“Good quality budget hotel...”

favehotel Solo Baru
Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Solo
Semarang, Indonesia
“Good quality budget hotel...”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This time, I would like to share my recent experience in staying at Fave Hotel Solo Baru this past weekend. The hotel is located in one of the prime areas in Solo (called Solo Baru) and it is just located across from the newest shopping mall, The Park. We arrived in the hotel in late evening that night and check-in time was a bit slow as the hotel receptionist was trying to find my room reservation I had made through a travel agent earlier that afternoon.

Within 15 minutes upon our arrival, we entered our room in 10th floor. Our room was a bit small but it was slightly cleaner than the one we stayed in the city nearby. We're quite disappointed to find stained bed sheet but since we were tired and sleepy, we didn't bother to call the front desk. Bathroom condition was okay.

However, we could not get a good night sleep that evening due to motorcycle noise outside the hotel. I guess the noise was being contributed to poor soundproof. Breakfast was better than expected and this fact is the only reason why I was giving a three stars' rating for this hotel.

Overall, I would like to recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for inexpensive hotels in Solo Baru's area. Another selling point is its location which is just across from The Park and Hartono's Mall.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main road as the room has no soundproof at all
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Sistho S, General Manager at favehotel Solo Baru, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Bambang S,
Thank you for Your positive comment. YES, We are in the most perfect location and the condition of the breakfast is another bonus for You as we have upgraded the all menus since beginning of this year. We appreciate both positive and negative comments and know that Your observations are reviewed by me and my management as We constantly strive to improve.
Again, thank you for sharing Your experience and I hope You will give us another try in the future so We have the opportunity to welcome You back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Batam, Indonesia
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I am travelling and stay with my extended family. We book 5 rooms and it was a great experience. All the staff are helpful and friendly. The location itself is strategic because its next to business centre and close to 2 malls and 1 hypermarket. Many chinese and local food restaurant are nearby.
The only cons is you need to cross the busy street to get to the mall.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lexact
Sistho S, General Manager at favehotel Solo Baru, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello lexact,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. fave hotel Solo Baru is delighted to read that You liked our property, appreciated the easy access to the shopping center and particularly value of service. We will share Your comment with our team and We look forward to welcoming You again soon to fave hotel Solo Baru.
Ungaran, Indonesia
Reviewed April 3, 2014

It's a hotel with a minute walk to the newest mall - The Park in Solo. Room is clean, good bed for perfect sleep, good service. My kid loves to the room, Room services are considered cheap and delicious.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello Marthe0903,
Thank you for Your Trip advisor comment. YES, We are in the most perfect location and the room service was another BONUS for You and Your family. We are super happy that You enjoyed your stay and for sure I will share Your comment with our team in here. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at Your service and I look forward to welcoming You again soon to fave hotel Solo Baru.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed last night, it was my second visit. The hotel is nice, brand new with minimalist decoration. The rooms are small but well equipped with TV, free wifi internet and individual air conditioning.
The bathroom is quite small but has a nice shower with good water pressure/heating.
The only I fund a little bit not prepared properly were the guest toiletries, they only provided a toothbrush...

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sistho S, General Manager at favehotel Solo Baru, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Hello Eoni-Leon (Jakarta, Indonesia),
Fave hotel Solo Baru is really delighted to read that You liked our minimalist decoration, value of the room and the free internet access is a BONUS for You...
I will share Your comments with our team. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at Your service and We look forward to welcoming You back again soon to fave hotel Solo Baru..
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at other fave hotels, but it was my first stay at fave solo baru.. I have to say, fave solo baru has unique taste in interior design... Unlike other fave hotels, I like the feeling I get when I was there...
Excellent location, superb service, and affordable price... Great combination!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Edwinadams,

Thank you for Your FANTASTIC trip advisor comment !!
YES We are in the most perfect location and the services plus the price is a BONUS for You...
Again, thank you for sharing Your memorable experience and I hope You will give us another try in the future so We have the opportunity to welcome You back...With very warm regards from management of fave hotel Solo Baru
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

this is my first stay at fave hotel solo baru, i will say that it one stop for all at this hotel. there are two mall and it the best mall in town just by walk, and around the hotel you can easily found mini market, cafe, restaurants of any kind of foods and also "lesehan" even a gas station there....staff are friendly especially the security guy. overall i am very please there...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Sistho S, General Manager at favehotel Solo Baru, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Hello Adi B (Jakarta, Indonesia),
Thank you for your Trip advisor comment. YES We are in the most perfect location and the staff's friendliness is a BONUS for You..
I will share Your comment with our team. It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at Your service and We look forward to welcoming You again soon to fave Hotel Solo Baru..
Reviewed February 6, 2014

this is my second staying here in fave hotel solo baru. the first time i arrived , a front office on duty, named aga is so helpfull. offering us a perfect price, a real warm solution. appreciate it so much. the room is quite small but clean. the duvet is good and the water run well. over all, this hotel is a good choice while you are in solo. wish my next staying here i will enjoy the same service, the same hospitality and the same helpfull staff

Room Tip: higher floor will be better
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Inike rahmawati,
Hello..!!! We are so happy to read your comment at Trip advisor. Thank you for your positive feedback of our hotel. We are very pleased that You enjoyed your stay.
With very warm regards from management of fave hotel Solo Baru