“Pathetic Business Floor”
Review of Novotel Solo

Novotel Solo
Ranked #10 of 61 Hotels in Solo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Among all the club or executive floors of premium hotel I have visited for the past few year, the is probably the most unacceptable 'Business Floor', as it read out on the the life button, level 7.
There are only two very incapable young female staff working there, and all flight reconfirmation, room change, tour assistance have to have me personally call to the department concern as their job is just to take care of the food on this so called executive floor. During my past three nights there, the crumb on the glass top remained uncleaned, the fingers prints were all over even before I lay my cup on it. The GM, who walked pass the Business Floor, checking on his phone, instead of greeting the guests who have paid the 'premium' for the little comfort and attention. Clearly. the GM have also never took a look at the glass table top as he walked pass the floor to his apartment.

Food- pineapple juice, at room temperature. No milk for coffee, on staff on attendence. Cakes were dried and ants and flies. Informed the front office about the showerhead leakage and no one come and fix it. The toilet amenities , shower gel and body scrub gel was not replenished when the room is clean.

The shuttle service for all the incoming flights to Solo, but air asia. I had to patiently to explain in my not so good Bahasa to incluse Air Asia flight schedule for shuttle services and I got my shuttle, which was the same time departing for the airport to pick up a passenger from Silk Air.

Hope the Accor management will get to send the GM for training in order to produce a better service Novotel

Room Tip: just get a normal room. Dont bother with business room or suite room, as the suite room is the room...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank inxpekto
Thomas C, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear reviewer,

First of all, we would like to apologize and feel very sorry that our service did not match your expectations. I am not sure who you are referencing to as the "GM" because i was on business trip when you stayed here. Anyway we will investigate what happened and make an action plan so that it does not happen again. We are also very happy to let you know that we have renovated the whole hotel and we will make a proper business lounge on the 7th floor matching Novotel standards.
We hope that soon you will have the chance to come and see the changes.
Again thank you very much for your comments and hope we can make you change your mind on your next stay here in Novotel Solo!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I'm very satisfied with the room, so comfort and .....the location of this hotel is so a strategic from interested place in Solo, near to go anywhere ...... i'll be back for another time visit Solo....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Thomas C, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for your nice comments!
I have already passed to my team your comments. I am sure they will be thrilled to hear their hard and good job is recognized by our guests.

We are looking forward to see you again in Novotel Solo

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just-average hotel in Solo. Compared to the other hotels I stayed at with the same price point, I felt that I overpaid. I felt like I was in an Ikea store. Breakfast buffet is large but I wished they offered more fruit choices. Bad coffee. Novotel is in a decent location close to the antique market and smaller palace.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear reviewer,

We are very sorry that your stay did not match your expectations. Regarding the comment about the coffee we are very happy to let you know that we have changed our supplier and now provide fresh coffee every morning for our guests!
We hope you will have a chance to come back and try it one day!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Gave the hotel another chance because of it's staff and location but wont be going back. Then reception staff as always were very helpful, with the older restaurant staff as fabulous as ever, however some of the newer staff seem to wander around aimlessly and dont seem to enjoy their job. The food is ok but not much has changed over the years but the new breakfast buffet was most of the time cold or at best luke warm. We had guests for dinner one night and after being seated and placing our order I had to complain to the f&b manager that after 25 minutes we still didnt have our drinks and what made it worse was that 2 of the meals came out while I was inside complaining. The room was the normal Novotel Solo room (we had a suite) but as the curtains were different widths they didnt close properly, leaving a 1 metre gap between them when closed and the were hanging very badly from the track which means they didnt block out much light. Had a problem with the laundry and when asked reception on the executive floor she advised use to go down to the laundry to sort it out (ground floor reception sorted it out). There was a blown light globe in the room so on the 2nd day I took it out and left it on the coffee table thinking they might replace it but no so I still had to call housekeeping and get it replaced. We had a look at the renovated suites and it's a shame they have not done the bathrooms and left some of the old furniture in the rooms and although a vast improvement on the old suites they are very IBIS style in the new furniture. I used to love staying at this hotel but now most of the great staff have left we wont be going back and have already booked another hotel for our stay later this year.

Room Tip: Try to get a pool side room as much quieter than the front rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear reviewer,

We are very sorry that your stay did not match your expectations, we have well taken notes of your comments and we will make sure that we could provide a better service in the future.
We hope that this bad experience wont make you go elsewhere and you will give us another chance to prove you that we can do better at Novotel Solo!

Thanks a lot for your comments

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the Novotel on an Agoda special off-peak deal, so it was pretty good value for money. That said, the place could do with some updating. The rooms are nice but the wifi is terrible. You can only get a good connection in the bar and restaurant. Another annoyance was that your room key would erase if placed near a mobile phone. It was a pain to return to the lobby to have it reset.

Aside from those fairly minor annoyances, the food (whilst pricey) was of a very high standard, the staff were extremely hospitable and the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Abby W
Thomas C, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear reviewer,

We are very sorry that your stay did not match your expectations, we are pleased to let you know that we are doing a full refurbishment of the hotel included the executive lounge this year. We are adding brand new rain shower as well as changing all the furniture in the rooms.
We have well noticed also your comments about the WiFi problems you experienced and we have just added some additional bandwidth.

We really appreciate the nice comments about our food and our staff, and are also very pleased you found the room comfortable.

We hope that you will have the chance one day to come back and see it by yourself the improvements.
Again, thank you very much for your valuable comment.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Best ever location of hotel for me and family
Sunday car free day very amazing crowd food and people around hotel
Only drive "becak" to go Palace, Market, Batik Village "kauman", and Food bazar GALABO
and walking distance to Bakso Alex and Sate Kambing
Very interesting place and nice to sleep

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank YoAdiBali

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for your nice comments!

We are looking forward to see you again in Novotel Solo

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our Solo Expats Association (SEA) again held its AGM at Novotel Hotel Solo. Facilities were excellent - well thought out and imaculately prepared. The pre-meeting food was of very high standard., and the staff helpful and attentive. Many thanks to general manager Thomas Colbert for his great service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank michael_micklem
Thomas C, General Manager at Novotel Solo, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thanks a lot,

It is always a pleasure to welcome the Solo expat association!!!