“Average food, but speedy service and amazing location”
Review of Kampung Laut

Kampung Laut
Ranked #14 of 620 Restaurants in Semarang
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In English, Kampung Laut means sea village. Kampung Laut is an exotic seafood restaurant complex built above lake with relaxing and romantic ambiance. Enjoy you quality time with your family, friends, or colleagues in fun and entertaining facilities spread through Kampung Laut. Just order your food and drinks then enjoy the sunset from our dock for an unfogetful experience. We offer fine selection of fresh seafoof along with complete facilities for your fun activities such as broad fishing pond, private dining, meeting room (up to 50 people), convention hall (up to 2000 people), live music, kids playground, prayer room (mushola) and spacious parking space. Contact Us for more information and reservation. It is our pleasure to share your happy moments with us.
Singapore, Singapore
“Average food, but speedy service and amazing location”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

It is very beautifully designed, right on the water, with a number of pavillions and walkways all in wood. The food is okay and the service is quite quick, especially given the amount of customers

Visited May 2013

• Indonesian first
Semarang, Indonesia
“Decent lunch in Kampung Laut”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I would like to share my recent lunch experience, with three other guests, in Kampung Laut earlier this week. We arrived in the property around lunch time and we immediately proceeded with the order right away. As usual, the waiter took our order and confirmed our order before taking it to their kitchen.

Considering the number of patrons who were in the property during that hour, I would say their speed in processing our order (waiting period) was average/acceptable. We order a total of four (4) different dishes, three of them (fried prawns with mushroom, chicken pop and one veggie, I forgot which one) was served first while the last dish, steamed garoupa came out several minutes later.

Surprisingly, our overseas clients gave compliment on fried prawns with mushrooms : I guess he liked the dish so much that he ate more than half of the plate by himself :). Overall, the food quality was slightly better than average but nothing fantastic about it as I found the taste of our steamed garoupa was almost plain. However, on the other side, in my last few visits in this restaurant, I notice its food quality was slightly better than the one in previous years.

I normally dine in there with guests as this place was not really in my list of restaurants I would like to visit regularly due to its food quality. It's a pity but I believe every one has their own taste preference and I don't have any objection with that. Despite average food quality they serve, this restaurant definitely offers different dining experience in Semarang as it gives the chance to the patrons to sit outdoor and enjoy the (natural) ambiance with big pond surrounding the property. It is nicer to dine in there in late afternoon (around 5:00 pm).

I wish the owner of this restaurant is wiling to invest more money in hiring quality chefs after pouring a great deal of investment in infrastructure. Besides that, the owner can definitely change this restaurant to a (much) better level if he can find a permanent solution on (big) flies flying around our food.

• Visited May 2013
Surabaya, Indonesia
“nice thematic restaurant”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Me and my friends having dinner at this place last sunday after long way from Magelang. This place very huge, nice, with mangrove and cottage restaurant. For food is average and fair price, but you can get a different atmosphere.

Will come back if stop by at Semarang

• Visited May 2013
Semarang
“Variants Menu to Choose with Great Taste”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Kampung Laut is a famous resto in Semarang, both for Lunch or Dinner, for family gathering or business gathering. You can choose any of your favorites menu from the list, you will enjoy the good taste of all. Unfortunately the service is very low, sometimes we have to wait for a long time before the menu we have ordered come. I frustrated when I add some more order from my guest, even only asked for additional drink, we have to wait for a long time. The sequenced of menu served is not good, sometimes we almost finished with the main menu but the drink is not coming yet. But over all the resto is still the best choice when we have no more instant choice.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank SiskaPoedjie
Semarang, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
“Good atmosphere seafood cottage restaurant”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Located in the seaside, it consists of cottages and outdoor area in seaside, there is an artificial lake for fishing (kolam pancing). It is lighted at night. A lot of gubug/ pondok2. The food is good. the price is a little expensive. but it is worth it.

• Visited March 2013