traveled to Solo together with my husband, in-laws and 2 friends to visit families in Solo. Even though my husband and I stayed only for a night, my friends and in-laws stayed there a bit longer and all of us were very happy and we were satisfied by the whole experience.

The staffs were very helpful, friendly and professional. The rooms were neat and clean, very modern yet very Indonesian and my bed was very comfortable.

Overall, the hotel is really cozy. It has modern Javanese style and it is really green everywhere. The food that is served at the restaurant is also delicious and we loved their steak Nyonya :D
We all went for the spa and it was excellent! I definitely will come back here when I visit Solo :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear mooierd
amsterdam

Warm greeting from Rumah Batu

Warm Regards,
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at Rumah Batu for a few day and really LOVED the place. Just looking at the pictures got me excited already, but staying there was a highlight of my trip. The rooms are excellent, the place is beautifully decorated and the food is very good! Really hope to have a chance to go back there soon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Maarten W
rumahbatu, General Manager at Rumah Batu Villa & Spa, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Mrs. Stephanie J
Adelaide, Australia

thank you for your good review for us Mrs. Stephanie J
we will gladly share your good review to all staff and management
we hope you and others can recommend about us to your friend or family,

and of course we looking forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Solo.
enjoy the best atmosphere at Rumah Batu.