“Awesome”

Ranked #12 of 61 Hotels in Solo
Chennai (Madras), India
“Awesome”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Breakfast menu to be improved in vegeterian dishes.Bar menu Choices for whisky and hard liquor to be increased.In room food menu can have many more choices including vegeterians dishes.Automatic drinks machine can be installed.

Room Tip: Excellent corner room. Increase in room literature about hotel details. magazine
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels

Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear vikingtours1,

Thank you for taking the time to stay with us in Novotel Solo, and to provide your comments here on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased your enjoyed your corner room, along with our hotel facilities. I appreciate your comments regarding vegetarian selection, and our Chef is reviewing this.

We wish you safe onward travels, and sincerely hope you have the opportunity to visit Indonesia, Central Java and Solo again soon.

Brian Townsend

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Novotel Solo, located at its best in the city. I went there for couple of times with friends, family and spouse. They have a bar too, the room was alright as expected for its class. The lobby and the pastry they have at the lobby were great and the lounge music sometimes play good live show performance. I had so many memories with this hotel where I first met my lover unexpectedly on his business trip while i was on holiday with some girl friends. The staffs were alright, the swimming pool and the breakfast quiet alright with many varieties. This hotel is recommended for both business and pleasure. Will surely come back again when in town.

Room Tip: i didn't really care where they place me slong as not heading to the hotel wall.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Laura L,

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay in Novotel Solo, and certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

I will provide your comments to my team, and I am sure will encourage them to continue to strive for excellent guest service.

Wishing you safe travels in the future.

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I like this hotel , its clean its spaceyus ..in one word ..its NOVOTEL ...the staff was friendly and helpfull as much as posible ..but if the connection is bad from provider ..ok I can understand ..hopfully it will run better next time !
The breakfast is a party with so much different kind of foods !

Room Tip: Maybe ask some distance from elevator and the main street .
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Herman-Buyle,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Novotel Solo, and we appreciate your feedback.

We strive to always deliver the best possible service, and this reinforces the teams great work to date. I note your comments on our internet speed - we do have a dedicated link to our provider, yet it is true that the connection to the hotel is dependant on the stability of our provider. I have personally spoken to them, and we will continue to monitor the speed of our Free Wi-Fi facility.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future; safe travels.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on Feb 21, 2014. Stayed with my friend, for one night only. Because we need to go to Yogyakarta again for the next day.

First of all, I think Novotel Solo is one of the best hotel in Solo, maybe the number one, dunno about that for sure.
The hotel is great, new and modern building with nice furnishings. Spacious lobby.

Room:
Room is ok, quite big. And the bed also comfortable. Don't have any complaint about that.
With all the stars hotel bedroom facilities.
Aircon works well, didn't hear any noisy from other rooms or streets.

Bathroom:
Also ok. No complaint at all.

Breakfast: Hmm, as far as I remember, I was expecting the breakfast more nice. But its ok, ya just ok. Varieties of food ok. But for the taste, I expecting more.

Location:
Novotel Solo located in the same area with Ibis Hotel Solo. Actually you can go directly to Hotel Ibis from this hotel. And located in one of the main street in Solo. No complaint about the location. Accessible!

Facilities:
This hotel have swimming pools, and also fitness center.
But unfortunately, I didn't try both of the pools or gym. I'm so lazy that time, just want to rest at the room. Hehehe..
But you can swim at the Novotel swimming pool, also at Ibis hotel. But at that time, the swimming pool at Ibis didn't open yet because of the ashes that time, after the volcano eruption.
Gym center is ok, although I didn't try but I visit the gym for a while back then. If you just need to catch up for the self refreshment at the gym, its ok.

For sure, I love and enjoyed my visit to Solo. So, big possibilities I will go to Solo again in the future, and definitely I will stay at Novotel Solo again. Recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear BarneyAlexander,

My team and I were very pleased to have welcomed you to Novotel Solo, and indeed Central Java. We also thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased you had the opportunity to relax and enjoy during your February trip; don't worry, the gym and swimming pools can remain for your next trip. Our location is definitely one of the best in Solo, as is our team of service professionals.

I note your comment regarding the breakfast and the swimming pool closure. I am pleased to update you that we continually review our breakfast and have made many changes since February; we hope you will agree on your next stay. As for the swimming pool, everything has returned to normal now and we apologise the inconvenience caused by the eruption.

BarneyAlexander, we are grateful for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Solo in the near future.

Safe travels,