“Simply the best in town!”

Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Solo
Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“Simply the best in town!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Since the first time my children and I experienced the swimming pool, they always ask me to go back and back again to The Sunan Solo. I love the warm bread pudding on breakfast. and my friend just got married on 23 of Feb, 2013. And the dinner menu were awesome. The air co was still cold even when the ballroom was full.

Parking Space was also spacious, while on that same time they had 2 weddings. That's cool. Employees were so friendly. My son were losing his favorite thomas in the swimming pool, and one of the staf directly went to look for long stick and helped him.

U really should experience this property!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IndraWibowo, Executive Assistant Manager Sales & Marketing at The Sunan Hotel Solo, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Ms Merlin,

Thank you, for taking the time to share your experience and staying with us during your recent vacation & wedding invitation at The Sunan Hotel Solo.

It was such a joy for us to read that your expectations were exceeded. That is our ultimate goal with each one of our guests at our hotel.

I gave the information to our Chef that you enjoyed your warm bread pudding on breakfast with us. We were very happy to help your vacation during stay at our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Sunan Hotel Solo some time in the near future by online reservation at www.TheSunanHotelSolo.com.

The Sunan Hotel Solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

As i stayed with my family for my own leisure purposes this hotel offered the best prices compare with others 4 stars hotel in solo. Not only best prices they prove it withservices quality and facilities....great swimming pool and variety of breakfast combine modern and traditional food coloring my previous vacation. Extremely so sensational and i will stay more often here....cheers

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Mr Putu Wijaya,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your incredible experience at The Sunan Hotel Solo.

Your detailed account was truly inspiring to read. I have passed your positive feedback onto our entire team at hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back as part of our Sunan's family

Kalimantan
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Last Saturday, Feb 16th 2013, my family had excellent experience. Me & my parents came to KLA Project Live In Concert at The Sunan Hotel.

Our family love KLA Project. Because KLA Project had The Legend of Song with title Yogyakarta. For us, Yogyakarta is the legend of city. Beside Yogyakarta, Solo is the legend of city too. Our family love Yogyakarta & Solo.

In solo city, we choose The Sunan Hotel as our accomodation. Why we choose this hotel ?
Because :
1.       The Venue of KLA Project (Live in concert) at The Sunan Hotel
2.       TripAdvisor (as the best travel website) gave the recommendation The Sunan Hotel as No.1 Hotel in Solo. First, we click TripAdvisor.com. The Second, we search SOLO INDONESIA HOTEL. And then we find The Sunan Hotel as No.1 Hotel in Solo. After that, we click Hotel Website to make online reservation. For my family, TripAdvisor is the greatest travel website.

I will recommend TripAdvisor to all my network and all travellers.
I will recommend The Sunan Hotel to all my network and all travellers

Thank you so much for our excellent experience !!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Ms Vania Larisa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at The Sunan Hotel Solo.

I am glad to hear that if you & your family love the concert of KLA Project at The Sunan Hotel Solo. And i am glad to hear that your overall experience with us was a positive one.

Excellent service is what we strive to be known for, I am therefore pleased that you acknowledged the efficiency and professionalism of our team members.

We hope you will come again to next stay at our hotel by our online reservation at www.TheSunanHotelSolo.com.

We are looking forward to having you and your friends as our guests again in the near future.

Denpasar Bali
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had great experience during my staying at this hotel. The breakfast menu was so many of variants, the staff were so friendly and very helpful. My children loved to swim all the time, because the pool is so large and the environtment had a cozy atmosphere. I got a special price from online booking official hotel website. Me and some friends having some fun at the Music Room. its really easy to connect to centre of the city. I would come back again one day to stay here, and I recommend this hotel for family or business trip.

Room Tip: Choose a room with swimming pool view, it was nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms Dara Tirta,

Thank you, for sharing your experience and choosing The Sunan Hotel Solo.

We are so happy to hear that we met your expectations.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will be looking at ways to make our service and facilities more visible.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The Sunan Hotel Solo.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed for 1 night with our family. The rooms are nice and comfortable, the pool is wonderful although a huge airconditioning unit besides it does not make it comfortable to sit outside to relax. A breakfast they offer a large selection of pastries, traditional Indonesian dishes and fruits. The dinner was not too good. The staff makes a real effort to give good service, but serving the wine was a problem, and the taste of the food was very average. They tested the music in the "music room" during our diner, just for a few minutes, but we know now that you don't want to be staying there when there is a performance in there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ms Noelle H,

Warmest Greeting from The Sunan Hotel Solo.

Thank you for your time sharing your experience while staying at The Sunan Hotel Solo.

Apologize for the inconvenience you had while staying with us, I already do action for the taste of food menu for dinner and music room.

Once again thank you for your input because its could assist us to be better and always improved.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

The receptionist by the name of Dina was behaving unpolitely and did not even greet me nicely when i was checking in into the Hotel...and beware with the promo published by this hotel via any other internet site..there will be a hidden cost that you will be charged on top of the agreed rate...i was having a big argument with the marketing manager of this hotel because i felt cheated by the promo created by him..remember to read the terms and conditions of this hotel's promo because the promo is very tricky..my suggestion is try not to stay in this hotel..both hotel n service are sucks...the marketing manager did not even try to find a solution over the occured problem...what a service? The least he can do is trying to convince me to pay the hidden cost...

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank fitzy2387
Dear Ms Fitriana,

Warmest Greeting from The Sunan Hotel Solo,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience while staying with us.

Regarding your comment toward the attitude of our receptionist had been follow up and we already inform all staff to give the best service to all customer and not to differentiate one and another customers.

In connection with the promotion in “Livingsocial.co.id” actually there is no hidden prices but We appologize for inconvenience matters that happen last time

Once again, thank you for your input regarding our service, looking forward to served you here again at The Sunan Hotel Solo.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on January 25 - 27 January 2013, and i found this is a great hotel. The bedroom was so cozy with comfortable bed. Bathroom was nice. Overall, the room was nice and comfortable. I am lil bit surprise I can find hotel like this in a city like Solo. And I like the breakfast too especially local food named Nasi Liwet. That was my first time eat it and I enjoyed it so much. The hotel is absolutely recommended if you go to Solo city

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr Indra P,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Sunan Hotel Solo and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am extremely pleased to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to The Sunan Hotel Solo some time in the near future.