Rumah Turi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewseco friendly hotelparagon mallsmall hotelquiet neighborhoodwalking distancekeep an eyeevery morninghome away from homeindonesian breakfasthot showerroom was spaciouslocal foodplantsdesignmaintenancehospitalityfurniture
Reviewed September 16, 2014

My husband and i spent 1 night in this nice hotel few weeks ago. Online booking was responded very quickly. Staffs are very friendly. For the breakfast, normally they serve ala carte menu that guests need to order the night before. We asked if they can provide fruit platter as my husband and i only eat fruits in the morning. They accommodate our request, which is really nice, although the portion was a bit too small.
We are very concern about sustainable living practices so we chose to stay in this hotel because of the eco principles that they (claim they) apply. A really good start, but many things to improve. Room was very clean. There was liquid soap and shampoo dispenser in the shower.
The garden was really nice and refreshing. I hope they use solar pump for the waterfall as they keep it on even during the night, quite energy consuming actually.
The artificial rain for watering the plants was water consuming as well (unless if they use grey water for this. we didn't have the chance to ask about this to the staff, so we're not really sure if they use fresh water or grey water).
They still provide water in plastic bottles. Providing glass water jugs and cups is a more sustainable option.
Coffee and snacks from the restaurant can be improved also. Too much sugar and water in the juice.
Lastly, one very disappointing thing for us was to find many birds kept in small cages in their front garden. Some birds are in such small cages they couldn't spread their wings. Most of them were not in shade during the day. This was a very sad point for us. Had we known this before, we wouldn't stay in this hotel. And this is also why i rate them as 'poor'. If there were no birds in poor captive condition, i would rate them as 'very good'. I know that this is a common thing in Indonesia for people to keep birds as pets in small cages. But if i may suggest, if Rumah Turi still want to keep those birds, they can build a large aviary surrounding the front garden so at least there are space for the birds to fly around, and they can enjoy the trees that are already there. Just need to set up some poles and structure and put a net around to give better live for those poor birds.
Keep up all the good work, and good luck!

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VicSendy
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Love the concept and design - woke up to the sounds of bird chirping and sun leaked through a big glass window. Super clean, super warm hospitality, super Eco-friendly. But not Maps-friendly; have a hard time finding this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I'm staying few time in this hotel. I like it at first. The (Deluxe) room are big with big glass window which I like (I heard for standard room they don't have windows and quite small).
In my next visit I notice the hotel quite noisy, you can hear voice from the next room and if the staff working.

Not easy to find even though this hotel very close to city centre, 5 mins by walk to Paragon Mall. If you having hard time to find this hotel, just inform the driver to go to Paragon Mall area.

The staff very friendly and Breakfast quite tasty, I like it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salahcetak
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I love the artificial rain that falls 3 times a day to water the plants in the hotel. Although you might find some mosquito, i think i still can fight it to enjoy the relaxing athmosphere in here.

The staff are friendly, and rooms are clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our family stayed here for 3 days 2 evenings. We booked it from Agoda. I have some doubt because it looks so small and there's a chance of lots of mosquitos. At the same time, I already like the location which close to Slamet Riyadi (great nasi liwet place) and train station not mention very close to the church location of the wedding of our friends.

I fell in love the moment I see Rumah Turi. It's in the middle of kampong street. Quiet. And greeen! I love the way the design of the place. Yes it's not big. But it's not meant to people that used to the luxury of 5 star hotel. It meant to people that like alternative artsy hidden place. It's also for people that value human contact...those people of Rumah Turi from the time I checked in actually already expect me to come! They called me by name. Remember my kid's name. It might be not a 5 star facility but definitely a 5 star services. Every morning someone will ask what we will do and willing to do extra mile to explain on how we should go there.Seriously please dont change it...its the first factor we definitely will be back to Rumah Turi! I feel very safe to let my son roaming around as I know everyone will help to keep an eye of him.

The designer of Rumah Turi think in small little details. The outside lounge/resto is nice place to sit eventhough it has no AC. The management use sort of herbal things to ensure no mosquitos in the evening. It might be bit too dark but I never like big birght shiny lamp anyway so it wasn't a problem.

The room is adequate and in minimalist style however because it used earth color the ambiance is warm. The shower at our room (below the stairs) takes some time to heated. Forgot to ask why. But my sister's room at Wuni's has an excellent hot water. So it's probably just ours. The choice of breakfast is limited but if you're willing to walk in the morning there's lots of other choices like Legi which cost you only 5 -10 thousands per dish. In the evening try Rumah Turi's martabak and loempia Semarang. Or if you're in adventorous mood ... walk 100m to Omah Pendopo for their Wedang Ronde. Have fun!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family