“A very good place to stay”
Review of Novotel Semarang

Novotel Semarang
Ranked #8 of 67 Hotels in Semarang
Kebumen
“A very good place to stay”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Pros:
- Great location, in Semarang's business district (8/10).
It also easy to find, near several places of interest, and taxi is available for 24 hours a day.

- Unique room concept (8/10).
I usually greeted with almost-all-the-same carpeted room, but Novotel Semarang presents wooden floor, and the woodwork is great. Also, the bed is slightly lower than usual, which is more comfortable, too.

- Polite staff (9/10).
Even the parking security is helpful, even with their limited parking space.

Cons:
- Very limited parking space (4/10).
They try to handle this by providing free valet service, but as always, somehow a little slow.

Additional comments:
This is a good place to stay, although I never stay more than two nights there.
Just a little thing, the bathrooms have large window facing the room. I had a little trouble since I went with parent and nephew, but it might be interesting for young couples, newlyweds, or anyone who wants a second (or third?) honeymoon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andi_Huang
Severine K, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback and comment. I will share your comment to my team.
We are still working day after day to improve our quality and definitely all your comment are well appreciated.
Once again thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you again in Novotel Semarang for your next trip.

Mrs Severine Krawec Juliyanto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed for 1 night after long landtrip from Jakarta to Surabaya. i was expected too much to this hotel since i was stayed at many Novotel at other city in Indonesia but this is the worst ever. i stayed at 2nd floor at corner room and carpet along galley was smelly like never clean before. Bath tub is slipery and all equipment at bath room need to be maintained. View is poor since i could only see some trees and not much to see from 2nd floor.

Playground that i expected will made my kids homy is only tiny room size around 2x2 and in mind accor is always famous with good food but it didn't works at Semarang. All food is untasted, porridge taste too sweet, noodle is untasted and cook too dry. Everything was not right at that restaurant. The only thing that i like, they provide jamoo "a traditional herbal drink" of java.

Location is close to the mall but quite far from simpang lima area. I think i will never stay at this hotel again on my visit to Semarang.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Severine K, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for sending us your comments concerning your stay in my Hotel.

Please accept my sincerest apologizes for what happen in Novotel Semarang.

Regularly we received positive comments and I am sorry that your stay was not at your convinience.
Concerning the view unfortunately I cannot do so much as our hotel has different orientation some rooms are facing some governemental office, some the Shopping center but if you wish to have a city view you must be on the highest floor but at this time we were full and we were not able to satisfied all clients requests. Concerning the maintenance we are doing regularly maintenance for bathroom, room, painting,...

It is true that in Novotel Semarang our kids club is tiny but until now we never have complaint concerning the size as we offer to our kids's clients, TV, movie, Play station, wooden game,... as we are concern with environment and health of your kids.

For the restaurant or our breakfast we have rarely comments about the taste but we will work on it in order to rectify the quality.
Location yes we are not in Simpang Lima but only at 5 min by taxi and only 10 000 IDR.

Please for your next stay please contact me i will be pleased to welcome you and to recover the confience that you had before in Novotel

Mrs. Severine Krawec
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed here in 3 separate occasions. In the first time, I stayed in a room way down the hall on the 2nd floor. The room itself was fine, all that could be expected from a Novotel property. But curiously, I heard noises at night that sounded like someone was hammering nails. My colleague who stayed in another room heard the same thing. Apparently the noises came from the ballroom one floor below where the banquet staff were preparing for an event.

In the second time, I stayed in a floor that was under maintenance. The hotel took into consideration to stop all maintenance activities 5 PM. Since I spent the whole day outside, it was not a big problem.

Because the second stay happened to be in the Ramadan month of fasting, our room package included fasting break buffet. But when my colleague and I came to the restaurant, it was so packed the dinner experience was far from enjoyable.

In the third time, I didn't expect much so the stay was mostly uneventful.

The swimming pool was so tiny for a hotel with that many rooms, it was so uncomfortable just sharing the pool area with other guests. I gave up using it on my third stay.

The food quality, both in the breakfast buffet and the room service, was so-so. The fruit in the salad bar was nearly spoiled I had to throw away the whole plate that I took. The freshly ground coffee available in the buffet was quite consoling though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east. it offers better view. High floors tend to be quieter, so I suppose it w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Severine K, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Sir,

I would like to apologize for the noice that you add during the stay whicg where coming from our Ballroom for some next day event in our Ballroom, I already spoke with my team to avoid as much as we can to do some night preparation in our meeting rooms.
As you said we are doing some renovations in our hotel during Ramadhan time as our occupancy is lower in order to offer to our clients the best rooms well maintained.

Concerning the swimming pool unfortunately I cannot do anything as it has been built as it is,

I am deeply sorry to heard that you did not enjoy our Buffet, breakfasting. It is true that it was quite packed, we have a huge demand everyday and we are trying to satisfied all our clients who wish to enjoy our buffet.

Concerning the breakfast I already took some action to avoid this kind of inconveniences.

Mrs. Severine Krawec
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Whenever i visit Semarang on business trip, I would definitely Stay at Novotel. The flooring in the room is wood and it gives a warm feeling. The room is simple yet cozy. The massage service is superb because we can request for a service in the room based on the last order of 11 pm. That is very nice to have an aromatherapy massage before we go to bed. Breakfast used to be better. this time it wasn't as good as before.
Perfect place to stay if you visit Semarang.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Severine K, General Manager at Novotel Semarang, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for your feedback and comment. I will share your comment to my team.

Mrs Severine Krawec Juliyanto