“Definetely value for money and near a superb location”
Review of Ibis Styles Solo

Ibis Styles Solo
Ranked #13 of 61 Hotels in Solo
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Hotel Ibis Solo is definitely value for money, super clean and at perfect location, however, if you like to enjoy the old town ambiance of Solo, don;t stay at this hotel because it is quite far ffom the old town area i.e. kampung laweyan

The hotel is within walking distance to MUST VISIT restaurant in Solo: Restaurant Adem Ayem so don't bother to eat at the hotel, have your breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel.

If you feel like pamper your self go to the sister hotel: Novotel at the same complex area for a good spa service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Primaningrum, Manager at Ibis Styles Solo, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your review of the hotel on TripAdvisor! We are always very happy to hear that we have meet expectations.
We are looking forward to your next visit and hopefully it would be pleasant as previous one

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Solo

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was stay here for about two weeks, a business trip.. actually Solo is not as busy as Yogyakarta, but the ambience was similar.. so there were not a lot options to be considered in here (they are seems similar), but lets take a look the good and the bad..

Good Point:
1. It has fitness center that relatively big for 3* hotel, free of charge
2. It has jacuzzi or "whirlpool" and sauna, free of charge
3. Clean room
4. 2 or more electricity socket

Bad Point:
1. The service was not so good, my bath room door couldn't be locked, I've told the staff many times, but then no follow up
2. You have to ask for sandal if you need it (my room didn't have it very often)
3. Slow internet connection
4. Breakfast was average (better to try something outside)

But then you dont have a lot of option, it was nearly similar

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

I sincerely would like to thank you for taking the time to address your concerns, as it will always help us improving the quality of service. Your comments have been carefully taken into consideration and reported to our operational department as well as our Management Team.

It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future

Reviewed February 18, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Primaningrum, Manager at Ibis Styles Solo, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was stay for two nights, the price offered is worth with the view I've got. The Reception gave me room with pool view, it's not too big room but surely clean, comfortable and facing the sunrise. The Restaurant menu is quite varied, they even serve traditional snack on breakfast. After we check out they contact us shortly to inform my son's toy that left on play ground. its not a plush toy but we really appreciate what they've done. They seems well trained staff. I recommend to stay at this hotel when you visit Solo

Room Tip: request room with pool view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Primaningrum, Manager at Ibis Styles Solo, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Hotel Solo.
It is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. We can't wait to welcome you back in the future for another great experience!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

It was always challenging when a friend booked you a room at a hotel that you are not familiar with, so when the name Ibis popped up I was a hesitating a little.
Anyway, for half a day at A$33.00/night I don't think I should expect much.
When I arrived there around 4pm, I thought I should be booking the Novotel right beside the Ibis, however friend assured me Ibis is newer.
To my surprise, the lobby was just nice, even those basic furniture, small reception (2 staffs), clean and roomy, the lobby restaurant looks a bit quiet.
2 lifts and we are in our room, when we walked in, more surprises, great view of Solo city, nicely furnished, basic shower, toilet and 2 towels, internet provided, etc. best value I reckon.
BTW, the hotel was opened by the best Mayor Joko Widodo; Jokowi, who is now the current Governor of Jakarta.
I would come back and stay there, no worries.

Room Tip: Not too close to the lift, busy hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Primaningrum, Manager at Ibis Styles Solo, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at Ibis Hotel Solo.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in 21st of Jan, 2013. Everything was okay, restaurant was expensive. when we were having dinner, nobody was around all the time, which was strange. later I've found out price was at least double expensive than other places. When we checked out I have paid cash, but I've just got my bank statement and found out they also charged from my visa card. When I asked reception girl, she said didn't charge from my card, only used this for deposit reason, that's she said. But until now I didn't get my refund, so disappointed. 3 nights total was 1212743.07 IDR., but they also charged from my card 157.19 usd. So I wont recommend this hotel to anybody. Pls refund my 157.19usd as soon as possible.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Primaningrum, Front Office Manager at Ibis Styles Solo, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Ibis Solo. On behalf of the Management, please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience that occurred during your stay.

The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of our management. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem.
Our records indicate that transaction above is CARD VERIFY. We have contacted the bank to assist release the cards verify as soon as possible.

As we know, we've been updating the process through your personal email

Primaningrum
Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 4, 2013

the hotel is quite new, so im pretty sure to convince myself to have my room clean and smells good. i like the new concept of this hotel chain and its close to everywhere in solo within walking distace. the food was okay and the staff are excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Our location is really one of the best in the city.
Thank you for your feedback regarding out staff! I will be sure to share your thoughtful comments with our team about. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!