“the best hotel in solo”

Solo Paragon Hotel & Residences
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Solo
Reviewed December 15, 2012

One building with Paragon mall , room was excellent . I've reserved a Deluxe room and the view was fantastic . They have a biggest swimming pool and I loved the fitness center which managed by Clark hatch ...amazing.
Breakfast are very good with a lot of choices and they also provides Solo traditional food like Nasi Liwet and Serabi ...Sure , will come to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
GM SoloParagon H, General Manager at Solo Paragon Hotel & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest (Davidoffbali),

It is indeed a pleasure reading your positive comments and inputs, and that you enjoyed your last stay with us at Solo Paragon Hotel & Residences, we are continuously working on improving our service for our guests, as well as the mall that is attached to the hotel which keep adding the popular tenants such as Centro department store, Black Canyon Cofee, Starbucks, Carefour, etc..
I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Solo Paragon Hotel.

Kind regards,

Budi Prihardjanto

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed there for two nights along with my Indonesian friend, who had booked it for us. The location is very convenient in that it is adjacent to a big shopping mall having, inter alia, good restaurants there. The hotel was clean with a big lobby. Breakfast was good and the members of the service staff were very co-operative. Our stay there, as I feel in overall consideration, was of greater satisfaction than the money paid for it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mohammed H K
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Picked the hotel because my usual hotel was fully booked. Got an executive room with 2 bedrooms. One bedroom with a king size bed and a bathroom inside; the other one is a small bedroom without any bathroom (located just in-front of it).
Their pillows, bed and towels are clean.
It has a layout like a small apartment with simple furniture and a small living room. No carpet.
The room is suitable for people traveling with children of 1 or 2.
The staffs are just so so too.
In overall, it's a clean hotel, has basic amenities and quite. Compared with other 4 stars international hotel chains, they could do better. It feels like staying in a 3 stars hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went to Solo to watch a cultural event in September 2012 and this one seemed to be the only one with rooms available among other hotels close to the evnt venue. I had no high expectations at all, as it was probably another 4 star hotel with its regular, standard services to make you comfortable. What surprised me was all the staff I met were so nice and friendly, which made me feel special, although i waa just a regular, ordinary guest. As I checked in at early morning, grreeted by nice warm from iffice staff, I was asked wait for anout an hour to get a room ( no complains, this is just standard), so I went to the lobby lounge to get coffee. And again I was treatwd as if I was the most important person that day. Thanks to all your super friendly staff at the coffeeshop, swimming pool, gym, and housekeeping dept too. I enjoyed my 2- day stay at this hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Danny-Yatim
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here for one night over the weekend. The hotel has a nice room although a bit small, loved the location as it is just next to the Paragon Mall with lots of choices for food. Breakfast spread is quite good as they also served traditional Solo cuisine. Service from the staff is ok, the only letdown is that we do not get the Twin Room as per our request when making the reservation. They mention that since the hotel is full with group, the twin room is sold out, thus, we have to settle with a king room and it is not too convenient to sleep in a king bed especially since you are traveling with a friend not your spouse. Good value for money

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I think the only thing saving this hotel is the friendly staff. Even though the hotel is 2 years old, the room I stayed in looked very aged. The airconditioning was very loud and I had to keep turning it off because I couldn't hear the tv. The bathroom is very small, but was adequate. I had to sit in the hallway to use my laptop because internet was non-existent in the room. There was no hotel directory in the room, so I didn't know what time the restaurant was open for breakfast, what the operating hours for the gym and pool were. The shopping mall beside the hotel was pitiful - trying to be high class with very few shops. I found the Grand Solo Mall - about a 5 min walk down the road to be better. Breakfast in the lobby restaurant was okay, but no milk for the tea or coffee. Downfall with the pool is no shade whatsoever. Also very busy. the view from the pool looking up at the hotel was not very desirable because of the residents' washing hanging out the windows. I was there for an event, which was close to the hotel, but if I ever had to go back to Solo, I would try somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2012

the room is really nice, the location is very good too. there are some good restaurants near the hotel. the hotel is near to city centre and mangkunegaran palace. the food at the restaurant is very great too!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family