“The wifi connection could be faster ..for the rest superbe !”
Review of Novotel Solo

Ranked #11 of 61 Hotels in Solo
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
“The wifi connection could be faster ..for the rest superbe !”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I like this hotel , its clean its spaceyus ..in one word ..its NOVOTEL ...the staff was friendly and helpfull as much as posible ..but if the connection is bad from provider ..ok I can understand ..hopfully it will run better next time !
The breakfast is a party with so much different kind of foods !

Room Tip: Maybe ask some distance from elevator and the main street .
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Herman-Buyle,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Novotel Solo, and we appreciate your feedback.

We strive to always deliver the best possible service, and this reinforces the teams great work to date. I note your comments on our internet speed - we do have a dedicated link to our provider, yet it is true that the connection to the hotel is dependant on the stability of our provider. I have personally spoken to them, and we will continue to monitor the speed of our Free Wi-Fi facility.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future; safe travels.

Kind regards,

Novotel Solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on Feb 21, 2014. Stayed with my friend, for one night only. Because we need to go to Yogyakarta again for the next day.

First of all, I think Novotel Solo is one of the best hotel in Solo, maybe the number one, dunno about that for sure.
The hotel is great, new and modern building with nice furnishings. Spacious lobby.

Room:
Room is ok, quite big. And the bed also comfortable. Don't have any complaint about that.
With all the stars hotel bedroom facilities.
Aircon works well, didn't hear any noisy from other rooms or streets.

Bathroom:
Also ok. No complaint at all.

Breakfast: Hmm, as far as I remember, I was expecting the breakfast more nice. But its ok, ya just ok. Varieties of food ok. But for the taste, I expecting more.

Location:
Novotel Solo located in the same area with Ibis Hotel Solo. Actually you can go directly to Hotel Ibis from this hotel. And located in one of the main street in Solo. No complaint about the location. Accessible!

Facilities:
This hotel have swimming pools, and also fitness center.
But unfortunately, I didn't try both of the pools or gym. I'm so lazy that time, just want to rest at the room. Hehehe..
But you can swim at the Novotel swimming pool, also at Ibis hotel. But at that time, the swimming pool at Ibis didn't open yet because of the ashes that time, after the volcano eruption.
Gym center is ok, although I didn't try but I visit the gym for a while back then. If you just need to catch up for the self refreshment at the gym, its ok.

For sure, I love and enjoyed my visit to Solo. So, big possibilities I will go to Solo again in the future, and definitely I will stay at Novotel Solo again. Recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear BarneyAlexander,

My team and I were very pleased to have welcomed you to Novotel Solo, and indeed Central Java. We also thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased you had the opportunity to relax and enjoy during your February trip; don't worry, the gym and swimming pools can remain for your next trip. Our location is definitely one of the best in Solo, as is our team of service professionals.

I note your comment regarding the breakfast and the swimming pool closure. I am pleased to update you that we continually review our breakfast and have made many changes since February; we hope you will agree on your next stay. As for the swimming pool, everything has returned to normal now and we apologise the inconvenience caused by the eruption.

BarneyAlexander, we are grateful for your feedback and sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Solo in the near future.

Safe travels,

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed May 8, 2014

It was a nice hotel, i asked for connecting room and it was given to me as well. The hotel is connected with the Ibis Solo, therefore they share the facilities. Unfortunately, the Ibis' Swimming Pool was closed so a lot of people were using the Novotel's Swimming Pool. The toilet nearby the restaurant was VERY DIRTY. I found a lot of cigarettes butts and ashes nearby the toilet bowl, quite disgusting. But the rest are OK..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Seruni P,

On behalf of my team, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Solo, and certainly appreciate your feedback. This is important to us, as it allows us continual improvement in our service and facilities.

As you highlighted, our ibis Swimming Pool was closed and for this we apologise. This was due to our refreshment of this area, which incorporate the repair and re-vanishing of timber decking and furniture, along with new umbrellas and pool maintenance. I do sincerely apologise for this inconvenience, yet I am certain you will like the upgraded facilities.

In reference to the toilets, this is certainly not our standard and action will be taken to monitor and service better. We have already commenced repairs and refreshment to these facilities to improve for our guests.

Seruni P, again we thank you for staying with us and pleased you enjoyed your stay. My team and I remain here to welcome you back again in the near future.

Have a wonderful day.

General Manager.
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time.
The building is aging but the interior is already renovated. It is nice and clean.

Wifi is free, that's very good.
Food at breakfast is just ok, not bad. The coffee is just so so.

Swimming pool is good and clean, too bad my schedule this time is too packed even to swim nor using the gym.

Will come back there, as an option.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Novotel_Solo, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Daniel H,

We appreciate your time to post your comments online, and very pleased your enjoyed your stay here in Solo.

Novotel Solo has indeed renovated the guest rooms, and we are continuing to upgrade the rest of our public areas and facilities. Our corridor refreshment (including carpet) is ongoing, and we expect to be complete over the coming months. We look forward to welcoming you back to experience our continued improvements.

Please do try and make time for our recreation facilities, our two pools and fitness centre will make your next stay refreshing and relaxing.

We wish you safe travels, and do hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,